• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS: Ground Zeroes Xbox Exclusive Content Trailer

-Deimos

Looks like they used FROG/MGO ghost effects for the body snatchers. Cool.

Did anyone catch that part about the badges? Looks like we're going to be collecting badges during the campaign to unlock this and maybe other missions.

So theres something more? curious to see what it is.

It's not more content, but it is more information on existing content.

People generally don't understand the complexity in communicating between 2 languages, and (technically) at least 4 companies, I have seen at least a dozen drafts at this point. Things are constantly in flux. We'll probably be ready to reveal the rest tomorrow.

Ask again tomorrow. We have some more announcements to make, but first they have to go through all parties.

What was your guys decision to have Xbox have Raiden as the exclusive DLC for the platform.. when Raiden was the exclusive character for PSAS:BR.. it seems kinda two-faced.

and I guarantee you anybody I knew during pre-launch hype wanted old-snake in it.

Boke1879

It's not more content, but it is more information on existing content.

People generally don't understand the complexity in communicating between 2 languages, and (technically) at least 4 companies. Things are constantly in flux. We'll probably be ready to reveal the rest tomorrow.

I pray to God there is no timed console exclusivity. That would really suck.

What was your guys decision to have Xbox have Raiden as the exclusive DLC for the platform.. when Raiden was the exclusive character for PSAS:BR.. it seems kinda two-faced.

Unfortunately, I am not a psychic. I didn't have any say in the call, wasn't invited to the call, wasn't mentioned there would be a call. This was a decision made on high by the big bosses, Mr. Kojima AND GOD.

All kidding aside, Konami is, and will forever be a console mercenary with long histories with all the first parties. That's how we roll.

WTF @ the Snatcher references, this is way more interesting than the PS Solid Snake thing.

I hate the concept of "console exclusive content." YES I'M MAD

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Unfortunately, I am not a psychic. I didn't have any say in the call, wasn't invited to the call, wasn't mentioned there would be a call. This was a decision made on high by the big bosses, Mr. Kojima AND GOD.

All kidding aside, Konami is, and will forever be a console mercenary with long histories with all the first parties. That's how we roll.

Frankly it's stupid. I hope they realize that. This includes hyping up that PS1 Snake skin.

entremet

jGFs4dQ.gif

Is that Boogie?

Did it hurt you this much when the Snake skin/mission was announced as the exclusive mission for the PS4?

Why would it as I prefer the PS4?

I have both consoles but I only want it for the PS4.

As for which is the better mission, It is lame either way - both consoles lose in that aspect I'm afraid.

FUCK YOU KONAMI.

Lewd.

Love the day after a major release like this. We sit back after planning this out for weeks and hope, "Hey, we released something really cool. We hope the fans like it."

And then there's 10,000 of these in my inbox.
And I love every second of it.

Did it hurt you this much when the Snake skin/mission was announced as the exclusive mission for the PS4?

I think most people were pretty indifferent to that announcement/content. They've done the play as old polygonal Snake thing a few times already. So, it's neither novel nor funny anymore.

This Raiden content looks like it provides a significantly different gameplay experience. It's not just a lame retro skin. So, I can see the outrage.

zainetor

Banned
Lewd.

Love the day after a major release like this. We sit back after planning this out for weeks and hope, "Hey, we released something really cool. We hope the fans like it."

go read the comment on the video then xD. And people do wonder why this industry cant be taken seriously.

Frankly it's stupid. I hope they realize that. This includes hyping up that PS1 Snake skin.

Yes. It was embarrassing also. Does Kojima not remember the MGS4 mission where
Solid Snake goes back to Shadow Moses?

I think we all just want the game [both GZ and TPP] as soon as possible.

I really hope The Phantom Pain has at least a decent narrative with minimal emphasis on goofy nonsense and preachy, inept symbolism. Kojima needs to capitalize on captivating us with drama and excitement - not throwing out military terms every third line and talking about history as if it's sole purpose is to give the narrative a heart-string to strum.

Lewd.

I think it's because, when you look at sales, Metal Gear fans are mostly on PlayStation. Even when XBox got Substance, PS2 for it later with more content. Just don't be shocked when people want to get this on PS consoles and aren't getting all the content and complain. The whole reveal has been a little bit grating to people in how it's been handled in some cases - from Moby Dick Studios (what happened to that thing?), to Sutherland/Hayter Switcheroo, to the complete misunderstanding of the games being split, but not split, but split, to the gameplay that is shown, to the sheer confusion over the product.

I'm more offended at two sets of different exclusive content, if I'm honest. Make the content available to all.

Vizzeh

Banned
None of those features for either consoles is a GAME SELLER for me.

I will buy the version that runs better, looks better and runs at hopefully the higher resolution.

ZeroX03

Banned
Lewd.

Don't get me wrong, I still love you guys. Just not a fan of exclusive content for consoles. I HOPE it's a timed exclusive.

Any news on MGR for PC?

teknix

Neo Member
Lewd.

If Hayter is secretly coming back, give us a subtle hint by using the words "and" or "the" in your next reply.

Don't keep us waiting...huh?

Don't get me wrong, I still love you guys. Just not a fan of exclusive content for consoles. I HOPE it's a timed exclusive.

Any news on MGR for PC?

I posted on the MGR PC thread a bunch. It's coming. We just can't say how long or comment at all on the development. Yay!

Lewd.

Haha, I don't envy you.

However, unless we're missing something about the PS1 Snake content, the Raiden stuff looks like it actually includes new gameplay mechanics. That's hardly even.

Give Playstation fans PS1 Cyborg Ninja/Gray Fox, and then you guys would get significantly less hate mail. :)

Lewd.

Its still not late to give Snake a high-res MGS1 face available in MGS4. That may even things... :(

kogasu

Aww, exclusive content sucks, especially since I'd like to get this game on Playstation. That Raiden mission looks so kick ass. Hopefully, the exclusive content will eventually come to both platforms at some point.

Lewd.

I'm one of the people who don't think it's a huge deal but to be fair, didn't it cross your minds before the reveal that people would react exactly like this?

I mean, the MGS1 skin/mission was pretty badly received, while Cyborg Raiden x Snatchers looks actually cool, if superfluous.

Top Bottom