• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: GZ PC version to be demoed in 2 days at Akihabara (Nvidia booth)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that this is the "right" thread to post it.

It seems that the "unveiling" of PC footage of GZ is going to be held in 2 days, at an event in Akihabara.
It'll be shown at Nvidia's booth there.
http://weekly.ascii.jp/elem/000/000/274/274840/

Going by Google translator:

November 16 (day) in at the NVIDIA booth of "week bias LIVE" to be held at the Belle Salle Akihabara, Japan's first and demonstration of "NVIDIA SHIELD tablet + Android 5.0", and "Metal Gear Solid V ground Zerozu" PC version of the demo can experience.

You can demo the experience of the first unveiling become "Metal Gear Solid V ground Zerozu" PC version. Moreover, I can play at a high resolution of 4K use the system of "GeForce GTX 980 3-Way SLI".
Also, for those who participated in the session of the new features "VXGI" of the latest GPU architecture "Maxwell" to be held at the NVIDIA booth will be present and signature badge of Metal Gear.

01_cs1e1_480x.jpg

Also, it was tweeted by Kojimapro and retweeted by Kojima himself.
Vsb5iAp.png

Maybe this needs a thread for the news?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Can't wait to see ground Zerozu on PC.

Cool, new MGSV news on my birthday. :)

Nzyme32

Nice find, thanks for posting. I guess we'll have to keep an eye out for some footage. Quite interested in seeing how the game turns out. I know that the PC version has the capability of more light sources, so I'm hoping it ends up looking like the early PAX footage of Ground Zeroes, which had much better lighting than what has been released so far

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acq2RRTQrs0

Also interesting that it's with nVidia. Wonder if they are adding some of their stuff to it

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Lets hope they have some Nvidia graphics stuff in the pc port to help it look better. on PS4 GZ was so damn ugly and very flat.

Vuze

Just reminded me that I still have that recently released VGXI demo from Nvidia sitting on my harddrive.

I guess SLI support is confirmed then and we'll probably see some Nvidia tech in the PC version. Maybe Hairworks for the doggy in PP :p

Konosuke

It's so weird to see this after gamers begged for a PC release, but it's good to see their commitment to it! Lead the way KPro.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Lets hope they have some Nvidia graphics stuff in the pc port to help it look better. on PS4 GZ was so damn ugly and very flat.

wtf? "damn ugly" really? the game looks amazing, not sure what you're talking about.

Joey Fox

Self-Actualized Member
Wow. MGS V was going to be my PS4 system seller. I'm eagerly awaiting further PC developments, and I look forward to playing this.

RK9039

Nice find, thanks for posting. I guess we'll have to keep an eye out for some footage. Quite interested in seeing how the game turns out. I know that the PC version has the capability of more light sources, so I'm hoping it ends up looking like the early PAX footage of Ground Zeroes, which had much better lighting than what has been released so far

Also interesting that it's with nVidia. Wonder if they are adding some of their stuff to it

They also had PC footage at GDC 2013, but the gameplay was from TPP. Looked amazing from what I remember.

The game actually doesn't need any additional graphics features. It already looks very good. Wouldn't mind them though as long as it's actually playable.

The game actually doesn't need any additional graphics features. It already looks very good. Wouldn't mind them though as long as it's actually playable.

It just needs some fixes on the pop-in and the dithering, but yeah otherwise it looks pretty good to me for a 60FPS game.

LeleSocho

Banned
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering
pleasenodithering

RK9039

Good good. Screw mouse acceleration, I had to stop playing AW because of that crap.

I'll probably play with the DS4 though.

Sentenza

It being Nvidia Sponsored is fantastic news. That means it will be a proper PC port (hopefully).
It typically just means it will include some of their exclusive features, but it obviously can't be accounted as a way to predict the overall quality.

Nibel

So, this is developed by Kojima Productions LA right?

Really interested to see how they will handle this platform. I somehow expect it to be a pretty good port if they are willing to show it off.

RK9039

So, this is developed by Kojima Productions LA right?

I don't think so, from what I've read the port is being done by the main team in Tokyo. That's not really surprising because the game was already running and demoed on PC before we got to see actual console footage.

Great-God

Banned
yme32;138844834]Nice find, thanks for posting. I guess we'll have to keep an eye out for some footage. Quite interested in seeing how the game turns out. I know that the PC version has the capability of more light sources, so I'm hoping it ends up looking like the early PAX footage of Ground Zeroes, which had much better lighting than what has been released so far

I thought it was for clearer gameplay, that demo sure looked amazing but you couldn't see shit. The final game has all the graphical features but different gamma curves and speculars and so forth, rain is less notorious, etc. All to help visibility.
It looked great on a friend's PS4 regardless.

Spaghetti

the lighting isn't really that different, but the colour palette changed a lot. i kinda hope there's a way to change it back to the earthy tones rather than everything being sorta blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom