• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MH3U adds cross-region and off-TV play [Wii U]

luffeN

We’re pleased to confirm that a software update will be released in April for the Wii U version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate as a response to Capcom community feedback.

The software update will add online cross-region functionality, allowing European and North American gamers to play together online in up to four-player battles*. Monster Hunters will also be able to play the game using just the Wii U GamePad without the need for a TV screen as the software update makes the title compatible with off-TV play.

Capcom will be continuing to support Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for several months after release with additional free of charge downloadable quests for both Nintendo 3DS and Wii U. The first quest will be available at launch.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate releases across Europe on 22 March for both Wii U and Nintendo 3DS™, both at retail as well as on Nintendo eShop.

* Online play for gamers in Europe and North America will be completely free to play, although broadband Internet charges still apply.

Edit: Source is capcom PR mail.

Edit 2: Why should I make that up? xD
Capcom PR Mail said:
mh3uqjil4.jpg

methodman

Banned
oh wow. off tv play and cross region? that's awesome! well done capcom. ill buy this for sure now, the demo was fun as hell

Mupod

The cross-region thing is great news, although I don't see myself personally using off-screen play. This DOES basically answer my question regarding whether the full version can route all game sound to the Gamepad's headphone output, though. You'd pretty much NEED that for offscreen play, heh.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
So:

First voice chat and USB keyboard support are patched in.

Now offscreen play and even cross-region online for NA/EU.

Capcom game producers finally getting higher-ups to listen to public feedback and what people want?

Top Bottom