• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces Xbox Games Showcase on June 11 prior to Starfield Direct

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I'll be in a muddy wet field, drinking a warm beer, watching Slipknot / Parkway / Ghost :messenger_tears_of_joy:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
The cynic in me wants to believe that they had no intention of releasing this within the "one year" timeframe they laid out at their showcase last year, and this was always the gameplan.

. . .and September is a terrible month as this is LITERALLY a week after Baldur's Gate 3.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Save The Date GIF by Fanshawe College

graywolf323

Gold Member
The cynic in me wants to believe that they had no intention of releasing this within the "one year" timeframe they laid out at their showcase last year, and this was always the gameplan.

. . .and September is a terrible month as this is LITERALLY a week after Baldur's Gate 3.
I think some of us called that out during the event as unlikely but accused of being haters

how many of those games did MS claim were coming within a year are actually making it? Redfall and? basically never trust Xbox Marketing/PR (or any PR really)

Last edited:

Daneel Elijah

Gold Member
The not E3 this year is announced a lot earlier than others years, right? I looked for last year and it was announced in the last days of April. Nice to have the info now. And Starfied will have its own direct after it so I hope news for Fable and Avowed.

Fingers crossed it’s better than last years which I thought was disappointing and overly filled with bland first person games.

Chukhopops

I think some of us called that out during the event as unlikely but accused of being haters

how many of those games did MS claim were coming within a year are actually making it? Redfall and? basically never trust Xbox Marketing/PR (or any PR really)
Actually out of all games/expansions announced last year 18 are either already out or have a confirmed H1 release date.

4 more are kinda unknown but could release H1.

The vast majority released during the announced timeframe.

A teaser trailer announcing a showcase in 3 months when this game was supposed to be out last Nov lol.

I could care less about seeing a showcase at this point, with so many games coming out between now and June. I will just wait for the game to be released and ignore the showcase/ previews.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Actually out of all games/expansions announced last year 18 are either already out or have a confirmed H1 release date.

4 more are kinda unknown but could release H1.

The vast majority released during the announced timeframe.

The showcase is still online. STALKER 2 and STARFIELD are the big ones clearly not making the cut, and I seriously doubt ARK 2 or EIYUDEN surprise releasing in three months either. I guess they could also just drop FORZA MOTORSPORT to "make a splash" but I wouldn't hold my breath. Everything else is just a hodge podge of whatever (and now that I've really taken a look at that chart it is pretty anemic, 20% of their 2023 schedule are RIOT games).

Just saw this. And hilarious for a few reasons: wasn't this guy RELENTLESSLY mocked for shilling for CDPR, but now we're going to put forward this tweet as a sweet source of optimism, despite this "cadence" being half "showcases." Like who is happy to get a "showcase" instead of games.

Anyone else remember the hilarious rumor making the rounds on Twitter and among many on this forum that big bad Microsoft was pressuring Bethesda to release Starfield ASAP to make up for a "disappointing" sales quarter

Nope.

Last edited:

Chukhopops

The showcase is still online. STALKER 2 and STARFIELD are the big ones clearly not making the cut, and I seriously doubt ARK 2 or EIYUDEN surprise releasing in three months either. I guess they could also just drop FORZA MOTORSPORT to "make a splash" but I wouldn't hold my breath. Everything else is just a hodge podge of whatever (and now that I've really taken a look at that chart it is pretty anemic, 20% of their 2023 schedule are RIOT games).
What are you even talking about?

I’m responding to a post about whether games announced during the showcase will actually release on time for the “next twelve months” promise to be true. And 18 games shown in the showcase will make it or already have made it, that’s just a fact.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Anyone else remember the hilarious rumor making the rounds on Twitter and among many on this forum that big bad Microsoft was pressuring Bethesda to release Starfield ASAP to make up for a "disappointing" sales quarter :messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy::messenger_tears_of_joy:

The things people will come up with SMH
I remember a few saying that but I told someone on one of these threads a few weeks back, might have been Topher Topher , that Starfield needed another year and they almost got it :)

Jigsaah

Gold Member

Hmmm...calculating (feel free to correct or add information, just going off what I know)

List of Microsoft's studios and their releases in the past 3 years
- 343 Industries - Already released Halo
- The Coalition - Gears 5
- Compulsion Games - ....
- Double Fine - Psychonauts 2
- The Initiative - ....
- InXile Entertainment - Wasteland 3? Can't remember when that came out.
- Mojang Studios - Mincraft Dungeons
- Ninja theory - ....
- Obsidian - The Outer Worlds, Grounded
- PlayGround Games - Forza horizon 5
- Rare - ....(Sea of Thieves Content updates...eh it's something)
- Turn 10 - ....
- Undead Labs - ....
- World's Edge - Age of Empires IV
- Bethesda Softworks - Well because it's a collective of studios, I'll name those separately
- Arkane Studios - Deathloop
- id Software - ....
- Machine games - ....
- Roundhouse Studios - ....
- Tango Gameworks - Hi-Fi Rush, Ghostwire: Tokyo
- Zenimax Online Studios - ESO expansions

Ok separate the ones with nothing released - what are they working on?
- Compulsion Games - Codename: Midnight?
- The Initiative - Perfect Dark (far off)
- Ninja Theory - Hellblade II
- Turn 10 - Forza 7
- Undead Labs - State of Decay 3 (no news...far off?)
- id Software - Whatchu up to bruh?
- Machine Games - You got somethin to show me?
- Roundhouse Studios - Redfall...cool
- Rare - Everwild

Now include studios who have made releases in the past 3 years along with in which we have some idea of what they are working on now
- Playground Games - Fable (far off)
- Obsidian - Avowed, The Outer Worlds 2 (far off)
- Arkane Studios/ Roundhouse - Redfall

So all in all...in development, just the games and release info/speculation
Codename: Midnight (far off........2026?)
Perfect Dark (far off, 2025?)
Hellblade II (2023?)
Forza 7 (2023?)
State of Decay 3 (no news, 2024?)
Redfall (2023)
Starfield (2023)
Everwild (far off, 2025?)
Fable (far off, 2025?)
Avowed (far off 2024?)
The Outer Worlds 2 (far off, 2025?)

Conclusion: YO IS 2024 GONNA SUCK for Xbox first party?!!?

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
What are you even talking about?

I’m responding to a post about whether games announced during the showcase will actually release on time for the “next twelve months” promise to be true. And 18 games shown in the showcase will make it or already have made it, that’s just a fact.

Literally what you just referenced in your comment. What do YOU think I am talking about?

Chukhopops

Literally what you just referenced in your comment. What do YOU think I am talking about?
Are you saying you disagree with what I counted or you simply don’t like the games from the showcase? The latter is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Anyway, to make things clearer here’s the list of games / expansions from the showcase released or releasing within twelve months from it:
- High on Life (out)
- Diablo 4 (June 6)
- Redfall (May)
- Flight Sim 40th anniversary (out)
- Overwatch 2 (out)
- ESO expansion (out)
- Plague Tale Requiem (out)
- FO76 expansion (out)
- FH5 expansion (out)
- Scorn (out)
- Minecraft Legends (April)
- Gunfire Reborn (out)
- Benedict Fox (April)
- As Dusk Falls (out)
- Naraka Bladepoint (out)
- Pentiment (out)
- Grounded (out)
- SoT season 7 (out)
- Wo Long (out)

And a couple more could still make it in time.

Are you saying you disagree with what I counted or you simply don’t like the games from the showcase? The latter is completely irrelevant to the discussion.

Anyway, to make things clearer here’s the list of games / expansions from the showcase released or releasing within twelve months from it:
- High on Life (out)
- Diablo 4 (June 6)
- Redfall (May)
- Flight Sim 40th anniversary (out)
- Overwatch 2 (out)
- ESO expansion (out)
- Plague Tale Requiem (out)
- FO76 expansion (out)
- FH5 expansion (out)
- Scorn (out)
- Minecraft Legends (April)
- Gunfire Reborn (out)
- Benedict Fox (April)
- As Dusk Falls (out)
- Naraka Bladepoint (out)
- Pentiment (out)
- Grounded (out)
- SoT season 7 (out)
- Wo Long (out)

And a couple more could still make it in time.
Of that whole list I’m actually only looking forward to Diablo 4 (hypuh) and minecraft legends (lets see what it is). High on Life was fun.

Last edited:
Top Bottom