• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft’s Xbox Elite 2 controller arrives on November 4th for $179.99

HoldSteady

Neo Member
I already have an elite and will be buying this as well. I’ve had the original since day one with no issues whatsoever. The paddles are a game changer. I haven’t pressed a thumbstick or bumper in years. I don’t know if it makes me a better gamer but it’s so much more convenient.

rofif

Banned
What's wrong with default S controller ?
I don't like paddles and I don't like internal batteries. DS4 would be perfect if it had batteries like xbox controller and was supported on pc properly

kingwingin

Was going to pick this up but I broke the screen on my s10 2 weeks ago and that set me back $500.

Will just wait until christmas to snag one

Gerdav

Is anyone else getting one tomorrow, my Microsoft store (UK) via the Xbox dashboard order was dispatched on Friday evening, got tomorrow off, does UPS UK give a estimated time slot, GPS tracking DPD style, or will I be playing the game of stalking the UPS driver out the window.

Reactions: Isa

Mattyp

Gold Member
I still haven't had a single issue with my launch day elite controller, so I'll probably wait until Scarlett drop to grab one of these and have two elites. Glad they've done the battery packs right like Nintendo instead of the Sony route.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Please explain how $200 for a controller that has replaceable parts is not a rip off? Considering it is about double the price of the original elite?

Who are you to even say what someone considers a rip off?

A. It's not about double the price of the original elite.

B. It's not $200.

C. How is anything with replaceable parts automatically make it a rip off?

D.who are you to say that it's a rip off? Who died and made you the rip off negotiator?

E. I think every apple product is shit. Does that mean they are rip offs? Nope, just not for me and as a consumer that's my right to not buy it and as a level minded person I understand why others would find it compelling.

Please explain how $200 for a controller that has replaceable parts is not a rip off? Considering it is about double the price of the original elite?

Who are you to even say what someone considers a rip off?

it isn't. the original elite was $150, the new one is $180:

that is a 20% increase in price

johntown

Banned
A. It's not about double the price of the original elite.

B. It's not $200.

C. How is anything with replaceable parts automatically make it a rip off?

D.who are you to say that it's a rip off? Who died and made you the rip off negotiator?

E. I think every apple product is shit. Does that mean they are rip offs? Nope, just not for me and as a consumer that's my right to not buy it and as a level minded person I understand why others would find it compelling.
a. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZDNNRB8/?tag=neogaf0e-20 that seems close to double to me but I guess you are going of exact to the penny prices so I am wrong?

b. I am well aware it is not $200 but it is close. $179.99 plus tax and maybe shipping come close to $200 but since you want to be ultra specific we will go with $179.99

c. don't put words in my mouth. I never said that. The only thing the elite offers that is really different from any other controller is replaceable parts and other controller are much less.

d. I am entitled to my opinion. YOU decided that I should not be able to call something a rip off and said it is not a rip just not for you? That is in your original post to me where you try to tell me how I should think. I don't really care what you think and I just want to let you know that I can think whatever I want about anything I want. If I think the Xbox Elite 2 is a rip off I can think that and nothing you say will change any of that.

It is shame you didn't want to have a meaningful conversation and maybe ask why I thought it was a rip off or something that could start a meaningful back and forth discussion. Instead you try to tell me how I should think.

I am sure you will want to get in the last word so feel to respond with whatever you think will make you feel better about yourself but I am done with this conversation.

a. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZDNNRB8/?tag=neogaf0e-20 that seems close to double to me but I guess you are going of exact to the penny prices so I am wrong?

b. I am well aware it is not $200 but it is close. $179.99 plus tax and maybe shipping come close to $200 but since you want to be ultra specific we will go with $179.99

It is shame you didn't want to have a meaningful conversation and maybe ask why I thought it was a rip off or something that could start a meaningful back and forth discussion. Instead you try to tell me how I should think.

I am sure you will want to get in the last word so feel to respond with whatever you think will make you feel better about yourself but I am done with this conversation.

you are comparing the price of a used controller to a new one. the original elite was $150 plus tax, the new one is $180 plus tax. It's a difference of 20%, not double

if you want to have a meaningful conversation with him, you should start by using correct numbers that are easily obtainable with a simple google search instead of trying to pass off hyperbole as fact

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

c. don't put words in my mouth. I never said that. The only thing the elite offers that is really different from any other controller is replaceable parts and other controller are much less.

d. I am entitled to my opinion. YOU decided that I should not be able to call something a rip off and said it is not a rip just not for you? That is in your original post to me where you try to tell me how I should think. I don't really care what you think and I just want to let you know that I can think whatever I want about anything I want. If I think the Xbox Elite 2 is a rip off I can think that and nothing you say will change any of that.

Like someone else stated, you came into an thread and stated facts that weren't true.

The used price of a controller doesn't really factor into a retail price.

The original elite was $149. This is $179. Not even close to double.

I'm going to guess, I could be wrong, you don't have an elite either meaning you don't understand the value at it's price point.

I didn't put words in your mouth. You said how is a $200 controller with replaceable parts not a rip off. Meaning the "replaceable parts" at that price range would indicate a "rip off" to you.

And again like I said, a level minded person doesn't go around calling products rip offs if they don't see the value.

Ask elite owners, a majority of them are more than happy with their purchase meaning it's in fact not a rip off but a good product that represents it's value in dollars.

And I'm more than happy to have a conversation about it but going into a thread and speaking wrong facts combined with hyperbole will get you a response in the same manner that I formed.

Maybe you should of tried something like...

"$200 for a controller seems way too high to me. Can someone tell me how it's not a rip off? At that price it seems hard to discern value".

Isa

Gold Member
I'm excited to mess around with mine when it arrives. Not sure what tension I want to go with for the sticks. Also cool how all our kit carries over to the Scarlett as well.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I'm excited to mess around with mine when it arrives. Not sure what tension I want to go with for the sticks. Also cool how all our kit carries over to the Scarlett as well.

I'm super interested to see how the tension adjustments will make the controller feel for Forza games.

• Thoughtful

Pantz

Gold Member
Gonna wait to see if there are any discounts on Black Friday. Then I'll use Microsoft Points to pay for it which were also on a discount.

Isa

Gold Member
I'm super interested to see how the tension adjustments will make the controller feel for Forza games.
That's a good point, I had been considering mainly shooters and indies and such. But yeah, that kind of "feel" could really change the experience for the better. Now I'm going to have to go through all my racers and try it out haha.

Gerdav

The stick tension is the no1 reason I’m upgrading from the V1, first thing I’m going to do is try it at the 360 setting before experimenting a bit more.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
The stick tension is the no1 reason I’m upgrading from the V1, first thing I’m going to do is try it at the 360 setting before experimenting a bit more.

I don't remember the 360 tensions being tighter but I haven't picked up a 360 controller in years.

I think I'll end up somewhere in the middle in reguards to the tension.

Gerdav

I don't remember the 360 tensions being tighter but I haven't picked up a 360 controller in years.

I think I'll end up somewhere in the middle in reguards to the tension.

I think it was in a official unboxing kind of video Microsoft released a few weeks back, tightest setting is the exact same as the 360 was.

Interesting. I should find one of my 360 controllers and touch all over that tension.

Yeah, the 360 controller was tighter with higher tension. I still use a 360 controller with the PC, and I just picked up both of them to compare. Interestingly, I've never noticed prior to now, so I'm not sure how important it really will be to me... although when I just checked them both I thought that the 360 feels better. But since I never once noticed it and thought that previously, it likely isn't a big deal.

I'm still undecided if I will get an Elite V2 or not.

Vawn

Banned
So Microsoft charged fans a $150 for a controller only to make it obsolete with an even more expensive controller?

Perhaps worry about making games?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Being able to adjust the sensitivity of the triggers fixes my biggest complaint with the original Elite controller. Those triggers were good for racing games, but terrible for anything that required quick presses.

Honestly, I'll probably end up getting this. And I'll use it for both my Xbone and PC, so it should see quite a bit of use.

Gerdav

So Microsoft charged fans a $150 for a controller only to make it obsolete with an even more expensive controller?

Perhaps worry about making games?

I have had more than my money’s worth of the V1 over the last four years.

If you want to make petulant comments you could say

“So (insert company) charged consumers/fans (insert price) for a (insert any device phone/tablet/console/TV etc etc etc) only to make it obsolete with a even more expensive (insert any device blah blah)?”

Pretty much just describes every single multinational corporation in the world, how dare they improve on their products and make money in the process.

Vawn

Banned
I have had more than my money’s worth of the V1 over the last four years.

If you want to make petulant comments you could say

“So (insert company) charged consumers/fans (insert price) for a (insert any device phone/tablet/console/TV etc etc etc) only to make it obsolete with a even more expensive (insert any device blah blah)?”

Pretty much just describes every single multinational corporation in the world, how dare they improve on their products and make money in the process.

Except these all came out in one console generation. You buy one with the $500 console at launch, then in order to still have the best available Xbox One controller you needed to spend another $150, then not long after that they want another $180.

Xbox is clearly following the mobile pricing schemes of going after the whales.

They can't compete on quantity of players, so they need the players they do have to spend more and more money (and also get them on as many monthly membership fees as possible).

Gerdav

Except these all came out in one console generation. You buy one with the $500 console at launch, then in order to still have the best available Xbox One controller you needed to spend another $150, then not long after that they want another $180.

They can't compete on quantity of players, so they need the players they do have to spend more and more money (and also get them on as many monthly membership fees as possible).

eSwap Pro Controller: the versatile, wired professional controller for PS4 and PC (PS4) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WGW88NS/

There is a officially licensed £150 PS4 pro controller coming out Tuesday, go for it.

eSwap Pro Controller: the versatile, wired professional controller for PS4 and PC (PS4) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07WGW88NS/

There is a officially licensed £150 PS4 pro controller coming out Tuesday, go for it.

they clearly need to focus on making gamez nad stop putting out expenzive controllers! god damn you Sorny

seriously, this too expensive argument is so fucking stupid. is $180 too much to pay for a controller? dont buy it. use the normal xbox one controller that came with the console, its arguably the best controller ever made. or if you want to get something cheaper, get a mad katz controller for $20 and try not to throw it through your tv out of frustration. or get a cheaper elite v1 off someone upgrading if you want to see what the hype is about.

options are good, people will spend money on things that they like. same reason the xbox one x and ps4 pro exist

is a 2080ti the best use of your money if you are a PC gamer? no, a 2070 or 5700xt will produce almost the same results for most people for like half price. should the 2080ti exist? Yes, let people decide what they are willing to pay for something on their own

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Lmao. Now we are saying because they sold less xboxs than PS4s they are making expensive controllers.

JFC. The mental gymnastics here is LEGENDARY.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
My logi mouse has a 3 device BT button.
Anything like this for the xbox elite 2?
Basically hot swapping to ps4 and switch. Or ipad

Last edited:

Gerdav

Mine has arrived

lZW7DWh.jpg

WadVumN.jpg

GUjqYm1.jpg

oRtU1ml.jpg

C29YZIg.jpg

And a couple of quick comparisons to the V1

IEdjl0B.jpg

T9g70Mp.jpg

Last edited:

Gerdav

I didn't know the case itself had a port to charge the battery pack thing. That's legit.

It’s just gap in the case, the port is on the charging Pad.

Ibeen playing for a hour or so with the tension set to 360 levels, it’s legit better for shooters but it’s so easy to change takes literally 10 seconds to change both it can just be done per genre/game.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
It’s just gap in the case, the port is on the charging Pad.

Ibeen playing for a hour or so with the tension set to 360 levels, it’s legit better for shooters but it’s so easy to change takes literally 10 seconds to change both it can just be done per genre/game.

Oh ok that makes sense.

I was messing with a 360 controller last night and idk if I could notice a drastic change in the tension. Maybe I'm just not adverse enough lol.

Top Bottom