• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: The Phantom Pain at IgroMir2014, showing updated content and a new location

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
UlXHDyD.jpg
I want that poster.

For the ceiling in my bedroom.

Spaghetti

was it ever said that the reason the mgs theme disappeared from the series was a result of rights violations?

if i recall correctly, the music was composed while russia was still the ussr and there's a whole bunch of shit about how there were no regards for copyrights on products/music/other media/etc coming out of russia at the time. that's the same reason why i believe tetris was in a weird rights limbo of being owned by the russian state until 1996.

either way, it hasn't necessarily stopped organisations like video games live and whatnot from playing the song at their concerts so... maybe kojima was just embarrassed that the song was plagiarised? he definitely looked very awkward where the russian journalists pointed the similarities out to him.

Skullface

They wouldn't announce/show anything new at a Russian gaming convention. If anything, it's the same mission played slightly differently with Russian subtitles.

This. They can pretty much get away with calling all the content new since it's new to the region. I do cautiously have my fingers crossed though. I mean, it was announced to the west via the UK blog. You would hope that they would use appropriate verbiage.

Seriously does anyone know anything about this? any livestreams? this came out of the blue, it's TOMORROW wat?!

will Kojima be there? ToraShiro pls respond.

I haven't been told of any live stream. Russia falls under Europe's purview (thus the Konami UK blog post), so I'm more running backup support on this. New screens coming, though.

I haven't been told of any live stream. Russia falls under Europe's purview (thus the Konami UK blog post), so I'm more running backup support on this. New screens coming, though.
I'm guessing all this hype and TPP being shown as much as possible at events and such means a possible March 17th, 2015 release date ;)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

New screens? oh nice! This often means we get new footage too? oh god ....must not get hype.

Once again, i can't thank you enough for your continuous support here Tora. Thanks a lot.

I'm guessing all this hype and TPP being shown as much as possible at events and such means a possible March 17th, 2015 release date ;)

I would think so as well given the amount of promotion, but would have thought they would have announced the release date at Gamescom or TGS.

Skullface

Aw hell naw...we need it in March. Everyone will be too busy playing Arkham Knight then

There are people that wouldn't drop Arkham Knight mid play through to dedicate all of their time to The Phantom Pain? What sorcery is this?!

I hate all things super hero. Sorry.

April or May would be good too. At least a solid month before Arkham would be a prudent financial decision. Late March would probably be perfect, there's really nothing remotely similar in size/scope/budget/etc as far as I know (the only thing i can think of is MKX, but that's in a vastly different genre). TPP would own the spring.

Skullface

April or May would be good too. At least a solid month before Arkham would be a prudent financial decision. Late March would probably be perfect, there's really nothing remotely similar in size/scope/budget/etc as far as I know (the only thing i can think of is MKX, but that's in a vastly different genre). TPP would own the spring.

I just wonder how much left they could possibly have to do. Like, is the game actually complete and they're working on the fine tuning? Finishing dubbing? What's left?

Come on Konami, put the pressure on Kojipro. I know you need the money

JayEH

Since TPP is most likely coming out after Bloodborne and The Witcher 3, I'm good for it coming out anytime between March and like September. There's no question I'd drop anything to play TPP though lol.

Off topic: Batman looks kind of bland. I've already played Arkham City, don't need a prettier version.

Nzyme32

Hope we eventually get some info on how the PC version is working out and maybe even some release info. Kind of don't want to see too much else in case I ended spoiling a bit too much. I like being surprised about where a game will take me

Jingo

That mansion is probably not explorable, or even not reachable, i cant really believe that everything we saw in the horizon is explorable.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
That mansion is probably not explorable, or even not reachable, i cant really believe that everything we saw in the horizon is explorable.

You can bet this is explorable.

That mansion was not far enough for it to be unreachable. Considering how Kojima has described the game so far, it is far more likely for the mansion to be explorable than not.

Imm0rt4l

I'm of the mindset that Kojipro needs to stop showing new content from the game. They showed entirely too much of mgs4 before release.

Palpable

was it ever said that the reason the mgs theme disappeared from the series was a result of rights violations?

if i recall correctly, the music was composed while russia was still the ussr and there's a whole bunch of shit about how there were no regards for copyrights on products/music/other media/etc coming out of russia at the time. that's the same reason why i believe tetris was in a weird rights limbo of being owned by the russian state until 1996.

either way, it hasn't necessarily stopped organisations like video games live and whatnot from playing the song at their concerts so... maybe kojima was just embarrassed that the song was plagiarised? he definitely looked very awkward where the russian journalists pointed the similarities out to him.

The whole thing was bullshit. It wasn't even really plagiarized. It sounded kind of similar on some parts, but then again that can be said about a lot of songs. I hope someone finds those assholes who brought it to Kojima's attention and talked shit to him about it so they can punch them in the throats. That theme was the best. It's bs that Konami gave in and changed it.

-Deimos

The whole thing was bullshit. It wasn't even really plagiarized. It sounded kind of similar on some parts, but then again that can be said about a lot of songs. I hope someone finds those assholes who brought it to Kojima's attention and talked shit to him about it so they can punch them in the throats. That theme was the best. It's bs that Konami gave in and changed it.

The theme is awesome and the whole thing is bs, but c'mon it was obviously plagiarized. Maybe it wasn't intentional but the melody was lifted straight from that song.

Skullface

Dude... The MGS theme is strikingly similar. Check out that video where the Russian shows off the original to Kojima. It clearly got a rise out of him. The Russian song is clearly the basis for the metal gear song.

The theme is awesome and the whole thing is bs, but c'mon it was obviously plagiarized. Maybe it wasn't intentional but the melody was lifted straight from that song.

I'd be shocked if psychologists haven't written papers on accidental plagiarism. A very popular case is the Chiffons' "He's So Fine" and George Harrison's "My Sweet Lord".

See: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptomnesia

Betty

Banned

Kojima already stated there would be enemy bases and fortresses so I'm positive the mansion can be explored, and I'm sure everything we saw so far is also reachable.

Top Bottom