• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime 4 (Working Title) - Fact Sheet (E3 2017 Press Kit)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
From the press kit:

factsheet-e32017-metrlws0a.png

Thought this deserved a separate thread.

New dev team.

I mean, if they were formed because of their passion and want to make the game, it gives me some hope they know what they're doing.

E: I love how the 'Features' are literally the same as the main paragraph, lol

Well I like how they emphasize the series core ideas of isolation and exploration, almost as if they're telling fans "We get it, Other M and Federation Force were not what you wanted"

"And introduces a new storyline that ties together the events of the Metroid Prime universe"

Yup. It's definitely Sylux.

250px-Sylux_mph_Artwork.png

He's been involved in the stingers of the last two Prime games.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
New dev team is good news.

I hope Retro is doing something fresh.

By "something fresh," you mean "finishing the off the greatest platforming trilogy of all time."

New Development Team as in new to Metroid Prime? New to Nintendo? Or totally new?

Very interesting and hope to hear more soon.

Servbot24

Banned
New dev team makes me nervous. It's so easy to mess this up. Game needs to have:

No NPCs
No dialogue
No set pieces
No surface level plot aside from a brief intro or something
No character development aside from through gameplay

Are they going to resist AAA tropes? It's very rare for any dev to have that much self-control.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
New dev team for this sounds promising.

You had me at "First Person Adventure" and "First game in series as inspiration"

Dear fuck. What an E3 for a Metroid fan :)

Edit: They also said "isolation" THESE PEOPLE GET IT! YESSS!

Croc

Banned
Sounds like more of a focus on the direction of 1/2 rather than 3 which makes me super excited. 3 was still good but it's not the direction I really wanted to see the games go in.

ckaneo

New dev team makes me nervous. It's so easy to mess this up. Game needs to have:

No NPCs
No dialogue
No set pieces

Are they going to resist AAA tropes? It's very rare for any dev to have that much self-control.
What the hell, why would you want these 3 things?

No NPCs
No dialogue
No set pieces
No surface level plot aside from a brief intro or something
No character development aside from through gameplay

The first 2 didn't hurt Zelda at all.
What the hell is wrong with plot and character development?

Top Bottom