• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft are going to announce The Acquisition of SEGA next Wednesday (Believe!)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
tumblr_mt2olc3Dq41s75k4ao1_500.gif

LordCBH

What if we were wrong and they’re not buying Sega? What if they’re actually purchasing...the entire glorious land of Japan?!

HOLY CRAP!!! I've uncovered the greatest secret of our time!

hngvLZZ.jpg

There's no denying it at this point, the mountains of evidence point to only one possibility:

Microsoft will be announcing that they are buying Sega this Wednesday, and they will also be announcing a new Blinx the Timesweeper game in conjunction with Sega next Wednesday!

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

Japanese companies never sell to americans

unwritten rule

Disney/Marvel is never getting Spiderman back
Why should Sony sell Spiderman?
It is their money cash currently. AFAIK Marvel has to pay Sony for every movie they want to include Spiderman, Sony made at least 3/4 Movies and is IMO one of the PS Mascots.
They even used the Spiderman Font on the PS3 (or used the PS3 font on Spiderman???)

But with Sega it is a bit different IMO
They are sitting on so many classic IPs and I think their software output could be much higher.
Additionally with Atlus (if they should be included etc.) they have a very strong JRPG powerhouse, which can move consoles/ Gamepass subs in Japan.
Imagine Persona 6 exclusively for Xbox Ecosystem for example.

At the moment there were some strange hints probably from both sides and somehow I want to believe that there is something going on.

Unfortunately only Phil Spencer can tell us, what's going on.
What I don't get is, of there should be anything like this, why wait so long??
The pre-orders are already up etc.

They changed the title of the thread and added "it didn't happen" lol. so why are people still upset that this thread is up.

It probably wont be acquisition. A partnership seems more likely and thats worth talking about. If gamepass gets to 40-50 million subs publishers are going to put games on Gamepass Day 1 because that's where all the gamers are and MS may incentive Sega to do it.. I bet you anything Sega is the first japanese publisher that makes that jump. why wouldn't they be?

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Why should Sony sell Spiderman?
It is their money cash currently. AFAIK Marvel has to pay Sony for every movie they want to include Spiderman, Sony made at least 3/4 Movies and is IMO one of the PS Mascots.
They even used the Spiderman Font on the PS3 (or used the PS3 font on Spiderman???)

But with Sega it is a bit different IMO
They are sitting on so many classic IPs and I think their software output could be much higher.
Additionally with Atlus (if they should be included etc.) they have a very strong JRPG powerhouse, which can move consoles/ Gamepass subs in Japan.
Imagine Persona 6 exclusively for Xbox Ecosystem for example.

At the moment there were some strange hints probably from both sides and somehow I want to believe that there is something going on.

Unfortunately only Phil Spencer can tell us, what's going on.
What I don't get is, of there should be anything like this, why wait so long??
The pre-orders are already up etc.
Did you see a black car ? I'm looking for sailors.

MrFunSocks

Banned
Japanese companies never sell to americans

unwritten rule

Disney/Marvel is never getting Spiderman back
Disney/Marvel get Spiderman back the second sony don't release a Spider Man movie to theatres within 3 years of the previous movie. If sony were to get out of making movies or some shit went seriously sideways with making of a spider man movie, Marvel would get Spider Man back without having to pay a cent.

Flintty

Even more entertaining than the memes and speculation is seeing people come in here every Wed crying and asking why this thread is still a thing 😂 You all know the score at this point, you don’t need to ask that question.

MastaKiiLA

*looks at Yakuza complaints*

Why did/does anyone actually want this to happen? Sega died at the turn of the century. May they rest in peace.

Flintty

There's a new "this Wednesday" every week yall, and a new page in this thread...

Yup. If it doesn’t happen next Wednesday, I think we might to face reality and just accept the inevitable. Be honest with ourselves and admit that it may actually not be announced on Wednesday, but Thursday instead 💡

the_master

So we are one day away.
I wonder how will they announce the breaking news tomorrow.
Remakes of all sega arcades and consoles, the resurrection of Smilebit and the games for Xbox. Completely new IPs...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Crusader of Centy II for the Series X or we riot

Top Bottom