• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV: The Phantom Pain - New information revealed

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
2015-02-0216_54_35-julbx93.png

2015-02-0216_59_11-jukgoct.png

2015-02-0217_02_04-jutaxj1.png

2015-02-0217_03_49-jumno6r.png

https://twitter.com/JunkerHQNet

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
That last one isn't exactly new information, should be obvious considering the games he's worked on in the past compared to the scale of this project. Cool how the enemies take shelter from the rain, not many games have AI that reacts to the weather. Curious about the uses for the animals as well.

CHC

Interesting but... This isn't the information we're looking for.

When does it come out?!

strafer

would be great if he could announce the release date so we can experience it instead of tweeting food all the time.

im getting pissed off

Spot

The attention to detail in this game is startling. I guess I shouldn't be so surprised since its Kojima after all.

brau

Kinda bummed we can't eat animals anymore, but then again this is probably for the better.

Even the mechanic was interesting. I really disliked the going in and out of menus constantly in Snake Eater. I rather they steer away from that. The less menu interactions the more immersive.

I really like how they changed the codec to be in real time. No more sitting and reading waiting to play some more.

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
I can't even properly describe with words how hyped I am for this game. It's unreasonable. So glad they brought GZ to Steam and I had a chance to play it because the direction they went with gameplay is just amazing.

Banzai

Well this is the information I've been waiting for.

Screw building an army, I'm gonna open the most amazing zoo of all the warzones in the world!

There's going to be a massive storm and flood, the base will transition into a massive Tanker culminating in an epic boss battle against the instigator; The Sorrow.

GUYS, SERIOUS QESTION!

Given the whole dark souls like motherbase mechanics, can we also expect coop? Coop stealth games are prettty much amazing.

Online invasions?

You come back from an infiltration mission and your base is destroyed!

This isn't right, that was ours!

You will feel Big Boss' pain in real time. Phantom Pain for an army that doesn't exist.

Played like a damn fiddle.

RIP Morpho.

Game of the Year.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
GUYS, SERIOUS QESTION!

Given the whole dark souls like motherbase mechanics, can we also expect coop? Coop stealth games are prettty much amazing.
Peace Walker had co-op. Can't see any reason why they wouldn't include that here unless they wanted to include an incredibly scripted moment like the hallway sequence in MGS4. They could even include those moments without making them co-op like the hospital sequence.

Javin98

Banned
Damn, the more I see and hear from this game, the more hyped I get. I'm really interested about that zoo part. How many animals can you keep and what use are they to you? Better have some bad ass predators to Fulton!

Cre8

You want a shot at the champ? [NG gif winner July 23]
So if I'm on a mission and someone attack my base, do I have to abort the mission and goes back to defend it? It could be annoying in the middle of a mission.

So if I'm on a mission and someone attack my base, do I have to abort the mission and goes back to defend it? It could be annoying in the middle of a mission.

It'll probably be like Peace Walker where events happen between missions in a turn based manner, and you probably send out soldiers to take care of it.

Nvzman

Maybe gta v style switch to Ocelot for a base defense mini-game?
Without having you leave the mission, of course.

Top Bottom