• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft clarifies: FIFA 14 only free for pre-orders in "Tier 1" countries

Microsoft are being confusing as usual. Not sure if this has been specified on GAF, but FIFA 14 will only come with pre-orders of Xbox One in the 13 countries that the console will launch in in 2013. The other countries, which will get Xbox One in 2014, will not be getting FIFA 14 with their pre-order. Those who pre-ordered the console before August 20 will get two AAA games (not sure which, though they're not Kinect games), however those who pre-order the console now will not get any games for free with their system, at least nothing has been announced for now.

Makes no sense. As usual.

Source is in Swedish: http://www.eurogamer.se/articles/2013-08-21-inget-fifa-14-med-xbox-one-i-sverige

EDIT:

So US is getting It then?

Sorry, I forgot about that. The source says that the 13 countries where the console launch in in 2013 will get it, but that's probably a mistake since Microsoft said it's only for Europe. Unless they've changed their minds again. I seriously have no clue with Microsoft any more, but I think it's safe to say that US won't be getting it. So much for clarifying, haha.

UPDATE:

So, it's basically like this;

oBNp5Jp.png

Usobuko

Banned
I don't know what to say. Should it be for tier 2 countries where the console was being delayed?

Microsoft is helping Sony to sell PS4 all these while.

Einbroch

Banned
Isn't this like, the opposite of what they should be doing? The free game should be an "oops, sorry for the delay here's a free game."

wildfire

Banned
Microsoft are being confusing as usual. Not sure if this has been specified on GAF, but FIFA 14 will only come with pre-orders of Xbox One in the 13 countries that the console will launch in in 2013. The other countries, which will get Xbox One in 2014, will not be getting FIFA 14 with their pre-order. Those who pre-ordered the console before August 20 will get two AAA games (not sure which, though they're not Kinect games), however those who pre-order the console now will not get any games for free with their system, at least nothing has been announced for now.

Makes no sense. As usual.

Source is in Swedish: http://www.eurogamer.se/articles/2013-08-21-inget-fifa-14-med-xbox-one-i-sverige

The twitter post said FIFA was free for this year.

You failed to read and are blaming the company for your error.

Bgamer90

Banned
Will wait to see what MS officially says.

Based on this though, all tier 1 countries will be getting FIFA for free? Seems like Madden for US would be a smarter move.

Yeah, this needs more clarification.

Tourmeta

Tier 2 should still get a compensation game, although that seems a bit worse now we lose out on free Fifa as well. We'll see what it turns out to be.

Hana-Bi

Isn't this like, the opposite of what they should be doing? The free game should be an "oops, sorry for the delay here's a free game."

Yeah, they already give two free games for that.

Besides - Phil Spencer said that there will be other bundles they will announce at a later date.

But didn't they already promise a free game for Tier 2 Europe?
So Tier 1 gets FIFA for pre-orders
Tier 2 gets as of yet unannounced game to make up for delayed launch

Or something.

Portugeezer

It's like Microsoft employees had a competition to make the most trivial offer they could think of.

But didn't they already promise a free game for Tier 2 Europe?
So Tier 1 gets FIFA for pre-orders
Tier 2 gets as of yet unannounced game to make up for delayed launch

Or something.

I believe it's only if you had already pre-ordered and they delayed it, which is like 100 people in Tier 2 Europe.

MMaRsu

Banned
Why would anyone in Tier2 countries want Fifa14 when it launches around late march/april in those countries?

Better to give away games like Forza5/DR3 with it.

persongr

No, giving FIFA for free is just a measure to gain foothold in the strong european markets (UK,France,Germany etc), everything else is just an irrelevant excuse.

Tiglet

Banned
('-') .o0 (32 > 13)

They know nobody in the tier2 or shittier countries will wait for FIFA when it's already out on PS4.

I don't know what to say. Should it be for tier 2 countries where the console was being delayed?

Microsoft is helping Sony to sell PS4 all these while.

This. Otherwise what on earth is the point? I thught this was given as sweetener. A thank you for waiting, type thing.

As for the August 20th cutoff date...Wut?

syko de4d

why must everything be so confusing about XBox One and MS PR?

They just should have added Forza5 with every console, Racing games are popular in any country.

Talon

On one hand, I get prioritizing the bigger countries in the region.

But seriously Microsoft. "Bundled in Europe" /= "Bundled in the largest countries in Europe."

Sintoid

They already told that Tier 2 countries will have additional games to apologize for the delay... am I wrong?

So US is getting It then?

Sorry, I forgot about that. The source says that the 13 countries where the console launch in in 2013 will get it, but that's probably a mistake since Microsoft said it's only for Europe. Unless they've changed their minds again. I seriously have no clue with Microsoft any more, but I think it's safe to say that US won't be getting it. So much for clarifying, haha.

Ein Bear

I seriously can't believe that Microsoft are using 'Tiers' in their PR. They're literally telling customers in 'Tier 2' places that they aren't as important to them, and don't matter.

Top Bottom