• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: THE PHANTOM PAIN - E3 2014 Trailer (jp) [up: English]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That was even more incoherent than last year's trailer. Cool song once again though, some intriguing bits in there.

Also the part where Big Boss falls on his knees and screams with raised fists while flames roar behind him (and also his dumb devil horn shrapnel thing looks longer?) made me cringe.

Looks too serious for a MGS :( even the amounts of blood and gore indicate a different direction

People keep saying this. It's as if Metal Gear games were about clowns and rainbows all these years. It will still have awkward homoerotic moments and Ocelot saying inane shit. Don't worry.

Deuce

Neo Member
I'm excited for this game but I wonder how the multiplayer is going to be. I know I know, MGS is not about that but since it is going to be in there and was in the last couple of games, i hope its as good as the single player experience. I wonder what the team has come up with

Hideo

vtIFLcY.jpg

RhyDin

I found the cutscenes in Ground Zeroes to be pretty boring, but wow - this was pretty riveting.

The gore is pretty blatant and in your face, seems like a pretty mature title.

Looks fantastic visually but the trailer didn't do much for me. I honestly preferred last years trailer which I thought was phenomenal.

I hope they'll show more later at the conferences but we'll see.

whitehawk

Banned
Didn't realize it was coming to 360/PS3 as well. Seems odd since this is a 2015 title right? There weren't many major PS2/Xbox/GCN releases in 2007/2008.

npa189

Konami needs to present a fucking release date already. last years trailer was much better, and that song has nothing on sins of the father.

Squire

Banned
I gotta agree with you, while I don't hate it, it's not as good as previous E3 or GDC trailer. Probably because the song doesn't manage to stir emotions like previous ones.

Still I hope that Kojima is trolling by leaking this trailer, and later on, another completely different trailer with NWA's Straight Out of Compton playing in the background.

Literally LOLd.

Chuck

Still without luck
The man knows how to make a shot, that's for damn sure.

It's a shame he won't let someone else write it.

Smellycat

The song choice was great. That was the most violent MGS trailer I have seen. It had to happen since Big Boss is going to turn bad and all.

nath999

Don't know wtf is happening in this franchise story wise since MGSIII but will buy no doubt.

Can someone find Mcfly and Doc Brown? We need to go back to 1984!!!!!!!

Musolf815

Got some chills from this. Very cool trailer. I was really confused by
Snake hanging out with Skull Face but as suggested above, it might not be Big Boss Snake shown there. It might be a clone or even just putting Snake's model in for another character?

Also the part where Big Boss falls on his knees and screams with raised fists while flames roar behind him (and also his dumb devil horn shrapnel thing looks longer?) made me cringe.

It makes you look like an Oni, sanke.

Huh?! Oni?!

Japanese demons that..."15 minute long cutscene, exposition, metaphors"

*cut back to snake*

*ugh...argh...*

!

[NEWFOUND RESOLVE]

Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom