• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft are going to announce The Acquisition of SEGA next Wednesday (Believe!)

Bryank75

Banned
I think more people are laughing at people coming into this thread to say ‘why are you still posting here?’ and ‘This is bullshit you’re all mad’ (or to that effect).

I mean, to anyone who doesn’t like it, hit that ignore thread button and move the fuck on 👍🏻
Well, it is a bit of an anomaly on the forum....but alright! Have fun I guess....

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
This is the best thread on GAF at the moment. It's nightmare fuel for PS fans everytime it gets updated
photofunky.gif

Sega is not relevant in 2020 and has never been good anyway.
ATLUS ? It's not Sega !
DO YOU HEAR ME !?!

Last edited:
Honestly all I want is for Microsoft to get the Alpha Protocol IP from Sega, the rest don't matter. I'm planning to get a PS5 next year so I'm covered either way for Persona 6 regardless of console.

Alpha Protocol is one of my favorite games ever and I really want Obsidian to get another crack at it. I love medieval/sci-fi/fantasy/post apocalyptic RPG's as much as the next guy but I'm ready for modern day stuff too. A modern day spy rpg was a dream come true and I want more of it.

Last edited:
Have both consoles pre-ordered. Honestly at this point I wouldn't even care. Hell, perhaps it would even help in getting way more quality Sonic games!

Mmnow

I still don't get why MS would want SEGA, can anyone explain the benefit of this?
They'd get a few very big PC IPs/devs in Total War and Football Manager, gain a few iconic characters, get access to a treasure trove of AA IP that'd sit nicely on Gamepass and wouldn't take a million years to turn around, and would get some hugely popular Japanese games like Persona for xCloud.

It'd be a good get for Microsoft, I just can't see it happening.

Mmnow

I've noticed if you look for patterns in tweets, several people are secretly confirming the upcoming Wednesday announcement. Obviously they don't want to break NDA so they hide it.

njgNuNS.png

l16D6rl.jpg

MYqDC3s.jpg

The font in that last picture nearly killed me before I got to see Microsoft buy Sega tomorrow. Bad show.

fallingdove

Gamers are a mistake.

I find it odd that Xbox fans are so excited about a massive corporation buying up/consolidating studios. The same people that say competition is good and everyone should be able to play the games they want, where they want.

You are talking about a player in the console space (Microsoft) with the worst track record of managing studios and developing content. (Microsoft couldn't keep their prize jewel Bungie happy and they were only managing ~5 studios at the time, what do you think will happen when they are managing 50 — organization and structure are real things and they don't develop overnight, even with the simplest of structures) And it's all because you want to add to your bulleted list of console warz talking points that you ignore what a major consolidation of studios would mean for the very hobby that you profess to be so passionate about.

Let's get the popcorn! Extra salt for me please. :messenger_beaming:

Gamers are a mistake.

I find it odd that Xbox fans are so excited about a massive corporation buying up/consolidating studios. The same people that say competition is good and everyone should be able to play the games they want, where they want.

You are talking about a player in the console space (Microsoft) with the worst track record of managing studios and developing content. (Microsoft couldn't keep their prize jewel Bungie happy and they were only managing ~5 studios at the time, what do you think will happen when they are managing 50 — organization and structure are real things and they don't develop overnight, even with the simplest of structures) And it's all because you want to add to your bulleted list of console warz talking points that you ignore what a major consolidation of studios would mean for the very hobby that you profess to be so passionate about.

Microsoft is not a person, they are a company. And the people who make up the company have changed since the days of Bungie. You are trying to seem smart and rational but are coming across as neither, sad!

martino

Gamers are a mistake.

i'm not a fan of xbox buying too much studios but at same time why assume MS back then is the current MS ?
imo MS is not more evil than the competition.

Last edited:

fallingdove

Microsoft is not a person, they are a company. And the people who make up the company have changed since the days of Bungie. You are trying to seem smart and rational but are coming across as neither, sad!
Not trying to sound smart or rational. But god dammit, I feel awful that I failed to impress a nobody on the internet. Boo hoo.

So Microsoft replaced 1k+ Xbox employees? What about the 150k Microsoft employees that influence how Xbox operates? A lot of the Xbox leadership today was there during the Bungie days not to mention it is a hell of a lot harder to change culture than it is to hire people.

Top Bottom