• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Microsoft and 343i Employees Wear Craig T-Shirts

Krappadizzle

Oct 4, 2011
Honestly, I think it's great they are taking the criticism in stride. I wasn't down on the graphics like some people, but I wasn't blown away either and expected better.

If fidelity is the issue because of the Xbone, I'd rather they just limit it's availability to maybe the One X and up. Or go the admittedly dumb route in just offering the MP to last gen and the full game to new console/PC players like Activision did.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2016
Good guy Phil wants to share the shame. Nice.

Playstation fanboys with Craig avatars and memes that ran post the initial week or two are the lamest. It's like the guy that keeps telling the same joke because it was a hit at a party 3 years ago.

RJMacready73

Jun 25, 2020
Embrace it, run with it and have the lolz but dont fucking do it again MS, that was a massively dissappointing reveal of "next gen" gameplay

Reactions: Sorne

Kssio_Aug

Sep 14, 2013
Let's be honest, this whole Craig thing was an overraction. It was a screenshot taken from a VERY specific moment. The Brute faces modeling are not actually bad in other instances of the same gameplay.

That being said, they're making the right move treating it as a harmeless joke - even though it's not (as it seems to have affected the title already).

Yoboman

Sep 17, 2005
Let's be honest, this whole Craig thing was an overraction. It was a screenshot taken from a VERY specific moment. The Brute faces modeling are not actually bad in other instances of the same gameplay.

That being said, they're making the right move treating it as a harmeless joke - even though it's not (as it seems to have affected the title already).

regawdless

Banned
Sep 21, 2020
Good to see them staying positive and embracing it. Cool that he will be part of the Halo lore from now on.

Now make a good Halo game please :messenger_winking:

BusierDonkey

Sep 21, 2018
They should have him as an hidden NPC Brute that joins you once you do a certain thing in the game, or just as a goofy skull activation. He could operate like a typical companion character. His is facial expression never changes from the meme face. If you melee or friendly fire at him he says "There is no need to be upset".

itsnotme

Sep 9, 2020
Nothing specially wrong with the Brute modeling there. The whole picture seems washed out / uninteresting graphically, and definitely not a next-gen look. But the modeling per se? I see no issue there.

Judging the game because of that specif Craig face that became a meme, would be like juding Uncharted 2 for the following screenshot:

Except one isn't an official image released by the publisher

LordOfChaos

Mar 31, 2014
Phil also said in that interview that they may put a Craig somewhere in the game, that's what I said they should do! Just have him hidden somewhere like the thirsty grunt in Halo CE

billyxci

Permabanned.
Aug 3, 2014
it's good that they are making light of it. yeah kids on the internet are laughing at MS but it's good to know that MS aren't letting it get them down. embrace it and keep working on the game :)

Schmick

Aug 7, 2019
It really is,

Put it as an easter egg in Halo:Infinite, acknowledge the memes at best, but to wear it as a badge of honour? This ain't no Peter Moore GTA tattoo.
Its acknowledging their mistakes. Which in my opinion is the much better outcome.

Plus you are forgetting, its a video game! A lot of teenagers out there would find this funny. Good way of winning back the Halo doubters.

Those who are having a hard time with this, I suspect, are those who can dish it out cant take the fact that MS/343 can dish it back in their direction.

eyesabitdull

May 10, 2020
Lmao so this is basically like the episode of South Park and Chinpokomon.

It stops being cool when its embraced by those who never understood it in the first place.

Reactions: Enjay and Mister D

AJUMP23

Sep 29, 2020
Whatever the team needs in order to motivate themselves to complete the game and make it fun.

Kev Kev

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2012
So so so soooooooo cringy that they are trying to be cool dudes about this 🤦‍♂️

Just take your licks and move on, this is making you guys look so much more douchey

Those who are having a hard time with this, I suspect, are those who can dish it out cant take the fact that MS/343 can dish it back in their direction.
The problem is they aren’t dishing out anything good, funny or even remotely close to the idea of cool. They are trying to get out ahead of a joke by being self deprecating, which shows they have zero humility. Their is maybe a way they could have done it and it would have been cool or funny...

but what 343i is doing is just plain hackey. It’s not funny and makes them less likeable

Last edited: