• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Pachter chooses the Xbox to win the next generation

0gQps.jpg

Industry analyst and all-around controversy starter, Michael Pachter, has had plenty to say at this year’s SXSW, but his biggest claim may be that the next Xbox will win the coming console generation.
Plenty of industry leaders are currently discussing all things entertainment at the 2013 South by Southwest event, which is an annual music, film and interactive conference in Austin. Pachter of Wedbush Securities has been talking up a storm, and an image has just made its way online that reveals one of his boldest claims.

Although Pachter sees a bright future for both Microsoft and Sony, it’s the Xbox that will reign supreme with its strong social features and TV tuner. Gaikai will help propel Sony to new heights, but it just won’t be enough to put the PlayStation back on the top of the mountain.
Pachter is an industry veteran that should never be ignored, but if you don’t agree with him, let us know who you think will take the top spot in the next generation. We haven’t seen the “Xbox 720″ quite yet, but will Microsoft be the top dog?

http://stickskills.com/2013/03/10/michael-pachter-chooses-the-xbox-to-win-the-next-generation/

DTKT

How and why would the PC make a comback? Wouldn't a new generation of console actually drive content away from the PC or push PC developers to port their games to the new Xbox or PS4?

Darklord

Banned
Way to predict a PC come back like 3 years after it happened. And how are PS3 playing catch up? Overall, they're 2 million units behind, that's not much and they hit the ground running so far. They play they're cards right and it'll switch quickly.

StuBurns

Banned
It depends what you mean by 'wins' I guess, money is what matters, and I think Nintendo will make more than the other two.

i-Lo

Xbox doomed.

Pachter's already dooming 720 to a distant third.

I guess that means the PS4 will win.

So what your saying is that Xbox is going to lose this next generation.

Bad news for Microsoft.

FUCK YES! My bet was on Sony! This means I was right!

Not good news for Microsoft:/

Microsoft to shut down all divisions and being bought by Sega.

Done.

Baleoce

Not being funny, but MS to have a monopoly on apps, Nintendo to base their business around software, and PC to "make a comeback" (I thought it already did), is not a prediction, it's just logic.

Sony, fair enough. Although I'd call 73 compared to 75 mil fairly even (assuming that's accurate). It all depends on the marketing, something which Sony needs to address, and MS have been exploiting that weakness this gen.

"We won't lose any more publishers to bankruptcy". I very much doubt this.

"Handheld hardware sales will lose profit to smartphones etc." Despite the fact he was touting this even before the 3DS launched, and it still looks likely to eclipse DS in lifetime sales.

RangerBAD

I think there's a chance Sega might go under in the next 10 years. I see Sony and Microsoft neck-and-neck (just like now). Nintendo will always do their own thing, so it's hard to predict anything with them.

Top Bottom