• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microïds unveils their Nintendo Switch line-up. (Syberia 1, 2, 3 +more)

The trailer linked in the OP is for the 2013 Ubisoft remake that was just called Flashback. If this new one is actually called Flashback Remastered and made by Microids, then the link is wrong. Because the screenshot does not match at all.

It's weird. The NL story I linked to has the Ubi remake trailer, but the screen posted with the story is the one in the OP. I have no clue which it is.

Deft Beck

I'm thrilled that we're getting a Blacksad game but astounded that Flashback is getting another terrible-looking re-release.

Crub

This is what the press release says about Flashback:

Originally released in 1992 and developed by Delphine Software, Paul Cuisset's legendary action-adventure game - FLASHBACK - is back in a remastered edition this year. Paul Cuisset himself took the helm to ensure the remastering stays faithful to his original creation, while adding smooth vintage rendering.

So clearly not the Ubisoft game. I doubt this is a Switch exclusive, but I don't think it's been revealed previously. Pretty big news if so. If it turns out well, it'll likely be the definitive version of the game.

lutheran

Ew.

ymkcSPd.png

Wait this looks nothing like the trailer at all

lutheran

So the Flashback remaster they are talking about bringing to the Switch isn't a fresh graphical remake of the original game like the Bionic Commando Rearmed games? It is actually the game they made for the 360 that had the original game inside as an unlock? OK read further into the thread and it is definitely not the Ubisoft remake but a remaster of the original game just like Bionic Commando rearmed which is great news for me...

Charamiwa

Banned
I've been meaning to play through Syberia 1 & 2 again, I really hope the ports are good because this is really perfect for me. Love those games.

I think they fall short of being true classics per say, but if you like adventure, trains, automatons, this decaying eastern europe feel, this is a treat.

I'll avoid 3, sadly.

Wait a minute here...

THERES A BLACKSAD GAME?!

Holy shit I need to know more about this.

Hold up, there's a video game adaptation of Blacksad coming? Based on the amazing French comic?! AND it's coming to Switch?!

Holy crap!

Its a spanish comic.
The problem is that spain publishers are idiots and they had to publish it with a french publisher at first so its pretty popular in france (and now in spain, as I said, spanish publishers were idiots not publishing the comic lol)

Oregano

Pic of Gear.Club on the NS.

8gw3q7ogtu2z.jpg

Hmmm wonder if its still F2P. Would be the first of its kind on Switch.

Also wonder if they've touched up the graphics. It looks okay on my Shield but obviously Switch can do better.

In general I think there's a big opportunity for more core oriented mobile games to receive Switch versions.

EDarkness

Also wonder if they've touched up the graphics. It looks okay on my Shield but obviously Switch can do better.

In general I think there's a big opportunity for more core oriented mobile games to receive Switch versions.

Honestly, I doubt it'll be F2P. May be wrong on that, but I guess we'll see. Either way, it's Eden Games so I hope they take real advantage of the NS because they will be the only racing game with real cars on the system and having a pretty racing game that controls well would REALLY work in their favor.

I'm watching videos of Gear.Club and while the car models and garage look pretty good, the track environments are not that great. I'd loathe to call them PS3/360 quality. I guess that's the technical sacrifice mobile devs have to make to get their game to run on every device. That's an area that could really be done up on Switch.

Man sooo good to see a Blacksad game. Love the comics, even have framed posters on the wall over my TV and vinyl record player because I love that artstyle so much. Guarnido is really good.
Me too, Blacksad has one of the most amazing artstyles I have ever seen in comics.
Always wanted to see a movie or game adaption.

I have 3 framed posters too, Black Claws Rule, the coverart of the first novel and this ist my favorite:
john-s-blues-blacksadn1ulu.jpg

Syberia 1-3 is awesome too, thanks based Microids.

kamandi

A blacksad game, awesome. But do have at least a teaser or something? Link is just leading to the comic book trailer.

Is that the real box art? There are better angles they could have used for her face. And some of the background stuff looks super low res. Kinda ugly.

Still a great game so pls buy it everyone.

Gear.Club could be the first 'realistic' racer on Nintendo since.... ever?

Need for Speed Most Wanted on WiiU? It was one of the few ports that looked much better than the PS360 versions and had a better frame rate on top (but it was only 30 FPS: unacceptable for a racer).

Syberia 1+2 are definitely good games (for adventure fans) forget 3.

Top Bottom