• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes releasing Spring 2014 [£30 boxed 360/PS3/DL NG; £20 DL PS3/360]

UPDATE:
I work for Konami (KDE-US) and I can confirm that at this time there are no plans for a retail version of the Xbox One and PS4 SKUs of GROUND ZEROES. That's the official word around the office right now. Also, unsure if Ashlee is affiliated with the company at all, or just a fan (she's no one I know at the UK or US offices).

EDIT: Further messaging regarding the retail versions: "We will announce more details regarding the packaged version of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes at a later date, please stay tuned"
In a press release sent to VG247 today, Kojima said of the ties between both games, “The advanced capabilities of the FOX Engine have allowed me to tell the new story in a new way. There will be a significant difference in what Metal Gear Solid : The Phantom Pain brings to the series, so we want to ease players into the new open world environment and its potential. As such, Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes has been designed to introduce key elements, allowing them to fully benefit from all that the new game will offer.”

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will launch Spring 2014 on PS3 and Xbox 360 as a boxed release at £29.99, while digital versions will cost £19.99., while PS4 and Xbox One digital versions come in at £29.99.

According to the release, Ground Zeroes, “charts a rescue mission as users infiltrate a Cuban prison camp, and sets in motion a series of events that culminate in the stunning plotlines of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.”
Via VG247

Nice, getting the boxed PS4 version. How long will the game be?

edit: lol no PS4 boxed copy, not bothering then. 30 quid for a digital "prologue" is a lot, they'll likely include it with the final game anyway.

new pix

mgsvgz_ss_game_003.jpg

mgsvgz_ss_game_005.jpg

fox_02_20131007.jpg

mgsvgz_ss_demo_003.jpg

and more at

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/11...rice-official-fact-sheet-screnshots-and-more/

Zemm

Why are the PS4/Xbone digital versions so much more? Is this how they are going to increase prices via digital?

Busty

Banned
Hmm.

I'm surprised it's so cheap. Is this some kind of 'GT Prologue' esque edition to the MGS series?

RaikuHebi

Banned
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

Fucking hell some truly exciting news for once.

I have a strong feeling that the main game is going to be next-gen only.

But now I'm caught up as to whether I will get a PS4 just for this prologue...

idlewild_

No boxed next-gen versions? Also seems kind of expensive for a prologue, is there any indication of how large the game is supposed to be?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Damn. I was hoping they're both a single release. This is like playing half of a game and then waiting months to play the other half. :|

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
They don't even bother making the Zone of Enders ish to pack in with the MGS demo anymore...

Selling the next-gen version of like... a limited demo of the full sequel for what I perceive as full retail price is... a little ouch.

I guess this also brings forward my "when I need a PS4 by" timeframe :/

TasTokyo

I thought this was basically a bigger version of Dead Rising 2: Case Zero. I.E. Same game just a different and much smaller map.

If so the price seems extremely high. How different and how much content exactly is there?

RayMaker

Banned
so GZ and PP are two seperate games?

I wonder how long ti takes to complete both of them,

for £30 I want at least 8hrs of gameplay

LeleSocho

Banned
Will go total media blackout until Phantom Pain is out hoping for a combo boxed release of G0s and PP for next gen.

Anteater

I thought the next gen version is the same game (no assets upgrade) but at higher framerate and 1080p, I don't think it should cost $10 more.

Edit: Pics look good.

Top Bottom