• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: GZ PC version to be demoed in 2 days at Akihabara (Nvidia booth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

I hope you don't need 3 titans in sli to get a game that's 60fps on consoles to play in 4k at a reasonable frame rate.

poodpick

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed.

I hope you don't need 3 titans in sli to get a game that's 60fps on consoles to play in 4k at a reasonable frame rate.

I think it's capped at 60 fps. Plus there are more light sources and they're probably using lots of AA to get rid of the dithering.

Kojipro just posted these on their twitter
B2iXkZ_CYAEAI5-.jpg

B2iXkZ_CQAAc7Y-.jpg

deeptech

It's from @Korekado_Yuji , hes a producer if i'm not wrong.

https://twitter.com/Korekado_Yuji/status/533798686677934080

Google translate:

GeForce GTX980 3 sheets stab!
PC version GZ then you enjoy enough in full HD 60fps even mid-range specs PC, as you are able to satisfy even the high-performance PC users, graphic option was widely available.

Shit translate , but looks like it's gonna have lots of graphics options and will be playable on most PCs. I hope for some NVIDIA goodies like HBAO+ , don't know how is it on PS4 but i played PS3 version and SSAO was terrible

Nzyme32

hopefully popcicle will be in here tomorrow to give us some more information

Konami posted that there is some sort of sweepstake tomorrow for ground zeroes. I'd have to guess that it is something to do with this PC version and that there isn't any proper news for it today because it's sunday.

Wasn't PC the lead platform? I know the first footage shown was on PC.

I believe so. Someone suggested that kojima productions Japan are doing the PC version in house. As a first PC game for them, the communication direct with pc folk so far seems very positive considering the usual issues that come with first time attempts from Japan.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The 'demo'.

And 5 hours is stretching it, if you want all the achievements. You can see everything the game has to offer in 30 minutes to an hour.

We need video footage, but while we don't get it

H7Xg0e2.png

Multi-monitor support, fps selection(30 or 60 lock?), texture quality, view distance improved, tesselation it seems.

Kezen

Banned
So it's shaping up to look quite a bit better than on PS4....

A mainline entry in the MGS series (formely console exclusive) looking better on PC, what a world we live in.
I can hardly believe it. I know some of my console die hards friends won't like that at all.

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
So it's shaping up to look quite a bit better than on PS4....

A mainline entry in the MGS series (formely console exclusive) looking better on PC, what a world we live in.
I can hardly believe it. I know some of my console die hards friends won't like that at all.

A post about console die hard fans not liking that a game is being released on the most powerful system in 2014, what a world we live in. ;)

This is shaping up very well. Really need to see direct footage and get more info!

With every detail, the promise of MGSV's PC release gets better and better! Kojima Productions has never released one of their games on PC (as MGS and MGS2 were pre-KJP), so I guess they are looking to make a good first impression. Really looking forward to seeing it in action!!

Kezen

Banned
A post about console die hard fans not liking that a game is being released on the most powerful system in 2014, what a world we live in. ;)

Well they were pretty upset about both games coming to PC, they felt "betrayed" because they see the MGS franchise as belonging to consoles exclusively.
Strange behaviour to say the least.

Kezen

Banned
You should tell them that the franchise started on PC and see what happens.

They had no idea whatsoever MGS 1 and 2 released on PC. They had to check on Wikipedia to know I was right. :/

The worst in all this is that they make a huge deal of graphics and they don't really like to be reminded what you can have on another platform in that regard...
Still, I like to hang out with them, I'll just have to very careful about MGS GZ's tech perks on PC.

Spaghetti

Shame.
It's crazy what a difference it makes in recent games like Unity.
hey, at least the benefit of the mgsv experience being split across two games is that kojipro can take feedback on the first game to roll into the second. if there's enough demand for more pc exclusive graphical options i'm sure they may oblige.

The 'demo'.

And 5 hours is stretching it, if you want all the achievements. You can see everything the game has to offer in 30 minutes to an hour.

Uhhh, no. The main story mission is going to take 1-2 hours. The side missions 20-60 minutes a piece. Then the trophies.

deeptech

Still no footage? I'm just standing here looking at the abyss, hoping for a miracle.

Hey maybe tomorrow , Konami posted something about GZ happening on monday.

Anyways , very happy they doing PC version the right way. Expected no less from Kojima honestly. They really care about quality of their work , not like some..

Spaghetti

hopefully we'll be getting screens and a price tomorrow. i want to know how much cash i have to earmark out of my christmas gift budget so i don't end up short.

Nzyme32

hopefully we'll be getting screens and a price tomorrow. i want to know how much cash i have to earmark out of my christmas gift budget so i don't end up short.

For a while now, I've been under the impression that they will have it up for pre-order at the start of the autumn sale and the released on the first day of the winter sale. They seemed to have success doing it that way with MGS Rising anyway.

Think the autumn sale is in a week or two

Yeah, that would make sense. Holiday Sale will start on the 19th, the game will come out on the 18th.

edit: I got the start date wrong. The banner said action needed by Nov 19th.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom