• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: The Phantom Pain at IgroMir2014, showing updated content and a new location

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Konamiblog-igromir.jpg

We’re delighted to announce that both Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain and PES 2015 will be making their Moscow debuts this month as we’ll be using Igomir – Russia’s largest consumer computer and video gaming event – to showcase the titles.

Since its inception in 2006, Igromir has become the key date in the Russian gaming calendar. The Moscow-based event runs from October 2nd-5th and will be attended by over 150,000 guests. It is held across four halls and will play host to all major global publishers and the October event will also play host to the world-renowned Comicon event for the first time. As such, it is fitting that KONAMI and its local partner, SoftClub, will use a dedicated area to showcase both titles.

METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN will be represented by a themed display that recreates a military installation as seen in the game. Within this is a 50-seater cinema area where visitors will be greeted by a specially-filmed presentation that features stunning footage from the game, showing updated content and a new location. KONAMI is also planning a series of Igromir-specific announcements regarding the series, which are certain to delight local fans of the series.

Igromir will represent a fantastic opportunity for visitors to get up to date with the huge advances in both METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN and PES 2015. KONAMI can be found on Booth G2, Hall 3, and will be running a number of fun activities and competitions throughout the four-day show.

http://uk-blog.konami-europe.com/20...gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-at-igomir-2014/

HYPE!!!

DieH@rd

Banned
OP misspelled the event in the title. It's "Igromir" not "Igomir".

Will anyone from Moscow-GAF be there, or will Konami livestrem most important parts?

RobertMuldoon

Neo Member
I wonder how many big Western companies are going over? I've been hearing lots of devs raving about how Russian localisation was a big success.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wonder if by new location they mean more of Africa, or an entirely new location. Either way, great news!

Whoa, that came out of nowhere. Hyped. They're obviously not going to reveal a release date yet the hope will linger on within me regardless.

Sn4ke_911

Seriously does anyone know anything about this? any livestreams? this came out of the blue, it's TOMORROW wat?!

will Kojima be there? ToraShiro pls respond.

Sn4ke_911

I do not think I'll go this year. Maybe on Sunday

Is this event like E3 or Gamescom? i've never heard anything of Igromir, i mean it's obviously not as big but is it similiar to those events?

SJRB

Gold Member
Expect nothing and you won't be disappointed.

If there was something big happening, Kojima would've hyped it up on Twitter.

SJRB

Gold Member
Big like MGS Collection 2014?

:(

For better or worse, a MGS clothing line is a pretty big deal and will sell like hotcakes. Just because people expected some bizarre port collection for PC or whatever doesn't mean the MGS Collection announcement was garbage.

Spaghetti

i think there's going to be some news, but probably nothing huge after the tgs blow-out. i don't think we're seeing much new gameplay... but then again maybe they could do what they did with gamescom and play the tgs mission differently

Betting it'll be the same shit as TGS. After they couldn't even get Kiefer's line about a new trailer right, I'm more than a little weary.

Palpable

I somehow don't think they'd show us a 'new location' without hyping it up. Maybe a new area within one of the known locations (Afghanistan or Africa).

Skullface

This will be a rehash. Russia is the last place Konami would reveal any worth while news. I would think. Then again, they love Putin in Japan...

meptrep

It'd be cool to see some more PC stuff, since I think Russia probably has one of the bigger PC gaming markets? I might be wrong, though.

Don't think there's much reason to get hyped with such short notice. The "new location" line is interesting, but they could cheat their way around that.

Sean Eyestone did say at the end of his commentary of the TGS Gameplay "Look forward to more announcements coming soon" but this is pretty short notice.

Skullface

Unrelated, but does anyone have the facial comparison of Big Boss' character models over the years? Specifically, I'm more interested in seeing a MGS4, GZ, TPP comparison.

Top Bottom