• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS4 review - Swedish LEVEL #26 (NO SPOILERS!)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
MGS4: 10 "Metal Gear Solid 4 is Hideo Kojimas best and most touching game ever.
Haze: 4
Boom Blox: 9
FFVII: Crisis Core: 8
GRID: 7
Iron Man: 2
Pool Party: 5
LEGO Indiana Jones: 7
Echocrome: 7

If anyone want any details on any review except the MGS4 one (don't wanna be spoiled), I'm willing to translate.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Kyoufu said:
Those review scores are actually very credible. Faith being restored into humanity.
Yeah, LEVEL is pretty awesome.

I'm off to play some God Hand (except a LTTP-thread soon), I'll give details to anyone who wants it when I come back :)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Costanza said:
il8wtz.jpg

I hope the amount of plot development is somewhat more proportional to the gameplay this time around. That said, the reviewer pretty much likes everything so a 10 isn't entirely unexpected.

Yoboman

I know the Level reviewer had this to say

after 3 hours of playing, which was still a long way from finishing the game, but what I had played till that point already convinced me: Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best action game I have ever played, and can be considered an instant classic. There is no game at all that comes close to its quality.

GeNoMe

For fuck's sake man!

where is my time machine scientist people!?!
I need this game so bad, i'm like a MGS junkie who needs his fix!

Yoboman

sykoex said:
Wow, I think I'm starting to believe that "better than Halo 3 and Gears" quote.
Why wouldn't you believe that? There was nothing too special about either of those games' singleplayer

Salazar

Seiken said:
If anyone want any details on any review except the MGS4 one (don't wanna be spoiled), I'm willing to translate.

Well, I'm interested in whether or not Indy Lego is worth my time / money. I think I know pretty much exactly what I'd be getting if I did pick it up, but some opinionated info would go down nicely.

Darkpen

Banned
those look like the most accurate review scores I've ever seen, though Lego Indy is curious. Negative points for ambiguous evil organization?

but lol, "touching." I can see how MGS can be touching, certainly.

New gameplay/feature reveals that we haven't heard about before available in the review? The wait is starting to become unbearable. I've been waiting for this game to come ever since they announced it at E3 and the fact that it's coming out in less than a month is almost surreal.

;_;

Pakman

Yoboman said:
Why wouldn't you believe that? There was nothing too special about either of those games' singleplayer

Yeah I don't know why people think that whole statement is difficult to believe. And I'm a big 360 fan. Though it ultimately comes down to personal taste and what you have/haven't played.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
after 3 hours of playing, which was still a long way from finishing the game, but what I had played till that point already convinced me: Metal Gear Solid 4 is the best action game I have ever played, and can be considered an instant classic. There is no game at all that comes close to its quality.

What the hell? How in the world can you honestly make a review of a game like Metal Gear Solid after just 3 hours?

Credibility -1.

Plinko said:
What the hell? How in the world can you honestly make a review of a game like Metal Gear Solid after just 3 hours?

Credibility -1.

Read that again. He said even after just 3 hours it's clear how good the game is.

GeNoMe

BlockBastard said:
New gameplay/feature reveals that we haven't heard about before available in the review? The wait is starting to become unbearable. I've been waiting for this game to come ever since they announced it at E3 and the fact that it's coming out in less than a month is almost surreal.

;_;

I'm having the exact same feeling!
I can't believe it's almost here! the wait kind of vanished, but now it's back...and it's terrorizing the shit out of me!

SolidSnakex said:
Read that again. He said even after just 3 hours it's clear how good the game is.

I think he was joking. At least I hope he was.

I'm having the exact same feeling!
I can't believe it's almost here! the wait kind of vanished, but now it's back...and it's terrorizing the shit out of me!

Yeah, when it was 2 years away, it was pretty damn easy to distract yourself with other shit. Now that it's almost here, I find myself thinking about the game way too much. Time has slowed down to a crawl for me and GTA IV did nothing alleviate the torment. :<

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
SolidSnakex said:

Got it--I read the first part as "I'm only 3 hours in."

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
BlazingDarkness said:
well done for being stupid/ sorry, im not normally a twat :(
It's okay, I think we all get a little on edge with the release of each MGS4 review score. :lol

Anyway, just out of curiousity what's on the cover of this issue of LEVEL? I know they're the magazine that had that amazing Mega Man cover art.

Ceb

Yoboman said:
I know the Level reviewer had this to say

Slightly inaccurate (edited for PCness?)

Only three hours of the game have passed when
Solid Snake wakes up in his home base at Otacon's
, but MGS4 has already surpassed everything else I've played in the action genre. It's so far ahead of its competition that its competitors seem downright pathetic - regardless if they're called Gears of War, Splinter Cell or Halo 3.

Should I highlight that? I've seen every piece of media released, but I wanna make sure anyway.

It's so far ahead of its competition that its competitors seem downright pathetic - regardless if they're called Gears of War, Splinter Cell or Halo 3.

Wait what. Do they really say that?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
BlockBastard said:
Should I highlight that? I've seen every piece of media released, but I wanna make sure anyway.
I highlighted it and I'm kinda pissed I did. >:|

Plinko

BlazingDarkness said:
well done for being stupid/ sorry, im not normally a twat :(

Overreact much?

I made a mistake and then clarified my mistake. Get over it.

Top Bottom