• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

On Demand

Banned
So what's being done about the missing online content from the PS4 CE. Are you guys contacting the retailer you bought it from or Konami?

It crazy how this is another fuck up when they were suppose to fix the first fuck up by emailing us the codes.

Portman

So what's being done about the missing online content from the PS4 CE. Are you guys contacting the retailer you bought it from or Konami?

It crazy how this is another fuck up when they were suppose to fix the first fuck up by emailing us the codes.

I'm curious about this too. Not sure if the consensus is to wait it out until the MGO launch or contact our retailer/Konami to inquire about it.

Not sure what to do either. I guess the mgo codes don't work right now anyway. I was thinking when mgo launches those items will be unlocked for us somehow. But it will most likely be another headache to deal with.

On Demand

Banned
I'm curious about this too. Not sure if the consensus is to wait it out until the MGO launch or contact our retailer/Konami to inquire about it.

I dread contacting anyone about this. You know it's going to be frustration.

Not sure what to do either. I guess the mgo codes don't work right now anyway. I was thinking when mgo launches those items will be unlocked for us somehow. But it will most likely be another headache to deal with.

If this is the case they did a terrible job of letting us know this. Nothing in the email i got from BB says anything about getting another code or online stuff being available on a certain date.

Seeing how this whole thing turned out i don't doubt it's another mistake.

Since this isn't an issue for Xbone CE buyers, the situation needs to be remedied soon.

Has anyone gotten a response from a retailer or Konami yet?

Please wait while your chat is routed to the next available agent.

Serena: Thank you for contacting Konami Customer Support. My name is Serena.

Serena: You have already redeemed the code, correct?

Me: Yes the Collectors Edition code

Me: And recieved all that content, but the metal gear online content didnt unlock

Me: which I was supposed to recieve as well *

Serena: Ok, so the online content will not show up until MGO officially, which will be October 6th.

Serena: releases

Me: So this content will magically appear on my account on october 6th?

Serena: The content will activate on October 6th when MGO releases. There will be no need to activate the code a 2nd time.

Me: My friend with the Xbox one Collectors Edition says the MGO content appears under his account already. So it's different for PS4?

Serena: I'm not sure how the content already appears as it is not available until the release. It should be the same for all consoles.

Me: Exactly my point

Me: I mean the DLC for MGO, not actual MGO

Serena: I do understand that. All of the DLC for MGO is not available until MGO releases.

Serena: So the content that is part of the DLC code should not be showing up until MGO releases.

Me: The DLC for MGO that comes with the collectors edition shows up under his account already, not to download just associated with the account. On mine everything but the MGO content shows up.

Serena: As far as we know, it should not appear until MGO releases. If you would like, you can create a help ticket with us and we can have our team look into this for you.

Me: Multiple PS4 owners I've talked to say the same thing. And Xbox One owners say the same thing as my friend.

Me: Yes please.

Serena: If I can ask you to create a help ticket through our portal so we can look into this for you. I will provide the link to help you get started: https://us-support.konami.com/ics/support/ticketnewwizard.asp?style=classic
Me: Thank you

Serena: We will check with our Metal Gear team and respond to you through the ticket.
Me: Alright. Thank you.
Wait. I just realized we never got the MGO shit...fucking Konami

I just skipped Best Buy and went straight to Konami Chat - will report

So....idk.
I'll report through the ticket area.

MGO dlc has already been uploaded from Konami onto PSN. I'm assuming that everyone with the regular Day 1 version that has redeemed the code on PSN, has the MGO dlc. Luckily, I was able to get a Day 1 MGO dlc voucher from a friend that I'll try out later tonight.

ViolentP

So my order from Walmart.com has arrived. Within the box was a printout with a single code to redeem. Let's see what's on it, shall we?

EDIT: All items included in code.

Since this isn't an issue for Xbone CE buyers, the situation needs to be remedied soon.

Has anyone gotten a response from a retailer or Konami yet?
Right. They need to send us an email to inform us how it's gonna go down. Just let us know if we'll need another code for mgo or not, and if we do, tell us they'll email it to us before or when it launches.

so is this MGO included with Day One/CE automatically? if not, i'll contact Konami about it

Well... they're wrong. The CE DLC contains all of the Day One DLC, or it's supposed to.

Its supposed to. But didnt for PS4. Fucking Konami

So my order from Walmart.com has arrived. Within the box was a printout with a single code to redeem. Let's see what's on it, shall we?

EDIT: All items included in code.

There are 2 separate vouchers: one for the campaign and one for MGO. The campaign code DOES NOT include the MGO dlc. Only the North and South American versions of the CE are missing the vouchers. Every other region includes it in the sealed game case.

There are 2 separate vouchers: one for the campaign and one for MGO. The campaign code DOES NOT include the MGO dlc. Only the North and South American versions of the CE are missing the vouchers. Every other region includes it in the sealed game case.

So we plain didnt GET the code?
So we should be getting two codes and we only got one? Okay.
So even a bigger fuck up.

MrFixIt

Hey fellow canadians missing their codes. It looks like we're going to have an even harder time getting our codes from Amazon. I went through the chat and they basically told me that only .com members are getting their codes. I told them they were incorrect and pointed to the product page. In the next 12 to 24 hours I should be hearing back from the marketing department. I have been told that I will be supplied with my code(s?). I'll report back here once I know more! Good luck everyone!

RootCause

Well... they're wrong. The CE DLC contains all of the Day One DLC, or it's supposed to.
Yeah, tried again, and they said it was a mistake on their end. I should get the code between 24-48 hours. They were very helpful, I'm back on getting my copy tomorrow. *fingers crossed* I can't tell you how many hours I've spent replaying Ground Zeroes. I need it bad.

ViolentP

Good to know, thank you. I've opened a support ticket with Konami.

Amazon.ca is trying to tell people the codes were a promo offer only available through Amazon.com

They dont seem to realize the entire point of a special edition is for things like this and that a manufacturing issue left them out.

From the Canadian Deals thread:

Your gut feeling was right, the rep was feeding me a bunch of bullshit, we'll see what comes of it. Here's the chat log

Amazon: Thanks for the order number.
Just a moment, please.
Thanks so much for your patience and waiting, Nick.

Me: No problem, take all the time you need!

Amazon: I understand your concern that you're inquiring regarding the code, Nick.
However, it seems that code which are offered from Amazon.com website.
However, we do not offer any of the code from our partner website at Amazon.ca.
I'm so sorry if it wasn't clear while placing an order, Nick.

Me: I think your information is incorrect. The codes were supposed ot be included in the box. Due to a manufacturing problem they forgot to include them in the box. They are supposed to supply you guys with the codes and forward them to he customers
It isn't an extra or bonus, it's part of the product

Amazon: Yes, it's the part of the product but the code is supplied only from our partner website at Amazon.com.

Me: So how do i go about getting the code?

Amazon: Since you placed an order from Amazon.ca, we do not offer code from our website.
I'm really so sorry about that.
If you would like to receive the code, you'll need to place an order from Amazon.com website.

Me: I don't understand, it was part of the product and part of what i paid for
as well as it being listed on the product page on amazon.ca

Amazon: I'm really so sorry. We haven't listed any code from our website.
Could you please copy and paste the link of an item detail page where the code was mentioned on our website?

Me: part of the listing states "
Weapon & Shield Pack: Windurger S333 Combat Special Revolver,Adam-ska Special Handgun,Maschinen aktische Pistole 5 Weiss Special Handgun,Rasp Short-Barreled Shotgun Gold,Personal Ballistic Shield (Olive Drab, Silver, White, Gold)
Cardboard Boxes: Cardboard Box (Rocky Terrain), Cardboard Box (All-Purpose Dryland), Cardboard Box (Wetland)
Snake Costumes: Fatigues (Black Ocelot), Fatigues (Gray Urban), Fatigues (Blue Urban), Fatigues (All-Purpose Dryland)"
all of what is listed there is part of that code
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00UFOY...(See full link)
Not only is all that information listed but the page, but everything under "Additional game content" in the product image is what that code gives you

Amazon: I understand your concern.
Okay.
Since you haven't received the part of code, I'll forward it to our Marketing department regarding this issue with an high priority so that they will be happy to send you the code.
Would that be fine for you?

Me: sure, no problem!

Amazon: However, our marketing department will send you a code within 12 to 24 hours.
Would that be fine for you, Nick?
In the meantime, I'll also personally follow up with you and let you know via e-mail once we receive the code from them.

Me: Sure, sounds good to me!

Amazon: Thanks for your understanding.
Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me: Nope, that's everything! Thank you :)

Amazon: It's my pleasure to help you.
Thanks for contacting us.
Take Care.
Bye!!! Nick.

Just an FYI for anyone else who ordered from there.

Subxero

I still haven't gotten my codes from Amazon.com. I submitted a ticket Tuesday night. Got a response telling me to wait til the 4th fir the codes.

After thinking about it I kinda got frustrated. I one starred the CS ticket, resubmitted the request taking the time to explain the situation better. Still nothing.

At this point I'm not expecting anything from Amazon. They are getting really terrible to deal with recently. I'm dreading having to try to do the same with Konami.

It really makes me wish I would have canceled the CE and got the day one from Bestbuy.

I got an email from Best Buy with a code but haven't done anything with it.

Is this going to contain everything/all the content in it for ode that purchased from Best Buy?

BTails

Amazon.ca is trying to tell people the codes were a promo offer only available through Amazon.com

They dont seem to realize the entire point of a special edition is for things like this and that a manufacturing issue left them out.

Amazon.ca is playing us like a damn fiddle...

MGSV is a great game though

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
It's just the headache of missing stuff.
All that was missing in mine was the codes which I got from best buy before the game came out. You didn't buy it for the codes primarily did you? Because that would suck if you did and then didn't get em at all..

ViolentP

So Konami support got back to me and promised that my code which I entered earlier today (day one and ce) included the MGO dlc and will unlocked upon release of MGO.

Ridill

It's just the headache of missing stuff.

Don't let a game stress you out, and hydrate accordingly if you are getting headaches over this :D.

I'm sure it will all get sorted out later on. MGO is not even out yet. Messaging Amazon customer service is going to be fruitless as the only information they have is what is provided by their higher ups, which also are not necessarily the authority when it comes to video games, and their downloadable content. The best route to go through is Konami, twitter or contact their support. Other than that, I'm sure the retailers have their hands tied behind their back.

ViolentP

I never side with support... They usually are wrong. Due any company.

What's the alternative? MGO isn't out for a while. I'm going to utilize this time to enjoy what I have, and worry about the MGO dlc a little further down the line. I'm enjoying the game too much right now to sully it with the worry of Konami's ineptitude.

Top Bottom