• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

Reule

Konami and retailers are going to have to send NA PS4 CE owners an MGO Code, it seems. Hopefully that's being looked into.

taizuke

Anybody that order through Gamestop get their code? Just received the package and no code inside... no email or anything.

I did get the email with the code from Gamestop for the CE but my order was from Gamestop online. However, i only got 16 items. No MGO stuff.

I've spoke with Amazon CS and they pushed my inquiry off to promotions. So I'm supposed to hear back in a day or two. This whole thing is a Charlie Foxtrot.

Aerocia

Yea it's crap really. The DVD is just a load of praise for Kojima and the arm looks so cheap. For the price they charged they could have at least included the OST.

You feel that way about the original price, but have you seen what the resellers have been charging? $250+ in Canada just lol

Slime

Banned
Yea it's crap really. The DVD is just a load of praise for Kojima and the arm looks so cheap. For the price they charged they could have at least included the OST.

For some reason I was expecting it to be something on the scale of the MGS4 LE doc. Felt more like some cheap promo featurette.

I was a lot happier with the MGS4 and Peace Walker LEs to be honest. Something like an art book or OST would make this thing feel a lot more substantial. I don't mind the arm and I like the box, but the steelbook is a bit tacky and redundant, and the disc is pretty crappy.

Reule

Did anyone receive their package from target yet? Mine was sent out on 8/30, with an estimate of delivery of 9/3. Problem is that ups doesn't recognize the tracking number I was given...

Mine was shipped out on the 26th. I won't know until I get home from work.

Mine was shipped on the 28th with an estimate delivery between the 3rd and the 9th. I'm assuming we'll most likely get our CEs tomorrow at the earliest.

UPDATE. My Target order was on my doorstep when I got home. Looks like it might have been delivered by the post office since it has a USPS indication on the label. Haven't opened it yet to check for damage but I assume it's good and glad it's here!

UPDATE #2. Box is in perfect condition.

RootCause

Has anyone's order from Amazon not even shipped yet?
Never received a shipping notification, and my order shows as "not shipped", but when I click track package it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow. No idea what's going on. I contacted Amazon regarding the status of my order, and the dlc code. They haven't replied yet. :(

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I got a single code from Target. Don't know what it is yet, though.

Edit: Wait. If it's the group with the Venom Snake emblem, I think that might've been the CE code.

RootCause

Welp, Amazon responded. Out of stock, no date on when I get my order. Horse manure, I might just cancel, and go get the regular edition at the store. I feel defeated. :(

bar mitzvah

Neo Member
Welp, Amazon responded. Out of stock, no date on when I get my order. Horse manure, I might just cancel, and go get the regular edition at the store. I feel defeated. :(

They assured me it would be here on Monday. I preordered this a year ago and have watched its ship date slip twice. They gave me a 20 dollars credit, but this is getting dumb.

RootCause

They assured me it would be here on Monday. I preordered this a year ago and have watched its ship date slip twice. They gave me a 20 dollars credit, but this is getting dumb.
Might just cancel every LE I have with them, no trust in them. What's the point of preordering a game that I'll get weeks after it's been released.

Yea, I'm a little worried about the MGO stuff, I thought the code would at least list the items even if the launch was next month.

I want my Rex hat!

Hasney

Yea, I'm a little worried about the MGO stuff, I thought the code would at least list the items even if the launch was next month.

I want my Rex hat!

Both Europe and Japan have separate codes for the MGO stuff, I can't see why America is like be different. Bug your retailer and Konami until you get it.

Lol people still think mgo3 is happening?

That shit costs money

They already got your money for the game. Why release a add on that is going to cost them tons. This is konami.

ezekial45

Banned
Lol people still think mgo3 is happening?

That shit costs money

They already got your money for the game. Why release a add on that is going to cost them tons. This is konami.

The reason why they pushed it back was because the online infrastructure just wasn't ready. And given that people having a hard enough time as it is just connecting online for the base game, delaying MGO3 was the right move.

The reason why they pushed it back was because the online infrastructure just wasn't ready. And given that people having a hard enough time as it is just connecting online for the base game, delaying MGO3 was the right move.

I honestly think the only thing that was delayed was a cancellation announcement.

Delayed until after a month of sales roll in.

RootCause

End of Wednesday and still no code.

How long should I give it before I contact Amazon?
Go ahead, and contact them.
They didn't even bother to notify that my item had been delayed, oddly enough my order says it's in transit, and on time for delivery. What a joke. Three years of waiting, just to get my order canned.

So the code I got from Amazon when I redeemed it and confirmed it there was nothing to download, is that right?

It's all on disc I think, just check your "my add ons" section and see that they're listed as installed and you should be good

Assuming you're on ps4

For some reason I was expecting it to be something on the scale of the MGS4 LE doc. Felt more like some cheap promo featurette.

I was a lot happier with the MGS4 and Peace Walker LEs to be honest. Something like an art book or OST would make this thing feel a lot more substantial. I don't mind the arm and I like the box, but the steelbook is a bit tacky and redundant, and the disc is pretty crappy.

Thank God that I did not but CE. I was sooo excited for the documentary

I got mine from Amazon, for some reason it came with a rag.

"Leave the rag"

The-Simpsons-Season-7-Episode-12-7-5503.jpg

Guess my amazon CE order doesn't come in until next week. Wtf, ended up buying the game, ill trade it for something when the amazon order arrives. Doesn't even say shipped yet, but they charged my card and haven't sent me code yet. Anyone going through this as well?

Top Bottom