• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

shandy706

As I said in another thread...

I'll be too busy with Forza 6 on the 10th to give MGSV the attention it needs. If anyone wants it shipped to them in the US, I think I could just have it delivered straight to you from Amazon. I suppose I could also ship to a forwarding company too if outside the US.

I have Prime so it should arrive on release.

It's the Xbox One CE. Just PM me an offer higher than $100 but less than $140. PayPal gift and it's yours.

I plan on canceling it in a few days hours otherwise.

FcQkvnn.png

Don't... breathe...

Is that Best Buy? MY GOD.

sjay1994

Just got this from Amazon.ca

I am writing to followup on our recent chat conversation.

I can understand your concern regarding this issue.

In this case, please don't be concern regarding the email which you receive regarding this order

I checked notice that, this item is not in stock with Amazon suppliers to ship it soon.but we won't cancel this order.

Based on the information that we have received from the supplier, we currently expect to be able to ship your order to you by September 14 - September 21, 2015.

Please note that, the above estimated date is maximum time that we have received from our suppliers. However, I can assure that we are working hard to obtain this item from our suppliers for you. As soon as we received the item from our suppliers, we will ship it at first priority to your address.

On the date of shipment, we'll send you an e-mail confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

I hope this information helps for you.

... I think I am going to pick up a regular edition and sell it when my CE ships.

I have waited way to long for this game.

Axial

No shit, in some parts of the world they don't even sell normal physical retail copies of the PC version because Konami is too greedy. The official distributor for KONAMI games in Poland, which btw is CD-Projekt, didn't get any copies of the game, neither digital or physical, because KONAMI's prices for our region were too steep. Newly released titles for the PC cost around 140pln, that's roughly 30 euro, but according to CD-Projekt they'd have to charge customers up to 250pln(around 60 euro) if it were for KONAMI. Some polish retailers went so far as to order batches of physical copies in other retailers within the EU but most have been sold out within a day. Shit is fucked, don't know where to get my copy (╥﹏╥)

SJRB

Gold Member
Read reports today that the Dutch retailer Nedgame canceled PS4 pre-orders for the Collector's Edition.

Anth0ny

luckily the CE looks like junk, so I couldn't care less. couldn't even include the shinkawa steelbook. sucks for everyone that pre-ordered, though.

SJRB

Gold Member
luckily the CE looks like junk, so I couldn't care less. couldn't even include the shinkawa steelbook. sucks for everyone that pre-ordered, though.

I just saw an unboxing video and I'm actually extremely disappointed to see that it doesn't have the Shinkawa steelbook. I mean, what the fuck, I don't want a Ground Zeroes steelbook, why the fuck would I want that?

I'm actually pretty angry [as silly as that may sound].

aradikus

The CE comes with the standard version of the game. If you can afford it, just buy one of those and use your receipt to return the one that comes in the CE to get your money back.

Here's the unboxing video that shows it comes with a copy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep8lMiu0k2o

I noticed in that video though that there's no DAY ONE banner on the CE boxart! Which I am very happy to see by the way, but it may put a wrinkle in your propsed plan depending on how observant a customer service clerk is...

aradikus

I just saw an unboxing video and I'm actually extremely disappointed to see that it doesn't have the Shinkawa steelbook. I mean, what the fuck, I don't want a Ground Zeroes steelbook, why the fuck would I want that?

I'm actually pretty angry [as silly as that may sound].

Did you know it has GZ art on the front and TPP art on the back? I was really hoping that it would be able to hold 2 discs, for both GZ & TPP but in the unboxing video you can see that it doesn't. BUT the X-ray artwork inside is really cool.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Anyone heard from Best Buy yet? I have the CE preordered from there and I haven't even heard about it shipping out yet.
No... I'm concerned too, it's still stuck on "processing". Shouldn't it be ready to ship out by now? Or close?

On Demand

Banned
I noticed in that video though that there's no DAY ONE banner on the CE boxart! Which I am very happy to see by the way, but it may put a wrinkle in your propsed plan depending on how observant a customer service clerk is...

I hate those banners. Good the CE's don't have it. It annoyed me on Type O box.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Between the uncertainty of even getting the ce shipped and the possible lack of day one stuff I'm almost tempted to go get that and sell back the regular edition copy.
That said is there any actual certainty that the day one dlc and map stuff isn't contained in the ce. I know it's said to be in there but even in the video the game case isn't opened and who knows if it would be in the ce box as a slip of some sort.
Anyone know anything in regards to the dlc stuff help me

I just cancelled my CE order and replaced it with a standard game. As much as I love Metal Gear, I just didn't feel right paying $40 extra for a steel book and a plastic baby hand. Hopefully it helps increase someone's odds at getting one.

Between the uncertainty of even getting the ce shipped and the possible lack of day one stuff I'm almost tempted to go get that and sell back the regular edition copy.
That said is there any actual certainty that the day one dlc and map stuff isn't contained in the ce. I know it's said to be in there but even in the video the game case isn't opened and who knows if it would be in the ce box as a slip of some sort.
Anyone know anything in regards to the dlc stuff help me

Wut the hell?

Im just going off these posts:

One guy is reporting that the CE doesn't have the DLC codes.

Out of curiosity, are they saying they didn't get the codes for the day 1 content stuff, or are they saying they didn't get any codes period, including the stuff that was exclusive to the CE, like the Rex mask?

No codes period. Dude who did the unboxing is in Chile, but says the CE is US version so I have no idea what is going on.

//ARCANUM

The problem is that there's supposed to be codes in there but the word is CEs are missing all codes, both for the regular day one stuff and the CE exclusive content

Where have you seen this mentioned? That would *SUCK*. How could they screw up that bad? Oh right....
Konami.

edit - nvm, post above me.

Caja 117

Looks like Amazon. That's how mine is, below it it says they're preparing the order, so there's some hope.

still Sep 1 release for my Amazon order.

Do not fuck me, Amazon US.

Mine from Amazon in the US says arriving Tuesday Sep 1. Hopefully it does.
Im in the same boat, did you guys placed the preorder the same day the CE was available? hopefully, that counts for something.

junker

This kind of sucks. As some others have said, watching that unboxing video made change my mind about the CE. I cancelled my Best Buy pre-order and bought the UK Shinkawa steelbook instead, and will pick up a vanilla Day One copy on Tues.

MGS is the only series that I'll ever buy multiple copies of, I'm embarrassed to say!

//ARCANUM

Missing codes!? I thought the CE was part of the Day one. :x
I need that dlc stuff.

It's quickly looking more and more like THIS is the primary issue with the CE. No codes included at all. No day 1, no CE codes either. This is a major major major screw up if it ends up as widespread as it is currently looking.

Top Bottom