• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft and 343i Employees Wear Craig T-Shirts

Krappadizzle

Gold Member
Honestly, I think it's great they are taking the criticism in stride. I wasn't down on the graphics like some people, but I wasn't blown away either and expected better.

If fidelity is the issue because of the Xbone, I'd rather they just limit it's availability to maybe the One X and up. Or go the admittedly dumb route in just offering the MP to last gen and the full game to new console/PC players like Activision did.

Last edited:
Good guy Phil wants to share the shame. Nice.

Playstation fanboys with Craig avatars and memes that ran post the initial week or two are the lamest. It's like the guy that keeps telling the same joke because it was a hit at a party 3 years ago.

d737bd76a59cdb82b80fe0c0dbbc5bad.jpg

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Embrace it, run with it and have the lolz but dont fucking do it again MS, that was a massively dissappointing reveal of "next gen" gameplay

Kssio_Aug

Let's be honest, this whole Craig thing was an overraction. It was a screenshot taken from a VERY specific moment. The Brute faces modeling are not actually bad in other instances of the same gameplay.

That being said, they're making the right move treating it as a harmeless joke - even though it's not (as it seems to have affected the title already).

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Phil Spencer also confirmed Craig will remain a part of Halo lore

amazin'

regawdless

Banned
Good to see them staying positive and embracing it. Cool that he will be part of the Halo lore from now on.

Now make a good Halo game please :messenger_winking:

itsnotme

Nothing specially wrong with the Brute modeling there. The whole picture seems washed out / uninteresting graphically, and definitely not a next-gen look. But the modeling per se? I see no issue there.

Judging the game because of that specif Craig face that became a meme, would be like juding Uncharted 2 for the following screenshot:

Hhh.JPG
Except one isn't an official image released by the publisher

LordOfChaos

Phil also said in that interview that they may put a Craig somewhere in the game, that's what I said they should do! Just have him hidden somewhere like the thirsty grunt in Halo CE

Schmick

It really is,

Put it as an easter egg in Halo:Infinite, acknowledge the memes at best, but to wear it as a badge of honour? This ain't no Peter Moore GTA tattoo.
Its acknowledging their mistakes. Which in my opinion is the much better outcome.

Plus you are forgetting, its a video game! A lot of teenagers out there would find this funny. Good way of winning back the Halo doubters.

Those who are having a hard time with this, I suspect, are those who can dish it out cant take the fact that MS/343 can dish it back in their direction.

Kev Kev

So so so soooooooo cringy that they are trying to be cool dudes about this 🤦‍♂️

Just take your licks and move on, this is making you guys look so much more douchey

Those who are having a hard time with this, I suspect, are those who can dish it out cant take the fact that MS/343 can dish it back in their direction.
The problem is they aren’t dishing out anything good, funny or even remotely close to the idea of cool. They are trying to get out ahead of a joke by being self deprecating, which shows they have zero humility. Their is maybe a way they could have done it and it would have been cool or funny...

but what 343i is doing is just plain hackey. It’s not funny and makes them less likeable

Last edited:
Top Bottom