• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV - The little gameplay details that caught your attention

Partly inspired by this thread about GTAV's details. With huge budgets come lot of intricacies, many of which the average user will completely miss on their own. I know lots of people didn't know about the box fast-travel or the various buddy functions, so this could be helpful.

I upgraded the iDroid and its description said it gained a speaker function, but with no further details. Apparently you can hide in an outhouse and use that random audio recording of the solider in the toilet to divert suspicion from soldiers outside. That's crazy in every way to me

I also recently had someone tell me that there's a prompt to hold onto the Fulton balloon if you use it while standing atop a materials container. I kept trying to balance on top before.

Permanently A

if you shoot enough people in the dick more female soldiers appear

gHUoQWj_6H1o.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg

ezekial45

Banned
Tapping the aim button during a cqc combo will snatch the enemy's gun away and instantly put them in a hold up position.

jediyoshi

If you're carrying someone, you can't mount over a window. If you drop someone you're carrying off a cliff, they good.

RK9039

I liked the way V.Snake's back muscles/bones were moving when you had to crawl right at the beginning for the game.

I think the coolest one was when I tranquilized Ocelot.

Is this for real? Cause I did start shooting everyone in the ass and the dick once they started wearing helmets.

When doing wandering MSF soldier side ops, if you approach them with a cardboard box on they well up with tears, say "B-boss? It's you..." and salute, allowing you to fulton them without a fight.

This has to be bullshit.

I'll try to find the original post. Just echoing someone else's claims.

majik13

If you play the fart tape while hiding in a out house, guards wont search it.

Also heard, that if you hide in a dumpster too long, you start to stink, and guards will be alerted to you quicker.

Ran rp

When doing wandering MSF soldier side ops, if you approach them with a cardboard box on they well up with tears, say "B-boss? It's you..." and salute, allowing you to fulton them without a fight.

This has to be bullshit.

wait... fuck

ah well, it was fun enough trying to catch them all.

cackhyena

The first mission, if you simply choose an alternate landing zone for the chopper,
The Skulls
never appear. Not exactly game play, but still.

Also, supposedly tapping triangle while having someone slung over your shoulder prompts them to talk? I haven't confirmed that.

This has to be bullshit.

If you throw a grenade into a group of soldiers, one of them dives on top of it to save the others.
Tapping the aim button during a cqc combo will snatch the enemy's gun away and instantly put them in a hold up position.

mindblown

LeonSPBR

When doing the side ops of finding the MSF soldiers, you can play the
Paz's Humming
with the speakers on, and the soldiers will come to you and won't fight you.

In the game there is various tapes that can be used for "playing with the enemies". There is 2 lullaby that using them at night you can make enemies fall asleep. There are 2 other that says target is dead and used after you are found and managed to hide, the enemies will believe that you are dead and will stop looking for you. And there is one call Quiet's Humming that stop yours hands to shake.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Useful for when your suppressor is out
B7FkZ1e.gif

Anyone see if this actually works?
igpSl6w.gif

PensOwl

Banned
considering that if you go at night a lot they start wearing NVG, if you ping a lot of headshots they start wearing helmets more, and again for gas masks and grenades (smoke, stun, sleep), I wouldnt actually doubt this

Well it seems like it would be easy to test considering there are no female soldiers in the field normally

clove

Neo Member
You can call D-Horse while running. He will run alongside you, matching your speed so you mount-up at a gallop.

Put D-Horse on roads to stop vehicles non-violently. Useful early game.

Cardboard box toboggan.

Lol this thread is giving me so many ideas. Thanks everyone for posting.

Favorite little gameplay detail - you can still headshot soldiers with a helmet, but you have to aim at the correct spot. Same goes for hitting heavily-armored soliders with tranq darts: if you aim for the gaps between the armor plates it'll go through.

A helmet blocking a headshot no matter which part of the head you hit has always been an annoyance of mine in shooters.

NYR94

Favorite little gameplay detail - you can still headshot soldiers with a helmet, but you have to aim at the correct spot. Same goes for hitting heavily-armored soliders with tranq darts: if you aim for the gaps between the armor plates it'll go through.

A helmet blocking a headshot no matter which part of the head you hit has always been an annoyance of mine in shooters.

You can also kill the soldiers who wear the black helmets with visors, just shoot the glass visor until it breaks then you have a clear shot at their face.

CyReN

In the beginning of the game when I was playing around with the binoculars I saw "Metal Gear Solid V" on the side of Ocelot glasses.

OCjD9Yt.jpg

If you're carrying someone, you can't mount over a window. If you drop someone you're carrying off a cliff, they good.

I just defenestrate the guy I want to carry, then climb out the window and pick them up again. I did it on a mission today

Also, I bought the game yesterday. Man the gameplay is so fun!

gblues

Banned

Head shots and iron sights are both satisfying to use. I find I'm a lot more accurate with iron sights, where most other games just use iron sights as a gimmick.

Top Bottom