• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Micheal Pachter wedbush with new Switch sales forecast

Bodatan

Banned
Here we go again 😂

Pachter records so far.

Before Switch's launches
His forecast = 5m units shipped in the second FY+ Q4 last FY
Actual result = 17.79m units shipped

After Q4 financial result he revised and bumped the forecast number to 10m but then he bumped it again to 12m after Q1 financial result.
Actual result = 17.79

After 3 times revised his forecast number he still over 5m units off from the actual number😂🤣😂

Next fiscal year forecast by him, perhaps he will get it right this time.
Pachter forecast = 8m units shipped
Actual result = 16.95m units shipped

even worse than before with nearly 9m units off the mark 🤣 but dared to spout this BS about his 8m projection

“Look, I think Nintendo is just out of touch,” he said. “I mean, I think they have no idea what they’re doing"

After making fun of himself during 3 last FY forecast his new prediction is

"The Switch can sell 20 million units annually for the next three years,” said Michael Pachter, an analyst at Wedbush Securities Inc. “So it should easily get to 100 million.”

🤔 rip Nintendo Switch ☠️

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Might as well take a shit of a huge building and try to hit a penny on the ground.

That is what pachter does

Boss Mog

I'm saying this completely seriously; I don't get how a guy like Pachter still has his job or even got it in the first place when he clearly doesn't know or understand anything related to games.

Bryank75

Banned
He has to be the biggest running joke in the industry. Do people just pay him as some type of meta thing?

Geez, I didn't even know he still exists.
I remember him from the gametrailers days. He had a small weekly show, Pach Attack if I remember correctly.

Arm73

I stopped watching him years ago. After hearing him say several times that he needed more followers and more viewers to match the kind of audience that he was able to reach on his previous platform ( Gametrailers I think), I politely suggested that maybe, if he would pay more attention to his image, like wearing a tie and recording from his stellar office, instead of streaming from his house basement unshaved and in shorts, a new generation of audience would take him more seriously. He replied in one of his videos basically saying F U to the people suggesting exactly that and that he didn't care in the least. So screw you back I thought, and it's not like he's getting any better with his " predictions". 🙄

Secesh

I love this guy.

He is wrong so often it has to be a troll at this point.

No matter how often he is wrong people still get up in arms over his predictions. It's like a meme within a meme within a meme.

Fbh

Dude must have some great connection to still have a job.
Because if you are only expected to be right every now and then I think almost anyone on this site could do the same.

Nero_PR

Banned
Can I take the place of Michael Patcher? The guy is paid to talk speculative bullshit from an industry he barely understands.

Is there a master list of this guy's predictions somewhere and how accurate he was? I'd be curious to see what his overall prediction rate actually is.

Remember that show he used to have called Suicide Pacht?

Where all the "fellow babies" agreed to end their lives when one of his predictions was finally wrong?

It's like all the celebs who were gonna move to Canada when Trump got elected, there's no follow through.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
Dude's been a meme about being wrong for many years.
Over a decade.

Honestly I wish we could make him a banned source. He's full of shit and adds nothing to the community.

Chiggs

I wouldn’t pay this clown to forecast rainfall in Seattle. He’s the first name I think of when I think of video game industry frauds. The second is Don Mattrick.

Portugeezer

It's hard to predict Nintendo sales TBH, the last few gens have been topsy-turvy.

He really has an axe to grind against Nintendo and has for over a decade.
He was calling for years that they would make a Wii HD, and has been bitter that they didn't take his totally awesome idea of Wii HD.

Zannegan

It's hard to predict Nintendo sales TBH, the last few gens have been topsy-turvy.

He was calling for years that they would make a Wii HD, and has been bitter that they didn't take his totally awesome idea of Wii HD.
To be completely fair to the man, it would have been a much better move than the Wii U was.

A 100% BC HD Wii with the Wii Motion Plus controllers as a standard and "HD" branding at the Wii's original price point of $250 would have sold like hotcakes, allowed for interesting motion games in place of waggle, and basically saved the generation for them.

He still can't forecast sales for beans though.

Top Bottom