• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Prime

Kuramu

look around for half pipes. you sometimes walk right through them without noticing. I watched my friend walk through one close to the landing site 20 times. I had to eh-em because i didn't want to totally give it away

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Yeah, half pipes are a pretty obvious land mark in the MP game world. You're introduced to one 2 seconds after exiting the room you get the boost ball to begin with.

If you want a more concrete hint, why not enable the hint option in your visor?

metroid prime is incredible. i just started playing through it for a second time and this game sucks you in completely. i am extremely excited for echoes. and i would recommend turning the hints on. i don't think they ruin the game whatsoever. they basically let you know where the next major power up is located, but there is still a ton of exploration to do when searching for missile uprgrades and energy boosts. if this is your first time through enjoy it. i envy you...

Mejilan

I recently played through a 2nd run, hard mode. Finished with 101% oddly enough.

Both of my runs were without hints.

I have to buy the Player's Choice version someday as I heard it has been enhanced from the regular version, like additional cut scenes, and the like. I'll stick keep my original for speed runs, as they fix a lot of shortcuts in the new version.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Gorgie said:
I have to buy the Player's Choice version someday as I heard it has been enhanced from the regular version, like additional cut scenes, and the like. I'll stick keep my original for speed runs, as they fix a lot of shortcuts in the new version.

Interesting. Has this been confirmed? I vaguely remember there being differences between regions (Japanese/Euro compared to ours) because of the shortcuts you mentioned.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Im already out of the ice section. Im back in my ship and want to know where to go to advance.

i remeber 2 of em in the chozo ruins that lead to missle upgrades but cant remember if i saw another one.

Mejilan

I think the halfpipe in the early part of Chozo Ruins, where you originally got the Morph Ball, leads to a new area. I could be wrong, it might just lead to another ammo expansion. :) A couple of minutes playing with hints enabled should answer that.

Sander

Orin: After the boostball the next upgrade can be found at the area above and behind your ship (there's a door there). From your ship, go right until you reach the half-pipe and boost up. Bomb the small breakable ball area and proceed.

Btw that upgrade you will receive can be picked up right after you land by sequence breaking, quite cool. Check http://www.metroid2002.com for that.

impirius

The Promised One said:
I'm just chiming in to let it be known that MP kicks more ass than a huge ass kicking boot.

This is all.

Carry on.
You could make a giant wheel with several huge ass kicking boots attached to it and let the thing just roll around and kick asses, and it still wouldn't kick as muh ass as MP.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure there's a half pipe right near where you get the boost ball.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Okay thx. Funny thing is that i gnored it cuse i thought it was just a shortcut to theupperlevel door in that area

Top Bottom