• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes to Phantom Pain Save Transfer

I'll try to summarize as best I can since there are a ton of repeat questions here (note: I don't have TPP yet but have been following this thread)

• Use the guide in the OP to see all the POWs, targets, and soldiers you need to extract
  • You do not need to extract everyone in one playthrough, though you do need to successfully complete the mission each time for the extractions to register. For example, if you rescue the 2 POWs in "Eliminate Renegade Threat", kill the targets and finish the mission, then begin the mission again and extract the two targets, that should give you all 4 in TPP
  • You need to collect all the XOF patches to unlock the Deja Vu and Jamais Vu bonus missions. If you beat Deja Vu on Normal, you get the classic Snake skin in TPP. Some users here have reported that you just need to finish the mission and not recreate all the scenes and ace the quiz, though that is unconfirmed. It is also unconfirmed if the Grey Fox skin you get from beating Deja Vu on hard transfers over
  • It is also unconfirmed if the Raiden skins you get by beating Jamais Vu on Normal and Hard Transfer over
  • As far as we can tell, S Ranks, collecting all tapes, getting all trophies, 100% saves, and beating all missions on hard do not have any effect
  • You upload your save data from the title screen after finishing the prologue in TPP. You can upload and download your data at any time, and multiple times if you go back to GZ and do more, and it should update
  • Personnel and unlocks in TPP do not all appear immediately. Some appear only after beating certain missions or fulfilling other requirements. From what I've read, you need to finish at least until Mission 12 to have everything transfer and/or be available for R&D
  • Yes, the servers are down on Xbox. No, there isn't an ETA to fix them

I'll try to summarize as best I can since there are a ton of repeat questions here (note: I don't have TPP yet but have been following this thread)

• Use the guide in the OP to see all the POWs, targets, and soldiers you need to extract
  • You do not need to extract everyone in one playthrough, though you do need to successfully complete the mission each time for the extractions to register. For example, if you rescue the 2 POWs in "Eliminate Renegade Threat", kill the targets and finish the mission, then begin the mission again and extract the two targets, that should give you all 4 in TPP
  • You need to collect all the XOF patches to unlock the Deja Vu and Jamais Vu bonus missions. If you beat Deja Vu on Normal, you get the classic Snake skin in TPP. Some users here have reported that you just need to finish the mission and not recreate all the scenes and ace the quiz, though that is unconfirmed. It is also unconfirmed if the Grey Fox skin you get from beating Deja Vu on hard transfers over
  • It is also unconfirmed if the Raiden skins you get by beating Jamais Vu on Normal and Hard Transfer over
  • As far as we can tell, S Ranks, collecting all tapes, getting all trophies, 100% saves, and beating all missions on hard do not have any effect
  • You upload your save data from the title screen after finishing the prologue in TPP. You can upload and download your data at any time, and multiple times if you go back to GZ and do more, and it should update
  • Personnel and unlocks in TPP do not all appear immediately. Some appear only after beating certain missions or fulfilling other requirements. From what I've read, you need to finish at least until Mission 12 to have everything transfer and/or be available for R&D

Thanks a lot. I dont know if i have the patience to do all that. I played the prologue on tpp last night.. I just want to keep playing

Soodanim

Gold Member

This needs to be in the OP. Tabris, get over here.

For the people who have GZ on Xbox One, just uninstall and re-install the game. After I did that, it worked thanks to a gaffer on her pointing it out. I can confirm it worked for others as well so try it out! Even with the server error message, it'll still work.

Finally. >_>

U8L2nJZ.png

Ocelot: "I've been waiting for you Solid Snake!"

Big Boss: "Huh?"

I already did everything I wanted in GZ before diving in TPP by gathering info here and there but it's the first clear and comprehensive post I see. So thanks a lot for writing this up. This should be added to the OP.

What's the equipement you unlock as soon as mission 3 ends beside the sneaking suit if you had 100%ed GZ ? I know some stuff unlocks later, just wanna now which ones.

davedc226

Thanks so much for this. Now I have clarity on which prisoners/soldiers I extracted and can transfer over.

The first time I did the Classified Intel Acquisition Mission in Ground Zeroes, I only extracted the Undercover Agent and the three prisoners,but not the bald soldier. I ran through the mission again and extracted the bald soldier and the three prisoners.

At that point I wasn't sure what would transfer over, but now I have a much better idea.

Justinh

I tried clearing the system cache and reinstalling the game and I still can't connect.

I just tried uninstalling/reinstalling and while it still says it can't connect at start-up for Ground Zeroes, the "Upload Save Data" option appeared in the main menu and it worked!
Now my Snakey-Poo has a gold arm and Hideo fiddling around in MotherBase.

So did going back to Camp Omega get cancelled or something? I haven't seen anyone talk about it

Apparently so. There's nothing about it in the guide. I have a feeling the transfer bonuses got changed at some point close to release, because they were talking that Omega mission up for a while.

Flandy

Apparently so. There's nothing about it in the guide. I have a feeling the transfer bonuses got changed at some point close to release, because they were talking that Omega mission up for a while.

I guess all that talk about doing something that has never been done in gaming was a bunch of bullshit then, huh? smh can't believe it's not in -__- I was looking forward to revisiting Camp Omega

NYR

I just got to the part where I get to
mother base
for the first time, and only a handful of POWs are appearing from GZ in the recruit list menu thingy? I rescued everyone from GZ?

Ridley327

I just got to the part where I get to
mother base
for the first time, and only a handful of POWs are appearing from GZ in the recruit list menu thingy? I rescued everyone from GZ?
They'll arrive throughout the first few missions.

I'll try to summarize <snip>
Thanks. Just finished GZ for the first time last night (did all the 'characters' but not the POWs/costumes) and got into TPP about 5-6 hours last night, and wasn't sure what/if everything transferred... Or if I could go back and do more any time, or if it was a 1-time transfer needed at the start of the game... That summary helped clarify things, danke.

Any way to know if you have saved "x" prisoner or not?
Records section only say amount of prisoners of your best run
Nope. If you've forgotten then the only way to be sure is to go and do them all again, outside of the ones you know about via trophies/achievements.

Jabba

Banned
I'm late here but I wan't to do this for a second playthrough of Mgs5, I'm stuck on the Air defense mission. I've gotten the prisoners, all 4 and destroyed 3 anti aircraft guns. The next mission won't open up. Does rank affect what opens up missions?

Top Bottom