• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption Official thread of HOLY FREAKING CRAP

NotWii

Banned
sevenchaos said:
My theory is the beginning acts more FPS than Metroid to pull in all the FPS gamers. Once you get in to the meat it will play like the games we all know and love. In the end converting the masses.
Yep

Gribbix

samusmisses.jpg

frymisses.jpg

My impressions from the first 17 minutes:

- Graphical impressions are hard to make due to the poor quality of the video. But clearly, it looks better especially in terms lighting and texture clarity.
- Samus' eyes looked better in this video, but might just be the video quality.
- You can very faintly hear Samus' theme when she's in the ship.
- The ship controls are all awesome and very interactive.
- Voice acting for the most part is good. I saw one line repeat, but overall it's definitely not bad.
- The samus model is absolutely awesome.
- The cursor is smaller than it used to be.
- The map screen is pretty nice and unique. Features a cursor which should make things easier.
- The new morph ball bomb effect is very nice.
- Faces look a bit iffy close up.
- I think i saw a repeating character model.
- You can't shoot friendly characters - the cursor changes when you place it over a friendly character.
- If you scan a creature, it says creature scanned with the Samus symbol next to it.
- The captain's name is Admiral Dane.
- The blue glow from the charge beam remains, which looks awesome.
- I'm getting KOTOR vibes from bypassers talking to Samus. It's good stuff.
- Scanning is like a mix between Prime 1 and Prime 2. It looks great, especially with Samus' eyes in the background. No more 3D models - it's back to the Prime 2D art.
- Samus has to enter her own code - first she has to find it out, then she presses buttons with the wii remote.
- The three hunters appear early on. They speak like transformers. Ghor is the first to be shown. I'm not a huge fan of his design, it looks a bit stupid. I love Rundus' though.
- Samus has to go through scanning to ensure it's her and that she's not corrupted with anything. Makes things even more immersive.
- This guy uses A to jump and B to shoot. Sounds good to me.
- Turning still looks a tad slow at times. But overall seems great.
- Gandrayda IS a shapeshifter. Awesome.
- Mother Brain speaks. Same voice as from the Wii videos.
- Rundus is huge.
- Admiral Dane's character model has been improved massively - he used to look ridiculous.
- When space pirates hit, great use of atmosphere. Lots of chaos.
- I love the exchange between Dane and Samus.
- This game truly is built for Wii.
- Loading on specific doors is a bit slow
- Looking out the window, seeing the battles in space - omfg.
- THOSE ACHIVEMENT THINGS ARE REAL.
- Troops sucked into space = omfg again.

Rindain

Banned
It's just weird that there is such a strict embargo that other sites (IGN, 1UP, etc) are adhering to pretty strictly, and then it's like WOW FIRST HOUR ONLINE!

I think it's cool, just weird...and I would expect Nintendo to be kind of mad given their embargo.

Alkaliine said:
My impressions from the first 17 minutes:

- Loading on specific doors is a bit slow

Yeah, I noticed that a few were there's a big scene, or things change a lot the doors load a bit slower, but it's still not to bad.

Alkaliine said:
- THOSE ACHIVEMENT THINGS ARE REAL.

Yeah, I wonder if you'll be able to show them to friends...
Hmmm.

AniHawk

AceBandage said:
Yeah, I noticed that a few were there's a big scene, or things change a lot the doors load a bit slower, but it's still not to bad.

Yeah, I wonder if you'll be able to show them to friends...
Hmmm.
Sure. Just pop the game in during the middle of a party with several hot girls.

AniHawk said:
Sure. Just pop the game in during the middle of a party with several hot girls.
Someone PM PhoenixDark, he's been doing it all wrong.
Rindain said:
I think this deserves its own thread...but then again, maybe we should keep it our little secret?
For Metroid fans only? How about wait for YouTube stuff to be up first, then it'll be harder to push off the net if Nintendo gets upset over the possibility of an increase in sales.

Rindain

Banned
Mr. Spinnington said:
For Metroid fans only? How about wait for YouTube stuff to be up first, then it'll be harder to push off the net if Nintendo gets upset over the possibility of an increase in sales.

I agree--this video sells the game to everybody. The ships crashing into the federation starship == AWESOME.

I don't know about you guys but as soon as those YouTube links are up I'm starting a thread on the FIRST AWESOME HOUR OF METROID PRIME 3, unless TwinIonEngines wants it.

Christine

Sorry this is taking so long. I had to split the files and youtube is taking forever to process, but there should be something viewable soon.

TwinIonEngines said:
Sorry this is taking so long. I had to split the files and youtube is taking forever to process, but there should be something viewable soon.
Thanks for an update. I've been OMG'ing at a fair amount of the intro, and the game looks to play smooth as silk. I'm considering falling in for a purchase before my trip overseas --maybe I just will.

I promised myself I wouldn't spend anymore money, but these videos are damn convincing. Hopefully the rest of the world feels the same.

I mean for God's sake it LOOKS like it controls well. Just from watching someone play it, it looks like it plays really fucking well.

NotWii

Banned
Game looks much more polished than last year.
- I love the background music when you're first on the Olympus.
- They changed the types of Space Pirates that attack you on the flagship and on Norion
- Gohr and Rundus are cool
- Those Federation log trailers were being read by Mother Brain :eek:

My only nitpicks:
- Samus' eyelashes still need more polygons
- I wish you'd use the nunchuk to pulls levers and stuff instead of the wiimote.

Kenka

TwinIonEngines said:

MACH DAS SCHNELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLER

I' will mini huere MP3 video anschauue

Top Bottom