• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

It looks like several people who ordered the MGSV CE on Amazon.ca have had their delivery date removed for their shipments. Someone who spoke to customer service was told they are trying to obtain more stock from the supplier.

This was discussed in the Canadian Gaming thread but I figured it's a big enough deal to warrant a thread since many people who use Amazon may not check in there. I'd recommend anyone who ordered through Amazon.ca and maybe Amazon.com check their order status and see what it says

Update 7(October 10)

MGO DLC issues should now be resolved for PS4 CE owners

Based Konami

Update:

@Konami

Alert: MGSV:TPP CE PlayStation Owners - Go to the PlayStation Store, the MGO items are now available and your Exp boost is with the Rex head

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...=UP0101-CUSA01140_00-MAINGAME00000000:ADD-ONS

Update 6 (October 9):

MGO is out and people don't have their CE DLC.

Fuck Konami etc. They say they are "working on it"

UdGvsO9.png

Update 5:

The codes Best Buy are sending out contain ALL DLC, both the CE content and the Day 1 stuff. No word on other retailers like Amazon yet

Just got dlc email from Best Buy about 25 minutes ago and can confirm that it has all the dlc.

Update 4:

Official statement on missing DLC codes (PS4 CE)

Official notice from the Facebook page:

Notice to all customers purchasing the PS4 Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain:
Please be aware, the PS4 Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain code for DLC was not included within the physical package during manufacturing. This issue does not affect the Day One Edition product or any other platforms. All customers who purchase the PS4 Collector's Edition through the following retailers will automatically receive the DLC codes at the time of purchase on receipt or via email: Amazon, Best Buy, GameStop, Target, Toys R Us, Walmart, EB Games, Game Planet. For all other customers, voucher codes may be obtained by contacting KONAMI customer support at https://konami.parature.com/ics/supp...tnewwizard.asp with proof of purchase.

Update 3:

There may be a manufacturing defect involving the Diamond Dogs lock on the CE case. It likely does not affect every order

It's also a manufactoring problem. the diamond dog lock is missing.

11865038_1168141506533695_6392314885130523588_o.png

Update 2:

The CE may be missing ALL codes (both day 1 edition and CE exclusive)

Someone opened a US edition of the CE and found no codes within

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgears...whats_going_on_with_the_missing_codes_in_the/

Unknown if this is related to the stock and shipping delays.

Edit: it appears the codes will be sent to retailers and forwarded to the consumer rather than found in the box:

OK. So we made the unboxing of the Collector's Edition on YouTube yesterday and we noticed they didn't have DLC codes anywhere.

We talked to Konami and they gave us an answer: because of an error on the process, PS4 editions don't have DLC codes on the box. Xbox One editions have them.

Next week, Konami will send us the DLC codes for giving them to our clients. I suppose this will happen on every retailer.

So... GREAT NEWS. :)

Update 1:

It appears Best Buy. Gamestop and Target may also have issues (in the US), as well as other retailers

There've been multiple topics about issues in europe with various retailers too.

Seems like it's a more wide ranged problem than Amazon.ca

On the phone with GameStop (after being in hold for 35 min.)—they eluded to shortages as well.

A lot of stores have stock isseues with the ce.
I had it preordered at a local Videogame Retailer, but he informed me that the CE will arrive earliest Thursday next week, so i cancelled.

Any issues with Target.com? I was already dreading how long it'd take for them to ship but now shortages have me worried.

Edit: Fuck, estimated delivery is: 09/03/2015-09/09/2015

Im convinced EVERYBODY has stock issues. Theres been people complaining on Best Buy that they were back ordered on CE Pre-Orders. Fuck that.

Im ordering myself a regular edition and wait for my Best Buy CE to come eventually. I am playing this on FUCKING TUESDAY! YOU HEAR ME KONAMI!?

From the Canadian Gaming thread :

hmm, just got an update email on my phantom pain limited edition from amazon saying that they "are still trying to obtain the item" anybody else get this? Earlier today the delivery date was estimated to be on the 4th.

Yup, I'm in the exact same boat. Going to try Amazon's live chat in a couple minutes because I'm PISSED.

March 9 as well. FYI, the guy on the Live Chat is not being helpful at all. He just says that they're requesting more stock from the supplier. He upgraded my shipping from "Free" to "Standard", which I told him does nothing for me if I don't get the product.

I also told him I would've preordered during the e3 sale if I had known that I wasn't going to get my product, so now I'm stuck with a "maybe" preorder and no savings. He hasn't responded yet.

I have the same issue and ordered ASAP when the page went up on 3/9.

mgsvce6kqee.png

I dunno. Mine has no estimated delivery date anymore (it used to say Sept 4))

CMj73FtVEAArDQe.jpg:large

If yours does have a delivery date I assume you are ok

Yeah, I got one too. I'm fucking pissed.

Ridley327

A similar thing happened with the MGS HD Collection CE. They wound up having to stagger shipments throughout the week, but customers did wind up getting them.

A similar thing happened with the MGS HD Collection CE. They wound up having to stagger shipments throughout the week, but customers did wind up getting them.

It's just frustrating because I have contacted them 5 times over the past 2 months with regards to my order, saying I was concerned with the stock because in past when my order status looked like this it ended up being delayed, but they assured me every time I would absolutely have it for release day. Then the week before launch they finally admit to supply issues

It's just frustrating because I have contacted them 5 times over the past 2 months with regards to my order, saying I was concerned with the stock because in past when my order status looked like this it ended up being delayed, but they assured me every time I would absolutely have it for release day. Then the week before launch they finally admit to supply issues

That's something a regular CS rep would be completely oblivious to. They aren't going to be privy to that level of detail of stock info. It could also be a problem with the distributor/publisher meeting their agreed upon level of inventory on day 1.

That's something a regular CS rep would be completely oblivious to. They aren't going to be privy to that level of detail of stock info. It could also be a problem with the distributor/publisher meeting their agreed upon level of inventory on day 1.

Then they should say they don't have the information, rather than guaranteeing something they have no control over.

And I agree it's not necessarily Amazon's fault.

BTails

My quotes are in the OP, but just to give an update, I ended up talking to a supervisor who could not confirm whether they would receive stock or not.

BTails

As in they might not receive stock at all? The fuck Konami

Directly from my chat:

10:35 AM PDT Btails: Both you and the previous person I talked to have not answered ANY of my questions. If you are unable to do so, please just tell me, instead of giving me canned responses.
10:36 AM PDT Supervisor: I'm so sorry, we do not have any information about the stock of this item from our suppliers yet. Once we have updated information, we'll let you know about it.

Gaffi

Man I was afraid of this... I still have mine through the US store luckily. It's been saying scheduled arrival of Sept 1st all this week. I'll be watching it like a hawk now. If anyone on the US side gets canceled, please let everyone know.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
Mine still seems to be ok. Meanwhile I was already worried as I ordered from .com to ship to Canada and it still hasn't shipped yet.

I'll be pretty bummed out if this turns out to be the case. I already mentioned this in the other thread, but I just cancelled my ebgames.ca pre-order just before this whole problem came to light, and I had already paid off my amazon.ca order.

I really don't care if I get it late, at this point, I just would like to get the CE.

Kamina

Golden Boy
A lot of stores have stock isseues with the ce.
I had it preordered at a local Videogame Retailer, but he informed me that the CE will arrive earliest Thursday next week, so i cancelled.

wiibomb

mine from amazon.com still says it's being delivered for tuesday.. I really hope it get there on time

also.. what's up with all these problems with the CE? seems to be a problem with US and EU orders

Just talked with a .ca rep.

They said they won't be able to ship until the 14th-21st of September

don't trust too much amazon CS, they usually tell lies just to get rid of an unknown issue

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
mine from amazon.com still says it's being delivered for tuesday.. I really hope it get there on time

also.. what's up with all these problems with the CE? seems to be a problem with US and EU orders

One guy is reporting that the CE doesn't have the DLC codes.

Ridley327

One guy is reporting that the CE doesn't have the DLC codes.

Out of curiosity, are they saying they didn't get the codes for the day 1 content stuff, or are they saying they didn't get any codes period, including the stuff that was exclusive to the CE, like the Rex mask?

Whompa02

is there any collectors edition even available for the states? I wanted something nice for the final Kojima sendoff. :(

KevinG

Keeping an eye on this thread to seen if any Amazon.com orders are effected.

Haven't completely decided if I'm keeping me CE order, but Amazon might make it easy for me.

wiibomb

Out of curiosity, are they saying they didn't get the codes for the day 1 content stuff, or are they saying they didn't get any codes period, including the stuff that was exclusive to the CE, like the Rex mask?

apparently no codes at all.. even the cover of the game came with no "Day One Edition" or anything..

also worth noting that this is coming from a unboxing video from a retailer in Chile, might be some kind of difference between LA and NA

Yes, there's a US release.

no there isn't.. right now all are sold out

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.

No codes period. Dude who did the unboxing is in Chile, but says the CE is US version so I have no idea what is going on.

Jack cw

apparently no codes at all.. even the cover of the game came with no "Day One Edition" or anything..

also worth noting that this is coming from a unboxing video from a retailer in Chile, might be some kind of difference between LA and NA
Did he open the game box? I remember the unboxing guy from chile left the game sealed.

BTails

Maybe the missing codes issue has held everything up. It still means we won't get our CEs next week though.

Canucked

I'm not gonna worry for now. I ordered it the hour it went up and it says March now. I'm sure it will sort itself out. Probably just a timing error with shipments.

Gaffi

Mine still seems to be ok. Meanwhile I was already worried as I ordered from .com to ship to Canada and it still hasn't shipped yet.
To be clear, I'm in US and I haven't gotten a shipment confirmation yet from the US site either. Do they guarantee prime delivery dates to Canada? If it says scheduled delivery by 8pm on Sept 1st you're on track with me at least.

hollerphonix

Neo Member
To be clear, I'm in US and I haven't gotten a shipment confirmation yet from the US site either. Do they guarantee prime delivery dates to Canada? If it says scheduled delivery by 8pm on Sept 1st you're on track with me at least.

It says it should be here on the 2nd which is still generally better than what I'd get from .ca for some inexplicable reason. But as mentioned no date change as of yet at least.

Im convinced EVERYBODY has stock issues. Theres been people complaining on Best Buy that they were back ordered on CE Pre-Orders. Fuck that.

Im ordering myself a regular edition and wait for my Best Buy CE to come eventually. I am playing this on FUCKING TUESDAY! YOU HEAR ME KONAMI!?

Yup I'm definitely getting the game Tuesday regardless of what happens with my CE. Will figure that out when the time comes

Savitar

Got the email as well, figured it was one of those things that you get now and then when you place an order super early and months go by. I don't mind if there is a delay, won't play until Christmas at least anyways.

Top Bottom