• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Ashen and Cuphead are "lifetime" console exclusives

Was just mentioned on the Xbox E3 daily show. Both games are confirmed for PC as well.

Cuphead_CutScene.0.png

beneath.jpg

mapet318

Banned
Cuphead, just from a visual standpoint, looks fantastic. It's a shame it'll be an exclusive because I don't plan on getting an Xbox

It's so good to see everyone pushing and funding weird indie downloadable games like these. Cuphead looks like a Masterpiece, and kudos to MS for presumably helping to fund it.

Cuphead, just from a visual standpoint, looks fantastic. It's a shame it'll be an exclusive because I don't plan on getting an Xbox

You'll be able to play it on a PC and maybe even on Mac/iOS/Android.

Ah well. Hopefully Microsoft is giving them a good amount of dev support because of this. Wish this games were out there for more players though.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Cuphead looking way more fun than No Man's Sky IMO.

FuturusX

It's interestingly ironic that Cuphead if it were not coming to PC, would make me buy and Xbox like now.

I'm definitely jumping in eventually. But that would get me to pony up real fast. What a visual feast that game looks to be.

Sendou

Loving this console exclusive trend. While MS and Sony shovel money to projects PC gamers reap the benefits.

Dr. Buni

Exclusivity is never a good thing. Thankfully I have a good PC, so I will be able to play Cuphead, at least.

What about Ashen: Complete Edition and Cuphead: Filler Up?
Haha, exactly.

Both games look great, but Cuphead's visual style floors me. Dunno if I could deal with being in a world like that for hours on end, but damn am I glad that somebody had the inspiration and made it happen.

Zomba13

I really love how so many "exclusives" are also on PC. It's really great for me even though I have everything I prefer PC when I can. Consoles still have exclusive exclusives like Halo and Uncharted so and often time timed exclusivity on things that might come to PC eventually (like FF Type-0 HD).

hawk2025

Exclusivity is never a good thing. Thankfully I have a good PC, so I will be able to play Cuphead, at least.

How so?

What if they couldn't get the game done as envisioned without signing a contract?

...you know what, I'm tired of discussing all this funding stuff here. It's hopeless.

Eusis

Huh, good thing E3 sold me on an XB1 fully, though there was enough that when it was convenient I'd want one.

... And that I can always get on PC if it takes too long to get THAT convenient. Actually, come to think of it PC's sort of looking like some sort of neutral ground where everything can come together (as long as it isn't Destiny seriously what the shit Bungie.)

Top Bottom