• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS 4 PS3 Limited Edition Sold Out @ konamistyle.com

Firewire

Banned
It seems the MGS4 Limited Edition has sold out at the konamistyle store.
Is there any other news in Japan about sales of this limited edition, is it being offered anywhere else for pre-order in Japan? Also does anyone know how many of these units will be made.

I'm thinking of importing one! (Just because I want to!)

konami.jpg

http://www.konamistyle.jp/sp/mgs/mgs4/

LiK

the only difference is the color of the PS3 and DS3 right? i wish it included more stuff like with the MGS: PO konamistyle PSP bundle.

Minsc

Gold Member
Also does anyone know how many of these units will be made.

I agree, semi-worthless without including the # of copies, but then again, collector's sets do tend to be handled more cautiously to prevent there from being too many (for assorted reasons).

near

Gold Member
I'd really like to know how many of these are made as well. To have sold out on the Konami site several months prior to release is something.

TwIsTeD

i really want this, but an inflated jacked up price ($800) might just make me stay with my 80gb mgs4 pack instead

LiK

Elbrain said:
Well that is good for Konami but I still don't know about the color of that system.

yea, i wish they included the foxhound logo or something on the PS3 case like with the twin snakes gamecube bundle. i think the US bundle is a better value with the larger HDD sans special gray color for japan.

Crisis

Banned
Joe211 said:
MGS4 MULTI million seller confirmed?

It could happen at this rate. When does the US MGS4 pack go up for preorder? Will it go up for preorder or will it be first-come first-serve?

Firewire

Banned
Elbrain said:
Well that is good for Konami but I still don't know about the color of that system.

There something about it that makes me want it, and the more I look at it the more I want it. And its seriously fucking crazy of me to think about ordering one of these when I have two 60GB PS3's already.

xaosslug

Minsc said:
I agree, semi-worthless without including the # of copies, but then again, collector's sets do tend to be handled more cautiously to prevent there from being too many (for assorted reasons).

i'd assume between 500 thousand and 1 mil, then again, that MotorStorm Bundle was 'limited' as well...? :lol

lynux3

I don't know if this has been answered or not, but is the US MGS4 bundle going to include the Steel PS3 as well?

momolicious said:
I thought MGS series doesnt sell too well in japan

They sell around 800k units per release. It's not DQ or FF territory obviously, but it sells enough to make those "MGS doesn't sell in Japan" comments laughable.

LiK

Firewire said:
There something about it that makes me want it, and the more I look at it the more I want it. And its seriously fucking crazy of me to think about ordering one of these when I have two 60GB PS3's already.

hey, at least you can play the old MGS games on your system. cheer up! :D

lynux3 said:
I don't know if this has been answered or not, but is the US MGS4 bundle going to include the Steel PS3 as well?

i think the 1up podcasts said we only get the normal colored PS3.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Konami, you fucking own.

Firewire

Banned
lynux3 said:

I'm pretty sure the US version is black, I'm not sure if its glossy black or not though.

Firewire

Banned
LiK said:
hey, at least you can play the old MGS games on your system. cheer up! :D

I thought I'd end up playing my PS2 collection allot on my PS3, it hasn't worked out that way as I don't have that much current desire to play those titles again. But I know I'll get the itch in the future, so its all good.

I talked to the employees over at User's Side this weekend, and strangely enough, they were doing a pre-order thing for the bundle. I put my name down on a list (first!) but I didn't have to put money down since the store still wasn't sure what was going on (I guess they have to coordinate with the other stores in Japan) with regards to how many systems they were going to get.

Fingers-crossed that I'll be able to get the system from them rather than having to go through an online importer, since I'd rather be able to put the thing in my car than having to lug the thing from work to home on BART. :lol

Joe211

SolidSnakex said:
They sell around 800k units per release. It's not DQ or FF territory obviously, but it sells enough to make those "MGS doesn't sell in Japan" comments laughable.

I think it was ironic...

mabuza said:
ugh are we gonna have new threads now for every ps3 game that sells out online? the fuck is this?
There's not even any freaking numbers. They could have sold 325 units for all we know.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
TTP said:
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 - LIMITED EDITION

http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20080321/mgs403.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

I see, thanks.

The color is nice and all, but like LiK said, they could have at least put a MGS logo or something on it. The writing actually makes it worse IMO.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
mabuza said:
ugh are we gonna have new threads now for every ps3 game that sells out online? the fuck is this?
Well we recently had a thread about the 360 pwning Japan and the 360 pwning the rent charts... so why not?

Crisis

Banned
mabuza said:

Well that depends. What do you mean by "we"? Because if you keep posting shit like that I have a suspicion that you won't be around for many more of those kinds of threads.

LiK

Teetris said:
I see, thanks.

The color is nice and all, but like LiK said, they could have at least put a MGS logo or something on it. The writing actually makes it worse IMO.

hehe, yea, if they didn't include that text, people wouldn't be able to tell it was a LE PS3 at all from the pics. i was hoping for a camo color or something. ah well, konami...

mabuza said:

Correction, it's the Limited Edition of MGS4 being sold out, not MGS4. And second, other PS3 games aren't MGS4!!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
For all we know they might have put 10 LE bundles on pre-order so...

Would be nice for Ryan to drop some numbers here.

Redd

Firewire said:

Must be nice to have that kind of cash. I'm still waiting for my tax refund to get here so I can finally grab a 360 to compliment my other 2 consoles. I hate you.

Top Bottom