• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: Ground Zeroes releasing Spring 2014 [£30 boxed 360/PS3/DL NG; £20 DL PS3/360]

Ateron

More like PS360 version is $10 cheaper. It was normal for PS2 games to be $10 cheaper than PS3 version.

I also don't know why people assume they will give it away for free with MSGV either. Case zero wasn't free. They might include it in the GOTY version but that will be in a few years.

That might have something to do with the change in format. As far as I know, BR discs were more expensive to produce than regular DVD's no? So that made some sense to me, somehow. All I know is that I can get bf4 for ps3 and ps4 at the same price. And Bf4 for ps4 is a much bigger and better experience. They're not taking advantage of that, and it's EA we're talking about.

Was about to shed tears of joy when I saw that a brand new console game would cost 30 pounds for the digital version.

Then it became a demo.....

Kinyou

Interesting. I hope there's just more to it than that one level.
If it's really just a fancy demo I'll buy that thing used for 5€ a month before PP releases

Blader

Because Ground Zeroes is the Tanker Mission with some extra OPs. We paid 40 bucks (Zone of the Enders 1) for the Tanker Mission. I guess Konami figures we'll do it again (which we will). The problem I have is that I now need to buy a PS4 sooner than I wanted to! lol

My point is the Tanker Mission was in the final game too, so Ground Zeroes will likely be the same. That's my line of thinking at least.

Almost definitely. GZ sets up Big Boss' entire story in TPP, they're not going to leave that out of the full game. Plus, you could already in the TGS demo's menu screen that GZ is just the opening mission.

:-/

T7nnKuk.png

t26

That might have something to do with the change in format. As far as I know, BR discs were more expensive to produce than regular DVD's no? So that made some sense to me, somehow. All I know is that I can get bf4 for ps3 and ps4 at the same price. And Bf4 for ps4 is a much bigger and better experience. They're not taking advantage of that, and it's EA we're talking about.

Even Xbox 360 games were $10 more than PS2 games and they are both on DVDs. Even if you are talking about production cost it is too small to be a factor. In 2014 you are going to see the PS360 version being cheaper once PS4/Xbone become more common.

Missing the point.
Don't you see that the ps4 version is 10$ more expensive than the ps3 digital?
What is the reason for this tax, especially considering that they don't need to spend as much with digital distribution?

IF it was a boxed version, I would bite. At least I would have something in my hands, that I could resell if I got tired of it. At least shows some effort on their part.

There's absolutely no reason whatsoever for a one version be more expensive than the other, even considering it's a next gen version. I don't see inflated prices on ps4 games, in comparison to their current gen counterparts. So why is Konami pushing this shit?

EDIT: way too many typos/mistakes. I need to sleep damnit.

I'd prefer a boxed version too, but I disagree with the bold part. Not trying to defend Konami but I think it's fair to charge more for the next-gen version, and it's only $10 more.

Because Ground Zeroes is the Tanker Mission with some extra OPs. We paid 40 bucks (Zone of the Enders 1) for the Tanker Mission. I guess Konami figures we'll do it again (which we will). The problem I have is that I now need to buy a PS4 sooner than I wanted to! lol

My point is the Tanker Mission was in the final game too, so Ground Zeroes will likely be the same. That's my line of thinking at least.

1. You don't know how long GZ is, I'm guessing they would make it longer than a demo since they are charging $30 for it. I think the way Kojima is explaining it being a prologue to help people become familiar with the mechanics of TPP is making people think this is just a short demo... as if the game can't have enough content to be worth $30.

2. The tanker mission in the actual game was much longer than the demo we got in ZOE.. just saying. I still think GZ will be longer than the tanker mission from the actual game.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

Oh. Then if Zone of Enders 3 is included with MGS Ground Zeroes, I'd be okay with the price!

co1onel

This is actually extremely disappointing. Ground Zeroes doesn't look like it has much content in the first place, and they want $30 for it? I had expected like $15 at most, but I was really hoping they would just go the non money sucking route and just release it with Phantom Pain.

Isn't it more likely that there will be multiple scenarios based on the single Guantanamo Bay map like the TGS demo alluded to? I guess this would sort of be like a VR missions pack.

That being said, not interested in paying that much for this.

t26

This is actually extremely disappointing. Ground Zeroes doesn't look like it has much content in the first place, and they want $30 for it? I had expected like $15 at most, but I was really hoping they would just go the non money sucking route and just release it with Phantom Pain.

People were buying ZoE for MGS2 demo and DQ8 for FF 13 demo. There is market for a $30 demo. Many people here already said they will be getting it.

co1onel

People were buying ZoE for MGS2 demo and DQ8 for FF 13 demo. There is market for a $30 demo. Many people here already said they will be getting it.

You are completely missing the point. Heck I'll be buying it too, but its completely unjustified.

Hopefully gamefly will get it otherwise i'll wait for a sale/ps+ or just not play it. No way in hell am I going to be a fool and let konami fuck me out of $30 for a glorified demo.

Would have been nice to play a MGS title so early in the new gen (ignoring that it also comes for PS3), but even as a big MGS fan I have to say no at digital+high price for what is essentially a big demo (of which we already saw the whole location basically).
They should at least offer the same price for the digital PS4 and digital PS3 versions.

I will be pissed though if they don't include GZ in TPP and only do some collection later on.

RangerBAD

I don't understand, isn't Ground Zeroes supposed to be the tutorial mission for Phantom Pain ? Will TPP still have Ground Zeroes included ?

Yup, this is a glorified demo with some extra missions (maybe). If Konami is a logical company, it should come with MGSV. I don't think Konami will say that though because then people might not buy Ground Zeroes.

Those screens don't look that great. I'm sure it'll look a little better by release.

They really need to go back to the old font. It's getting worse.

If there was a boxed version it would have been $40 most likely. No thanks. Might as well just wait for the super duper GZ/PP collectors edition. Yeah this should have been $20 like current gen.

DJwest

At this point I just want confirmation that GZ will be a part of the TPP boxed next gen copy and not a download code, eveyrthing on disc.

mattp

i'm still waiting for a ps4 version screenshot without the stupid dithered transparencies on snake's beard and hair

Yup, this is a glorified demo with some extra missions (maybe). If Konami is a logical company, it should come with MGSV. I don't think Konami will say that though because then people might not buy Ground Zeroes.

All right. Weird thing to do but I guess since some people are willing to pay for it...
I just hope it'll be included in Phantom Pain.

Actually I don't mind so much this model of offering a small part of the whole as an "appetizer". Their logic kinda makes sense to introduce the new gameplay (and of course it offsets their costs by selling two games with the same engine/development). If it were cheap it would also maybe attract new players to try MGS. Also, if TPP is still way off, it would allow us fans to get some (next-gen) MGS earlier.

However, this should have been priced like Dead Rising 2 Case Zero which did essentially the same thing. Or something like 10€.

I work for Konami (KDE-US) and I can confirm that at this time there are no plans for a retail version of the Xbox One and PS4 SKUs of GROUND ZEROES. That's the official word around the office right now. Also, unsure if Ashlee is affiliated with the company at all, or just a fan (she's no one I know at the UK or US offices).

EDIT: Further messaging regarding the retail versions: "We will announce more details regarding the packaged version of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes at a later date, please stay tuned"

EDIT v2: She doesn't appear to be affiliated with us at all. Next time you guys need a clarification of Konami announcements just PM me instead, I check the inbox daily (Mon-Fri).

MaXsPoT

Shopto listed GZ and TPP as two separate games like a month ago. The release date however was TBC.
mgs5-mgsgz-shopto.png

Today, after the official announcement they removed the PS4/XB1 versions and listed the PS360 ones with 8th of March as a release date. This might be true because it was said that a "small MGS", which is GZ, will come this FY ending March 2014.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I love Metal Gear but I'm really not sure I want to support this model. I may just get the PS3 boxed version a couple of months after release (ie. when it is half price in the UK).

Top Bottom