• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV - Voice actress for The Boss working on The Phantom Pain!?

Probably as a different character, maybe as a flashback, but we'll see.

The voice direction was suspect but I still don't think she is very good at doing dramatic roles.

I can't speak much to the rest of Lori Alan's roles, but her doing the Boss was handled the best out of Snake Eater to me. The drama was there, but very subtle, and matched the strength of the character; controlled most of the time, while exuding a softer quality resevered for her protege and pretty much no one else.

What actress would you have played as the Boss and how?

It's rather obvious that "Those Who Don't Exist" are just reincarnations of people that Snake has killed. Volgin in the hospital, now The Boss. I have a feeling that Snake is looking to Codetalker to find out why it's happening.

I totally forgot about those guys. Having possibly another "Boss" battle sounds very appealing too, if it's CQC-based again.

funkypie

Banned
I haven't played PW yet (plan to within the next week or so)but after recently finishing MGS3, I do think seeing the Boss in flashbacks would be nice, if for nothing other than understanding Big Boss' thought process when he becomes evil. It'd be cool to see a spirit type incarnation of The Boss & BB taking her words & misinterpreting them on the spot. I dunno, it could be cool.

PW is awful. You're best just reading the story.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
It's gonna be so good to see Solid Snake again even if it's just a small part or him as a child.

It has been 7 years since MGS4.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
It's rather obvious that "Those Who Don't Exist" are just reincarnations of people that Snake has killed. Volgin in the hospital, now The Boss. I have a feeling that Snake is looking to Codetalker to find out why it's happening.

Yeah, it's probably Kid Mantis doing all this. Man i can't wait for those boss battles. Fighting again against The Boss with FOX engine? oh my god yes.

I remember an interview with Kojima Productions where they said before Platinum Games took over MGR they had one of the best boss battles of all Metal Gear games, too bad they had to cut them. So maybe we will see some of that in MGSV.
Kid Mantis has so so much potential, make it again legendary like the Psycho Mantis fight in MGS1.

Yeah, it's probably Kid Mantis doing all this. Man i can't wait for those boss battles. Fighting again against The Boss with FOX engine? oh my god yes.

I remember an interview with Kojima Productions where they said before Platinum Games took over MGR they had one of the best boss battles of all Metal Gear games, too bad they had to cut them. So maybe we will see some of that in MGSV.
Kid Mantis has so so much potential, make it again legendary like the Psycho Mantis fight in MGS1.
my hype is...rising

will we see anything @ E3 about MGSV? new trailer perhaps?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
my hype is...rising

will we see anything @ E3 about MGSV? new trailer perhaps?

Yes sir, new trailer is confirmed. GameTrailers also thinks it might be playable but that's just speculation. maybe we finally get our first look at Metal Gear Online?

Hype.

Yes sir, new trailer is confirmed. GameTrailers also thinks it might be playable but that's just speculation. maybe we finally get our first look at Metal Gear Online?

Hype.
redditGIFFFF.gif

this is going to be 1 glorious E3

Trolling? doubtful.

Ok, let's say GI was stupid enough to think this is a young Big Boss.... then why is he almost invisible in the original picture? You can see Solid Snake only good if you play around with the brightness and contrast. They clearly dropped a hint there. and by they i mean Kojima and Co. i don't think Game Informer did anything with this pic.

I completely agree. It just seems....too obvious? If Solid Snake is in the game that seems like a megaton to me. Blatantly putting an (albeit faded) image of him with Big Boss on an art piece for MGSV seems to be too loud for just a hint.

But...I want to believe.

iLLmAtlc

GI pic features all old art, that mgsv big boss was released before and the solid snake + big boss were from essential collection like mentioned. The fact thatboth solid and naked are adapted from the essential collection pic tells me it's more likely a mistaken GI mashup and not a hint.

I doubt Kojima would allow such a surprise to be leaked by art

Btw I had always thought the alleged solid from the essential collections pic was liquid and mgs2 solid was on the far right. Why would they put young big boss + solid + young big boss? Seems weird

Loakum

Banned
It's gonna be so good to see Solid Snake again even if it's just a small part or him as a child.

It has been 7 years since MGS4.

I think we're gonna have a "years later" portion of the game, when we see/play as adult Solid Snake vs Big Boss...and I have a funny feeling David Hayter will be voicing Solid Snake. I still say this Hayter/Kojima public rift is another Kojima trolltastic ruse!

Zomba13

there is also a third character at the right which is the same of the right character on the collection box art, solid snake from mgs2.

And parts of Big Boss' hair from the Collection box art next to Big Bosses ear.

Guess this means that MGSV will have Solid Snake, an exact BB clone AND Solidus (or Plisken?) making a cameo.

Fatal Error

Neo Member
And parts of Big Boss' hair from the Collection box art next to Big Bosses ear.

Guess this means that MGSV will have Solid Snake, an exact BB clone AND Solidus (or Plisken?) making a cameo.

yes it doesn't mean anything, just being lazy and reusing assets.

Two Words

Time jump and the fact that he was born with accelerated aging, in fact it's completely possible that we'll see multiple time jumps forwards and backwards.

Who knows really, all I know is I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT.

I don't think Solid Snake aged quickly from child to adult. I think he only advanced in age from adult to senior.

I don't really get how "Solid Snake" would be in this game if it is set in the 80s. He'd be a teen. Perhaps he'll be in it the same way how Liquid is in it as a young teenager. Either way, I can't see Snake being old enough to be voiced by David Hayter.

The Phantom Pain we have been shown will only be the Tanker Chapter of this game and the actual meat of the game will be a remake of Metal Gear 1&2 YUISSSSSSSSsssssss.......

Batzi

Banned
I think we will see both, young Liquid and Solid and then later a time skip happens where we play as older Solid Snake (voiced by David Hayter) fighting against Big Boss (Kiefer Sutherland)

I mean seriously, how can you still not be sure Solid Snake is in the game when you see this picture?

iQQywhitO4qmB.jpg

That art was put together by Game Informer. It was not created by Yoji solely for their MGSV HUB. The Solid Snake art is nothing new.

Solid Snake's appearance in MGSV is no secret though, Kojima confirmed it on multiple occasions. The first time he mentioned Solid Snake's return literally was when he said this: http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...ctions-has-not-yet-finished-with-solid-snake/

That's your confirmation right there! ^

I don't think Solid Snake aged quickly from child to adult. I think he only advanced in age from adult to senior.

I was under the impression that Solidus and Solid were genetically modified to grow up faster, and that part of Solid's problem in MGS4 was not only the FOXDIE virus but the fact that he was engineered to die after a certain amount of time, and the aging was a programmed part of that but the FOXDIE virus accelerated things even more.

These two factors contributed to his aging, but I was under the impression that he would still grow older, faster because of the way he was designed.

Now, since Solid Snake didn't get the FOXDIE virus until sometime before the beginning of the Shadow Moses Incident(Naomi injected him during his pre-mission physical). One could definitely theorize that he would age slightly faster due to being a clone with a genetically programmed "killswitch" that causes him to age fairly rapidly after a certain chronological time period.

Either way, when Solid Snake faced off against Big Boss in MG1 he was about 22 years old. I think a time jump is entirely possible, and with the recent news of The Boss's voice actor being involved in The Phantom Pain I think it's entirely possible we might have some flashbacks and I think timeskips are definitely in play.

Batzi

Banned
Solid Snake is 100% confirmed in MGSV and Kojima himself said months before GZ official reveal that Solid Snake was coming back in the next MGS. I don't know why people are still arguing about this.

Blader

Lori Alan's The Boss in MGS3 was one of the better performances in the whole series. Peace Walker less so, but she was given total garbage lines to work with.

Top Bottom