• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS Ground Zeroes editing tools released

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why do they use tpp in almost every file name? Was GZ originally planned to be part of TPP?

Yes. They released this chunk so people could play instead of waiting. Ground Zeroes is the prologue for Phantom Pain, after all.

Embearded

Yes. They released this chunk so people could play instead of waiting. Ground Zeroes is the prologue for Phantom Pain, after all.

I know about the prologue, but didn't know that they started the game as one.

Found how to pick among skins for the various missions. Booted Gray Fox skin in the assasination mission. Will post the way after a couple more experiments.

I know about the prologue, but didn't know that they started the game as one.

Found how to pick among skins for the various missions. Booted Gray Fox skin in the assasination mission. Will post the way after a couple more experiments.

Any sign of the Diamond Dogs fatigues from Afghanistan, or is it just GZ stuff?

Embearded

Any sign of the Diamond Dogs fatigues from Afghanistan, or is it just GZ stuff?
Didn't dig that much yet, sorry.

There is a file named PlayerTypeTable that contains 7 types of players:

Normal <- dont know what this one is
Hospital <- i guess thats the one when Snake wakes up from coma
SneakingSuit <- known GZ skin
Scarf <- dont know
Mgs1 <- deja vu mgs1 skin
Raiden <- jamais vu skin
Ninja <- Gray Fox

The path for the file:
\Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes\data_02\Tpp\Scripts\Characters\Player

All i did was replacing SneakingSuits lines with another one.
Tried Hospital and Scarf but the game just gave me black screen.

With Ninja:

YplzVII.jpg

Didn't dig that much yet, sorry.

There is a file named PlayerTypeTable that contains 7 types of players:

Normal <- dont know what this one is
Hospital <- i guess thats the one when Snake wakes up from coma
SneakingSuit <- known GZ skin
Scarf <- dont know
Mgs1 <- deja vu mgs1 skin
Raiden <- jamais vu skin
Ninja <- Gray Fox

The path for the file:
\Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes\data_02\Tpp\Scripts\Characters\Player

All i did was replacing SneakingSuits lines with another one.
Tried Hospital and Scarf but the game just gave me black screen.

With Ninja:

Yeah I'd guess that scarf is the one we've seen from the Afghanistan gameplay. Figures the actual models probably aren't working.

Embearded

Yeah I'd guess that scarf is the one we've seen from the Afghanistan gameplay. Figures the actual models probably aren't working.

either that or it's the skin Snake has in the menu after completing GZ mission.
scarf = scar for his wounds and f for fucked up :p

that is what I always thought.

GZ is as if the would have released the tanker chapter or virtuous mission as separate games

yes but because of it being seperate, they made sure it would be replayable and that's why it confused me. Neither tanker chapter nor virtuous mission have as high replayability as GZ has.

Randam

yes but because of it being seperate, they made sure it would be replayable and that's why it confused me. Neither tanker chapter nor virtuous mission have as high replayability as GZ has.

do you mean the game "Ground Zerous", or the mission?

because for me, the mission has less replay-value then the other two.

Getting zlib1.dll missing when using the unpacker, installed that then got msvcr120 missing, installed and now get an 0xc0000007b error unable to start.

When you say use this code "MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe data_02.g0s -r" do I put this in the command prompt of ftexunpacker or QAR. The xentax sites seems to suggest the QAR. I tried on both.

I have the files and folders unpacked but they're still encrypted in notepad++ and not sure how to run or what stage this code "MGSV_QAR_Tool.exe data_02.g0s -r"

Embearded

Weather system spoiler.

Six different weather types confirmed:

this.WeatherNames = {
sunny = 0,
cloudy = 1,
rainy = 2,
sandstorm = 3,
foggy = 4,
pouring = 5,
}

GZ is pouring
Deja Vu is cloudy
Renegade Threat is sunny
We have seen sandstorm from TPP trailers.
Foggy and rainy have not been seen yet. (not so sure about rainy).

Embearded

I am not capable of messing with the framerate sorry. I can mess with the code and change things in the missions, call routines and fuctions, but i am not fucking with graphics....

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Please, for the love of all things sacred, somebody figure out the framerate cap. I'm begging you!

it's probably could to mess up the game
the fox engine was designed around 60fps, not more

Storm360

So, can we change weather types to play say, GZ main mission during the day?

I wonder if the TPP effects like sandstorm would work

Why do they use tpp in almost every file name? Was GZ originally planned to be part of TPP?

Possibly. TPP is the main project anyway, so pretty much everything in GZ should be seen in TPP in some form. If they decided tomorrow to make an epilogue game, you could bet most of the references would still have TPP in them.

I think there's a lot of stuff that's been unmentioned from TPP though, they've (kojima) confirmed that there will be more than one human buddy, but seems to be no mention of anyone but Quiet in the code. The GZ code might have a very old version of TPP code before more buddies were worked on, or things have been deleted for safety.

Top Bottom