• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces renewed Trademark for "Killer Instinct"

Xero

found another one gaf

OrchidSideLg.jpg

OrchidBack.jpg

EDIT: found the guy in the cosplays facebook page https://www.facebook.com/TheIncredibleHoangster

Here is a small article someone did on him and his girlfriend too.
http://8bitcubist.com/blog/2011/09/24/meet-david-the-cosplay-connoisseur/

DOuble Edit: actually not sure if thats the same person on facebook.

Zee-Row

Banned
It was weird how in Killer Instinct 2 they made Orchid , the jungle girl and the ninja chick look like relatives of Janet and Latoya Jackson.

Xero

(Note: This is creepy. But I do this for GAF.)

I had just found the unreality posts about them and was about to post.

Funny enought the fugly orchic csoplay is from a website you can buy the costume at apparently. She's the one they picked to model it.

charsace

I would love to see new:

Weapon Lord(These guys make NBA 2k so I doubt the same team would do it :()
Killer Instinct(Seems to be coming.)
Eternal Champion(Stupid fucking SEGA killed this because they wanted all the focus on virtual fighters.)

I would love to see new:

Eternal Champion(Stupid fucking SEGA killed this because they wanted all the focus on virtual fighters.)

Eternal Champions had some of the best and most unique fatalities.

abadguy

Banned
What if a new KI is turns out to not be a fighter, but actually an action game in the vein of Bayonetta and DMC, starring B Orchid?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Yeah, but why specifically mention it on the PlayXBLA website?

Note: it's first time trademark has appeared under MS name at USPTO

I would expect XBLA versions of at least the original game... Maybe both KI 1/2

Maybe as a lead up to KI3

I hope if they do release KI for XBLA that it sells as well as street fighter did ( 1.5 mil+ ) - MK and street fighter basically started their relaunches that way

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
What if a new KI is turns out to not be a fighter, but actually an action game in the vein of Bayonetta and DMC, starring B Orchid?
I was actually expecting a multiplayer brawler from this license. Maybe even with guns. So basically Anarchy Reigns with a larger budget.

ptuck874

I would love to see new:

I <3'ed that game so much....

BJWanlund

Made a quick video talking about the announcement/history of KI

NEW Killer Instinct Announcement
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rF1qpFEuPo

Max, awesome video (and your Borderlands 2 videos are quite awesome BTW). I can't wait to see what happens with this, and I'd love for you and Matt to not only play SNES games on video, but also get into the Killer Instinct stuff and have you actually SHOW us your KI skills and why you love the series so much.

I'm just going to put some names out there and ask what grabs you and why? Rare, Namco, Dimps, Capcom, SNK, NRS, Arc Systems Works, Team Ninja, SCE Superbot, SSM, Sega-AM2, Platinum.

Rare: They've always been one of those devs that I have always given not that much of a chance, but now I may need to (but NOT their godawful looking Kinect titles). Especially Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Perfect Dark, and KI. I played so much Goldeneye it wasn't even funny, but I never really got into any of their other games back in the day. Time to remedy that, I guess.

Namco: Soul Calibur is AWESOME (and I can't wait for the new Smash Bros game that Namco's working on), but I never really got into Tekken save for Tag Tournament 1 on PS2.

Dimps: Never heard of that one, but if they co-developed several Capcom titles, then okay. Not sure they'd be able to handle a proper KI3, though. They always seem to be asked to handle someone else's property, and even then you kinda have to wonder if they've got enough experience to handle it on their own.

Capcom: Love the company, but some of their business decisions (specifically that wacko one to cancel all those MegaMan titles) just left a bad taste in my mouth. Their recent AA/Gyaku-Sai related announcements will go a very long way towards my eventual forgiveness of them for the really stupid stuff they've done of recent.

SNK: I actually vividly remember one of their beat-em-ups, King of the Monsters 2, and I remember absolutely going NUTS for that game. I really like SNK as a developer, but wow did KOF13's art direction totally suck for someone like me who really knew KOF back in the days I used to see NeoGeo arcade cabs in convenience stores (ahh, those were the days).

NRS: MK9 was freaking fantastic, but being a Sindel main, I felt they didn't balance the game to fit her fairly evil mixups and impressive chains enough. Kung Lao is too godlike in that game, and it is kinda upsetting to me, as I'm actually not that big a Kung Lao fan. (But then again I always went for the blue ninja, Sub-Zero, instead of Scorpion. I know, I know, Scorpion's waaaaaay better, but Sub-Zero does have his merits!) If NRS were to touch KI, they're probably the best option outside of assembling a team within MGS to develop KI3.

ArcSys: BlazBlue is one of my all-time favorite game series. Not that I'd want them going anywhere near KI, though, as 2D game developers and game series almost NEVER transition well into 3D (see: Worms).

Team Ninja: I have yet to forgive them for what was frankly two very awful games (Metroid: Other M and DoA: Dimensions). Keep Team Ninja AWAY from this franchise, as they'd more than likely screw it up.

SCE Superbot: What i've seen of PS All Stars looks kinda cool, but I don't think they know what they're getting into in terms of all the exploits that the FGC comes into contact with, and this looks like it'll be cracked wide open in terms of the combo system right away.

SSM: Never heard of these guys.

Sega-AM2: Sega on the whole has some serious issues, and I'd be surprised if Sega did much of anything with their OWN franchises, let alone be handed KI. (Still waiting on some Panzer Dragoon, Skies, and Shenmue love, Sega!)

Platinum: I've not really played much of Platinum's games, but I'm actually kinda interested in The Wonderful 101 on Wii U.

I'd buy that for ten dollars. The two arcade games never got a proper home port- KI Gold for the N74 was close, but it was missing the ending cinematics, IIRC. Maybe a few other things, too.

Frankly, arcade-perfect ports (even including the infamous announcer telling you "Available for your home in 1995, ONLY on Nintendo Ultra 64!") of both KI1 and KI2 would be pretty awesome. 4J looks to have done such a fairly credible job with porting Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and Perfect Dark to XBLA that I wouldn't mind at all if they tackled Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2.

Im not familiar with the franchise but it looks pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXHshj4lsvo

I think that a lot of people, once exposed to the franchise through Microsoft's XBLA service, will definitely want more of it, and KI3 for the next Xbox would be a major selling point for sure.

I, for one, am going to go on record right here and right now and say the following: IF Microsoft announces HD remakes of KI1 and KI2 for XBLA, then I will unequivocally buy an Xbox 360 again JUST for those two games alone (along with Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie and Perfect Dark among all the other XBLA games). There, I said it.

BJ

abadguy

Banned
Max, awesome video (and your Borderlands 2 videos are quite awesome BTW). I can't wait to see what happens with this, and I'd love for you and Matt to not only play SNES games on video, but also get into the Killer Instinct stuff and have you actually SHOW us your KI skills and why you love the series so much.

Rare: They've always been one of those devs that I have always given not that much of a chance, but now I may need to (but NOT their godawful looking Kinect titles). Especially Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, Perfect Dark, and KI. I played so much Goldeneye it wasn't even funny, but I never really got into any of their other games back in the day. Time to remedy that, I guess.

Namco: Soul Calibur is AWESOME (and I can't wait for the new Smash Bros game that Namco's working on), but I never really got into Tekken save for Tag Tournament 1 on PS2.

Dimps: Never heard of that one, but if they co-developed several Capcom titles, then okay. Not sure they'd be able to handle a proper KI3, though. [They always seem to be asked to handle someone else's property, and even then you kinda have to wonder if they've got enough experience to handle it on their own.

Capcom: Love the company, but some of their business decisions (specifically that wacko one to cancel all those MegaMan titles) just left a bad taste in my mouth. Their recent AA/Gyaku-Sai related announcements will go a very long way towards my eventual forgiveness of them for the really stupid stuff they've done of recent.

SNK: I actually vividly remember one of their beat-em-ups, King of the Monsters 2, and I remember absolutely going NUTS for that game. I really like SNK as a developer, but wow did KOF13's art direction totally suck for someone like me who really knew KOF back in the days I used to see NeoGeo arcade cabs in convenience stores (ahh, those were the days).

NRS: MK9 was freaking fantastic, but being a Sindel main, I felt they didn't balance the game to fit her fairly evil mixups and impressive chains enough. Kung Lao is too godlike in that game, and it is kinda upsetting to me, as I'm actually not that big a Kung Lao fan. (But then again I always went for the blue ninja, Sub-Zero, instead of Scorpion. I know, I know, Scorpion's waaaaaay better, but Sub-Zero does have his merits!) If NRS were to touch KI, they're probably the best option outside of assembling a team within MGS to develop KI3.

ArcSys: BlazBlue is one of my all-time favorite game series. Not that I'd want them going anywhere near KI, though, as 2D game developers and game series almost NEVER transition well into 3D (see: Worms).

Team Ninja: I have yet to forgive them for what was frankly two very awful games (Metroid: Other M and DoA: Dimensions). Keep Team Ninja AWAY from this franchise, as they'd more than likely screw it up.

SCE Superbot: What i've seen of PS All Stars looks kinda cool, but I don't think they know what they're getting into in terms of all the exploits that the FGC comes into contact with, and this looks like it'll be cracked wide open in terms of the combo system right away.

SSM: Never heard of these guys.

Sega-AM2: Sega on the whole has some serious issues, and I'd be surprised if Sega did much of anything with their OWN franchises, let alone be handed KI. (Still waiting on some Panzer Dragoon, Skies, and Shenmue love, Sega!)

Platinum: I've not really played much of Platinum's games, but I'm actually kinda interested in The Wonderful 101 on Wii U.

Frankly, arcade-perfect ports (even including the infamous announcer telling you "Available for your home in 1995, ONLY on Nintendo Ultra 64!") of both KI1 and KI2 would be pretty awesome. 4J looks to have done such a fairly credible job with porting Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie, and Perfect Dark to XBLA that I wouldn't mind at all if they tackled Killer Instinct and Killer Instinct 2.

I think that a lot of people, once exposed to the franchise through Microsoft's XBLA service, will definitely want more of it, and KI3 for the next Xbox would be a major selling point for sure.

I, for one, am going to go on record right here and right now and say the following: IF Microsoft announces HD remakes of KI1 and KI2 for XBLA, then I will unequivocally buy an Xbox 360 again JUST for those two games alone (along with Banjo-Kazooie, Banjo-Tooie and Perfect Dark among all the other XBLA games). There, I said it.

BJ

I think DIMPS would be pretty good for a new KI, they would do a better job than Rare anyway.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Dimps: Never heard of that one, but if they co-developed several Capcom titles, then okay. Not sure they'd be able to handle a proper KI3, though. They always seem to be asked to handle someone else's property, and even then you kinda have to wonder if they've got enough experience to handle it on their own..

Dimps is made up of ex-SNK people who were responsible for a crapload of SNK's best fighters, and a lot of them were with Capcom before that. Their company has more fighting game experience than basically any other.

adelante

The fuuuuuucccccckk?? It's nice to be reminded of that hot cosplay chick, thinking there's a followup to the KI trademark news however, not cool man. NOT cool.

this thread man, came in here to read about a possible KI sequel and instead get distracted for 20 mins..i mean 2 mins watching these gifs...

Top Bottom