• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Password "Engage Ridley Mother F*cker" Breaking 3DS NES Metroid

Utako

Banned
Sennorin said:
Ugh, I really hate when people are kinda looking forward to a system being exploited. Yeah, yeah, you´re just an innocent homebrew guy, but *you´re a minority*. What the majority will do with a successfully hacked system can be seen with the NDS. But I want a successful 3DS that gives me lots of high quality games, so I hope it´ll take a looong time for a real exploit becoming available. :/
What you don't understand is that exploits don't affect whether developers make games.

Zero-Crescent said:
According to the Youtube comments, the same password freezes the actual cart. Tested in NEStopia, and it freezes with a CPU Jam error. Plus, according to the thread on GBATemp, this password only freezes the emulator and not the whole 3DS system, since a system message still pops up when you remove the SD card.

So yeah, since it only freezes the emulator, it most likely will not lead to any sort of exploit.

Yeah I just tried it on as well, total lockup. Too bad, but still worthy of a place in the GAME SECRETS THAT BLOW YOUR MIND thread.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Sennorin said:
You keep repeating how Nintendo made a stupid mistake, how it´s their fault. Again, if you´re actually interested in the 3DS, you *cannot want* to wish for the system to be hacked any time soon.

When the NDS was hacked, the system was already plenty successful, so it didn´t hurt overall sales. When it started actually hurting, we were already like 6 years into the system´s lifetime, so it didn´t really matter at that point in time. The 3DS is far from both - far from being plenty successful and far from having enjoyed a lengthy time of great software sales.

Just so you´re not missing the point here: If the 3DS is hacked *now*, there likely won´t be anything you could want to import and play on the system, because it´d be dead before that kind of software was released. Even if there already is a game announced you´d like to play (maybe you´re looking forward to Love Plus), you´d really sacrifice the system´s future for a single title? I hope not. If we had this topic three years from now, I wouldn´t be so adamant about arguing against hacking the system, but we´re in the now, and in this now, the 3DS is struggling to sell high numbers and it is struggling to get a large amount of high quality, exclusive games. So without trying to offend you in any way, please understand that I absolutely hope that there won´t be a hack anytime soon and that you should hope for the same. And when the 3DS is hacked in like 3-4 years, you can import the 2-3 games you couldn´t play so far.
PSP was hacked almost right away and there's plenty of imports still being released that I want to play.
Stop being silly.

Utako said:
What you don't understand is that exploits don't affect whether developers make games.
For some developers, piracy does influence decisions. And exploits usually lead to that.

There were quite a few developers who expressed unhappiness when it came to the DS piracy situation. Capcom also didn't release SSFIV on the PC, and the reason they provided is because of piracy.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Why would you do that? said:
For some developers, piracy does influence decisions. And exploits usually lead to that.

There were quite a few developers who expressed unhappiness when it came to the DS piracy situation. Capcom also didn't release SSFIV on the PC, and the reason they provided is because of piracy.
You believed Capcom? C'mon man.

Emitan

SSFIV:AE

fernoca

But Capcom is Capcom. PSP was hacked to hell and back and still; is Capcom the one that published "the system seller" and the top selling game on it (Monster Hunter..well, in Japan at least).

They didn't released Super SFIV on PC, yet released SuperSFIV Arcade Edition.

Piracy affects them, but developers and publishers have many other reasons for not releasing games (sales, money, moneyhats, bias, ignorance); more than piracy. They just like to say piracy is the bad guy first and foremost.

Peagles

The password is lol. But the crash is a bit scary! Granted, I can't actually get my ambassador games yet *shakes fist* but I don't know if I really want to try this out!

Top Bottom