• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: GZ PC version to be demoed in 2 days at Akihabara (Nvidia booth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dries

Damn good news! Just about to finish up MGS 3 and start Peace Walker. Hopefully I'll be done in time for GZ. Does anyone know how long Peace Walker takes to complete?

Jb

Damn good news! Just about to finish up MGS 3 and start Peace Walker. Hopefully I'll be done in time for GZ. Does anyone know how long Peace Walker takes to complete?

About 40h according to hltb.

If you don't know already it's a really different kind of game, with less of an emphasis on big sneaking missions and more on boss fights and recruiting soldiers. It's much more fun on the HD collection with online matchmaking, but it can be a chore at times and the story isn't very good. Without the bonkers cutscenes the characters do lose quite a bit of charm too.

Spaghetti

do nvidia generally advertise games like this if there aren't any exclusive features? i'm actually wondering if kojima will finally manage to get his wish of having some tessellation going on.

Nokterian

5t5Eac7.png

No mouse acceleration for GZ and PP.
I'm getting more and more hyped.

Good a lot of dev's need to listen to this because in this day and age still doing mouse acceleration is ridiculous.

Nzyme32

do nvidia generally advertise games like this if there aren't any exclusive features? i'm actually wondering if kojima will finally manage to get his wish of having some tessellation going on.

No. That and the inclusion of the nVidia "the way its meant to be played" stuff is almost confirmation that there will be some extra stuff from them in there. Although that doesn't always mean that the game will be great performance wise (see watch dogs and the new asscreed), the continuous feedback gathering and updates via the steam hub along with this do suggest a positive outlook.

Spaghetti

No. That and the inclusion of the nVidia "the way its meant to be played" stuff is almost confirmation that there will be some extra stuff from them in there. Although that doesn't always mean that the game will be great performance wise (see watch dogs and the new asscreed), the continuous feedback gathering and updates via the steam hub along with this do suggest a positive outlook.
as long as we're getting more visual options than "graphics: on/off"

Adnor

Banned
5t5Eac7.png

No mouse acceleration for GZ and PP.
I'm getting more and more hyped.

Hell yes, best news I've heard for this port.

I really wish announcing that a game will not have mouse acceleration wasn't huge, but for some reason developers seem to love having bad controls.

Now I only wish you can configure every action to different keys, not only have a "contextual key" for opening doors and going into cover and doing everything, but that's not as important as not having mouse acceleration because it looks like the game shows you a prompt for what Big Boss will do.

Taking a look at the page again, it seems that the first "showing" of it is going to happen in 5 hours and 45 minutes from now.
I hope there's some stream or someone records it and upload of the rest of us that aren't in Akihabara.

Countdown.

sueil

I know Konami is a Japanese company but why demo a PC game in Japan which has a very small PC market and beyond that console games that get PC ports are often blocked from being bought on Japanese Steam.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I know Konami is a Japanese company but why demo a PC game in Japan which has a very small PC market and beyond that console games that get PC ports are often blocked from being bought on Japanese Steam.

Everything done online is global now. It doesn't matter if the Japanese PC market is small. I'm sitting here at my desk in Wisconsin and I'm still gonna watch or read up on whatever happens.

sueil

Everything done online is global now. It doesn't matter if the Japanese PC market is small. I'm sitting here at my desk in Wisconsin and I'm still gonna watch or read up on whatever happens.

I don't think they announced this in English or have had any indication of a stream which is kinda shooting themselves in the foot. The world is global but there are good ways to go about it and bad.

Nzyme32

Taking a look at the page again, it seems that the first "showing" of it is going to happen in 5 hours and 45 minutes from now.
I hope there's some stream or someone records it and upload of the rest of us that aren't in Akihabara.

Countdown.

Oh didn't read it properly, or realise it was that soon with the time difference. Will have to check on GAF in the morning. Would be awesome if nVidia some how use VXGI in MGSV, but seems unlikely

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Todaaay is my birthdaaaay wooooo!!!one111!!!

ok, nvm sorry carry on.

Woooo MGSV!!!!

Demigod Mac

Glad to hear Nvidia's demoing it; I'm sure they'd speak up and offer assistance if they noticed typical bad-port shenanigans. Durante might be off the hook for this one.

It seems the event does have a livestream
Nicovideo Stream

But that's for the entire event if I got it correctly.
That means it isn't a sure thing they'll show it there but let's have hope.
Less than 2 hours left.

Todaaay is my birthdaaaay wooooo!!!one111!!!

ok, nvm sorry carry on.

Woooo MGSV!!!!

Congrats brother. :)

I'm going to triple dip for MGSV. Will buy it on PS3, PS4 and PC. Only have a PS3 at the moment but I will get a PS4 when The Order launches and pick up GZ and TPP on the PS4 as well. I want to get two platinum trophies and get the ultra definitive version on my future PC rig.

RK9039

It seems the event does have a livestream
Nicovideo Stream

But that's for the entire event if I got it correctly.
That means it isn't a sure thing they'll show it there but let's have hope.
Less than 2 hours left.

Nice one, guess I'll be watching this live.

Yeah I think the VXGI stuff is for the moon landing and that ball demo Nvidia had on their last stream.

As I said, it's not a certain they'll show it on the Stream.
Maybe it's just for the people attending there.
They're showing MSX stuff there, because of its anniversary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom