• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MH3U adds cross-region and off-TV play [Wii U]

Jetku

No off-TV play meant no sale. I would have gotten the 3DS version, but I couldn't stand the controls.

Will definitely buy day 1 now!! I hope it's an early April update.

Thanks Capcpom!!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Wii U drought?!? What Wii U drought? With off TV play I will literally play this until at least November.

mclem

I'm wondering if off-tv play also opens up single-system two-screen co-op; it's not a million miles away, after all.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
YES!

Totally LOLing at all the "lazy Capcom!" quotes in the other thread now.

Boogdud

This is terrible news. I was really happy with the 3ds version demo performance, and now I might have to buy a wiiU.

Nice. A will probably buy is changed to a day one :)

Noob question. Does monster hunter has a level op system like wow or even runescape?

Hiltz

All Capcom asks in return is that you kneel before it. For Capcom is kind.

Anyway, that's seriously awesome news. Thank you, mighty Capcom Gods.

Jackano

Free online, Region-free online, editor listening to the community, quick off-TV function added with patch... What is this weird feeling?

136114086621.gif

Mupod

So why wasn't Off-TV play there from the beginning? I thought it was quite simple feature to code in.

We're talking about a company so lazy that the 3DS demo doesn't support the frankenstick, because the ancient Japanese demo didn't and it would take more than 10 seconds of work to add it in.

insin

Neo Member
So... how much does a PS3 with a dozen games sell for these days in the UK? Currently fighting my way through MHP3rd HD in Japanese, but off-TV play in particular makes this Day 1 for me.

Orayn

no its not

probably not in because of the language barrier

The Japanese release of Monster Hunter 3 had a subscription last time I checked. Is the Wii U version of MH3G the first in the series not to have one?

Either way, you're probably right that language was a bigger factor.

FlyFaster

So stoked for off tv play. very cool on Capcom's part. Seems like they are really trying to do right by us with this game.

mclem

Noob question. Does monster hunter has a level op system like wow or even runescape?

There's a levelling system, but that determines what quests are available to you, not your own strength and survivability. Character progression comes from collecting materials from dead monsters from which you can craft weapons and armour.

Top Bottom