• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Oct. 6 Patch Detailed

JayEH

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/news/day30.php5

New "Event FOB" missions added!
FOB insurance service begins!
New and improved missions for Combat Deployment (Online)! Rewards also get a huge boost!
New equipment added! A higher level of performance... Grade 7!
Night vision equipment can now be developed for your Security Team staff!
Infiltrate without leaving a trace!
FOB expansion time reduction now available!
Improvements to on-screen UI elements and point scoring!
GMP and materials limits are greatly increased online!

Details on each change can be found in the link above. I really don't like some of the FOB changes. They're seemingly just added in so they can sell you more FOB coins. Things like adding new weapons though is a welcome change.

AmyS

details

Your FOBs are always at risk of coming under attack. Now, you can rest easy with FOB insurance (paid service). If you sign up for insurance, then during the insurance period you will be compensated for any materials and staff lost due to rival infiltrations.
* Staff/materials stolen by the rival will in fact remain on your base, and an identical amount of staff/materials will be handed over to the rival instead.
* MB Coins are purchased with real money, but free MB Coins are also distributed periodically as login bonuses, etc.
* The following are not covered by FOB insurance:
・Staff/items that are not fully your property, such as abducted staff being held in your Brig (FOB)
・Wounded staff (staff lost due to death or extraction will be compensated)
・Staff used by you to deploy in defense of the FOB (neither death nor extraction will be compensated)
・Nuclear weapons

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Night vision equipment can now be developed for your Security Team staff!

I'm all for preventing people from losing everything but this is a fucking joke, enemies with NV googles are too fucking OP. It's going to be impossible to invade at night now!

Aside from that, pretty awesome!

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
S1000 AIR-S[★7]

lol good. Weapon is great against other players in FOB.

Also big change

If you avoid being spotted by enemies, and refrain from killing/extracting staff and damaging/extracting containers and equipment, you can now play all the way through an FOB infiltration without the rival player being notified.

Opto

Banned
What's the point of infiltrating FOB at night now. Unless you kill FOB guards, it's going to be impossible now.

Revven

welp glad I did my last few FOB invasions before all these changes happened. Now I don't think I'm going to bother anymore lol.

Grade 7 weapons are pretty sick, though. Probably the only change to care about.

RootCause

Grade seven? Awesome! Hope it means more crazy equipment. Lots of good things, and some interesting bits. The insurance, and time reduction would be great if it uses gmp instead of real money. Let's be real doh! :p

Insurance.

Wow.

189.gif

All this focus on MB coins making me real scared for MGO's possible microtransactions...

Hopefully we're getting some better netcode and other improvements we won't need to pay for... wonder who's going to bother paying for insurance... unless you had like an all-female FOB team, shits worth insuring ;D

Are we gonna at least get some real patch notes?

Foffy

Banned
They literally made an insurance system for invasions?

They literally made an insurance system for invasions...

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The insurance shouldn't cover nuclear bombs. MY DISARMENT CAMPAIGN! The world needs to be rid of the threat of a nuclear bomb! EDIT: Also, let people fucking opt out, for God's sakes.

Sifl

#TeamNeverMakeAnFOBSoICantMakeAnyCoolEquipmentCauseImParanoidAboutLosingMyStuff

Luckily there's insurance for that.

I mean I get Insurance

They cant be making much money off of MB coins as they are right now

Theyre almost entirely useless

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I love playing on PC so that I can make things like FOB insurance completely obsolete. What a god damned shame, paying real money for fake insurance.

Foffy

Banned
#TeamNeverMakeAnFOBSoICantMakeAnyCoolEquipmentCauseImParanoidAboutLosingMyStuff

Luckily there's insurance for that.

Get that and Comcast internet insurance for when you go beyond their arbitrarily projected limits.

Protect yourself from the doers of your problems!

Top Bottom