• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 on XBOX360? EGM Rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LukeSmith

neojubei said:
People buying their Wii and PS3 might buy EGM if maybe their system of choice or both were on the cover and a story about the launch. Worked for 360, PS2, Dreamcast, Xbox, etc.

I guess the money EGM would get from potential people buying a Wii and Ps3 is less than what they got from microsoft moneyhats.

When I buy my Wii and PS3, i will pass on EGM, for good, and buy PSM and nintendo power or even game informer.

You really have no idea how the video game industry or Sony and Nintendo's PR teams work, do you?

Obviously not.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
sillymonkey321 said:
Okay, reality check, EGM doesn't have any reviews for PS3 games, and two for Wii sooooooooooo why put the system on the cover OVER an exclusive Halo 3 story when they have no reviews? Previews of the same games you've seen AGAIN vs. brand new stuff on Halo 3? Hmmmmmm tough call. :lol

Launch guides and huge story on the launches. Remember the one they did for the xbox 360 last year? Oh how easy it is to forget.

Ryck

neojubei said:
Launch guides and huge story on the launches. Remember the one they did for the xbox 360 last year? Oh how easy it is to forget.
You do realize that the magazines are at the mercy of the companies ( Sony, Nintendo, MS) for review games and systems right?

skip

neojubei said:

PS3 VS WII

HOW DO THEY COMPARE?

WE BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU

LukeSmith

SantaC said:
I am wondering why Gears of War isn't reviewed though.

Monkeyball + DBZ

Because Microsoft has someone else doing the exclusive review and review code goes out this week to online press and there's an event early this week for long lead press?

You guys over speculate and think too much. First some inbred calls Moneyhat because of a Halo cover and now wondering why Gears isn't reviewed? Ask Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo PR why they do things a certain way. Ask Sony why the media doesn't have PS3's yet? IGN doesn't despite that thread you saw a week ago, that was pictures from IGN europe taken when Sony brought the PS3 by their office -- that PS3 isn't in IGN UK's office now, it's back at SCEE where it will sit for another 7 months until PS3 launches there.

Really, you guys are absurd and retarded sometimes.

neojubei

Doom_Bringer said:
jubei the n00b lol. I met a guy on BF1942 with that name (Jubei). I always call Jubei the n00b :lol

love pissing off that guy

never played war games or EA games.

neojubei

skip said:
PS3 VS WII

HOW DO THEY COMPARE?

WE BREAK IT DOWN FOR YOU

Yea with halo 3 on the cover. EGM sold out, just admit it. I hope you at least got your share of the money.

Ryck

neojubei said:
Yea with halo 3 on the cover. EGM sold out, just admit it. I hope you at least got your share of the money.
Your downward spiral from random idiot to raving fanboy was a quick one, good job!

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Scoot said:
Because Microsoft has someone else doing the exclusive review and review code goes out this week to online press and there's an event early this week for long lead press?

You guys over speculate and think too much. First some inbred calls Moneyhat because of a Halo cover and now wondering why Gears isn't reviewed? Ask Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo PR why they do things a certain way. Ask Sony why the media doesn't have PS3's yet? IGN doesn't despite that thread you saw a week ago, that was pictures from IGN europe taken when Sony brought the PS3 by their office -- that PS3 isn't in IGN UK's office now, it's back at SCEE where it will sit for another 7 months until PS3 launches there.

:lol Welcome to the frustrating world of a Gaffer actually in the games industry.

Also, and I say again, not gonna happen.

acksman

Doom_Bringer said:
I don't think Kojima runs the shots at Konami just like Itagki doesn't run shots at Tecmo. Business wise it makes perfect sense to put it on 360 since the userbase is already established in Europe and NA. The game has a big budget and they want to maximize profits...

This is so true. Its just to expensive to make these games now and not get it out to the most user base possible. Your already seeing it with HD-DVD/BluRay movies crossing just so no profit is lost.

Halo 3 is MS loss leader. If MS is going to fund a Halo movie, they will do anything possible to get 360's into your house.

hyp

Scoot said:

classic luke pwnage right there.

Dante

Scoot said:

:D Oh come on,how could you expect anything but speculation and over reaction in a thread titled: MGS4 on XBOX360? EGM Rumor, especially here.

Casshern

Banned
How are EGM and 1up related? Because there's no doubt on my mind that 1up has turned into an xbox fansite and not because of "moneyhats" but because many editors are xbox fanboys. Hell they made it even worse by hiring Luke smith a former k0taku :)lol) editor. That says a lot. No offense to Luke but he's transparent as hell.

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
chespace said:
:lol Welcome to the frustrating world of a Gaffer actually in the games industry.

I don't know, I feel pretty good. It might be the way you put things that makes it frustrating. And hey, not only for you btw.

P90

chespace said:

You work for MS now, right? What have you heard?

skip

Casshern said:
How are EGM and 1up related? Because there's no doubt on my mind that 1up has turned into an xbox fansite and not because of "moneyhats" but because many editors are xbox fanboys. Hell they made it even worse by hiring Luke smith a former k0taku :)lol) editor. That says a lot. No offense to Luke but he's transparent as hell.

you should try and run this line over at teamxbox.

report back with your findings!

Angelcurio

Two system launches in a single month and yet the magazine cover is dedicated to a game that is almost a year away from release? looks like massive moneyhats where visiting egm offices.

neojubei

Ryck said:
Your downward spiral from random idiot to raving fanboy was a quick one, good job!

Neither. What if MGS4 had the cover story last year in Nov in the same month Xbox 360 launched, then in small letters, xbox 360 launch guide.

At this point, I guess it does not matter anymore. I still have all my EGM launch guide issues when I bought my xbox 360, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, etc. This is an interesting deviation from that especially from a competitor game. Hopefully other magazines have a launch guide.

I just think it is very suspicious when 2 major consoles launching the main story is a game that isnt going even played in a long long while. Basically this is a marketing move by microsoft to downplay the launch of the Ps3 and Wii.

Halo3 also on the PS3.

Imagine the online Halo war.

The Play beyond community vs. the X360 Live community.

Fanboy Wars confirmed.

Next Gen. has arrived.

:D

Angelcurio said:
Two system launches in a single month and yet the magazine cover is dedicated to a game that is almost a year away from release? looks like massive moneyhats where visiting egm offices.
That reminds me, wasn't there a Phantasy Star Universe cover like almost 2 years ago? And thats not even that big a game.

AniHawk

Angelcurio said:

I agree. I for one am not renewing my free subscription that runs out sometime in 2009.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
It's simply a rumor that Konami higher-ups are pressuring Kojima Productions to consider making MGS4 a multiplatform game because production costs on the game are unsurprisingly high and only getting higher. With PS3 install base numbers not looking all that rosy due to console cost and manufacturing problems, Konami is scared they can't recoup their investment on only 1 platform alone.

It's also a nice way to maybe blackmail Sony into giving Konami an incentive to keeping the game a PS3 exclusive, imo.

Whatever the case, I highly doubt it's going to happen so quit building yourself a disappointing kiloton bomb.

Dahbomb

Angelcurio said:
More like smart move by EGM since every other magazine will be covering the launch for the 2 consoles, they can get in extra sales for the 360/Halo fans out there who will not be getting either PS3/Wii. If you got a big exclusive, then why not use it?

elostyle

Never forget! I'm Dumb!
P90 said:
You work for MS now, right? What have you heard?
No one knows and he's not going to tell. We can't tell if he has knowledge or just randomly making a prediction. Still, it already has killed the discussion. No wonder it's frustrating.

chespace said:
It's simply a rumor that Konami higher-ups are pressuring Kojima Productions to consider making MGS4 a multiplatform game because production costs on the game are unsurprisingly high and only getting higher. With PS3 install base numbers not looking all that rosy due to console cost and manufacturing problems, Konami is scared they can't recoup their investment on only 1 platform alone.

It's also a nice way to maybe blackmail Sony into giving Konami an incentive to keeping the game a PS3 exclusive, imo.

Whatever the case, I highly doubt it's going to happen so quit building yourself a disappointing kiloton bomb.
Well, there you have it.

GreekWolf

Casshern said:
Might be the silliest thing I've read on teh interwebs.

You have goofs like Shane running down the 360 on almost every podcast, and even pumping his fist back at TGS with the "xbox am cry" and "SDF for the win" warchants.

Maybe if the entire crew were as rabid as Mr. Bettenhausen, then you'd consider 1up to be fair and balanced journalism :lol

Odysseus

Banned
neojubei said:
I just think it is very suspicious when 2 major consoles launching the main story is a game that isnt going even played in a long long while. Basically this is a marketing move by microsoft to downplay the launch of the Ps3 and Wii.

Of course it's a marketing move by Microsoft. But that doesn't mean EGM or anybody else sold out. In case you haven't heard, Halo is a big deal. $125 million in sales in one day, highest ever in entertainment, and all that. You get to play Halo, you get to write about playing Halo, you just might put it on the cover of your magazine.

chespace said:

thanks for the info che :D

I knew that was the case. Either Sony will give the money hats or MGS4 will be announced for 360 soon

neojubei

Odysseus said:
Of course it's a marketing move by Microsoft. But that doesn't mean EGM or anybody else sold out. In case you haven't heard, Halo is a big deal. $125 million in sales in one day, highest ever in entertainment, and all that. You get to play Halo, you get to write about playing Halo, you just might put it on the cover of your magazine.

Yea because people buying Wii and Ps3s will be thinking about Halo 3. ok right.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There is literally no way to tell what this thread is about without reading the headline. I forgot what it was about.

chespace said:
With PS3 install base numbers not looking all that rosy due to console cost and manufacturing problems, Konami is scared they can't recoup their investment on only 1 platform alone.

I don't really buy that. If it was a launch game, yeah. But the game is set to release when, late next year? The install numbers should be pretty "rosy" by then.

BigBoss

Doom_Bringer said:
thanks for the info che :D

I knew that was the case. Either Sony will give the money hats or MGS4 will be announced for 360 soon

Or Kojima refuses Konami's request to port the game.

Odysseus

Banned
neojubei said:
Yea because people buying Wii and Ps3s will be thinking about Halo 3. ok right.

I wasn't aware the entire issue was devoted to Halo 3 nor was I aware that launch buyers of PS3 and Wii were the only people to read EGM. Thanks for the clarification, though.

Safe Bet

Banned
Scoot said:
bartox3.jpg

:p

neojubei

Odysseus said:
I wasn't aware the entire issue was devoted to Halo 3 nor was I aware that launch buyers of PS3 and Wii were the only people to read EGM. Thanks for the clarification, though.

Well some people buying either or both systems in a gaming store like EB might at chance pick up EGM if it had a huge story on the console they are buying. I know sounds stupid, right? EGM usually has a pretty good launch guide, but now, I guess they don't think PS3 and Wii launching isnt that important to video games.

Liquid

Banned
:lol :lol :lol what kinda cover is that? whats with the question marks? :lol they may have well have done this!

wtf.jpg

SantaC

Well Capcom has supported the 360 really good so far this gen, so I guess Konami might follow in the footsteps go more multiplatform as well. Not that I believe that 360 will get MGS4.

Casshern

Banned
GreekWolf said:
Might be the silliest thing I've read on teh interwebs.

You have goofs like Shane running down the 360 on almost every podcast, and even pumping his fist back at TGS with the "xbox am cry" and "SDF for the win" warchants.

Maybe if the entire crew were as rabid as Mr. Bettenhausen, then you'd consider 1up to be fair and balanced journalism :lol

The xbots are many in 1up Shane is one person and he's mocked all the time there. Sometimes I think that the only reason they hired Shane was to have a Sony fan to proove wrong and make fun of.

Owzers

Casshern said:
The xbots are many in 1up Shane is one person and he's mocked all the time there. Sometimes I think that the only reason they hired Shane was to have a Sony fan to proove wrong and make fun of.

/headexplodes. Poor Shane, always getting picked on just because he defends the good guys. :lol

Xenon

MGS4 will be released as a PS3 exclusive. But, if the installed base of the 360 is close to or greater than the PS3, a port to the 360 would probably happen quicker than they have done with the PS2/Xbox.

Maybe they'll do what other companies have done and add extra content. This will allow them to double dip on those who own both.

People saying this will NEVER happen are talking out of their ass-umptions. No one knows how this is all going to play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom