• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Michael Bloomberg is skipping NH. May also skip Iowa, NV, and SC, is expected to gamble everything on Super Tuesday.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
The decision to not file in the Granite State’s Feb. 11 primary reinforces his expected strategy of not contesting the first four nominating races in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina to focus instead on the slate of more than a dozen states competing in Super Tuesday on March 3.

Bloomberg’s name did not appear on a list of declared candidates on the New Hampshire Secretary of State’s website after the deadline. The department did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.

He has thus far filed to run in the Democratic primaries in Alabama and Arkansas.

Skipping the four early states could be a big gamble for Bloomberg. Rudy Giuliani, his mayoral predecessor, adopted the same tactic during his 2008 bid for the Republican presidential nomination, only to drop out of the race before the end of January.

Yet Bloomberg, a billionaire businessman who built a financial data and media empire, still threatens to upend the 2020 primary race should he ultimately decide to formally launch a White House bid.
This guy is going to campaign risking it all on Super Tuesday states ignoring the first for primaries, which could backfire spectacularly. This would even spook Hillary, although Bloomberg does have the money to take such a bet.

I just don't see this working though, you need at least some momentum going into ST to make people believe you have a chance, I'd at least go for South Carolina.

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!

This guy is going to campaign risking it all on Super Tuesday states ignoring the first for primaries, which could backfire spectacularly. This would even spook Hillary, although Bloomberg does have the money to take such a bet.

I just don't see this working though, you need at least some momentum going into ST to make people believe you have a chance, I'd at least go for South Carolina.
isnt this what Giuliani did on the GOP side and it failed miserably?

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Wise choice. Respect for his team for their strategy.

When super tuesday comes, and the months before it,
all his serious contenders may still be sequestered in DC senate to handle the Trump impeachment
so he will basically run un-opposed in the primaries when that happens.

Not bold strategy, it is a smart strategy. (unless the house drops the impeachment and does not even put it to a vote).
I would vote for him. I always vote for smart people ahead of dumb people regardless or political affiliation.

Afro Republican

GAF>INTERNET>GAF, BITCHES
Aug 24, 2016
Wise choice. Respect for his team for their strategy.

When super tuesday comes, and the months before it,
all his serious contenders may still be sequestered in DC senate to handle the Trump impeachment
so he will basically run un-opposed in the primaries when that happens.

Not bold strategy, it is a smart strategy. (unless the house drops the impeachment and does not even put it to a vote).
I would vote for him. I always vote for smart people ahead of dumb people regardless or political affiliation.
I keep seeing posting this flawed theory that the Impeachment will keep sme candidates away from the trail but that's just not the case (outside maybe Castro)

Most of them who are running are't even doing their job. It's no different from Rubio in 2016.