• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft dev "Flight Simulator on Xbox will be just as amazing as on PC. Some things might be even better."

Looking forward to seeing what they can do on the base Xbox One.

Source

Preview:

k_5ndH.gif

If he's talking XSX then it might be true (*ahem* load times). Not the rest tho.

If he's talking the XBOS......................

sendit

If he's talking XSX then it might be true (*ahem* load times). Not the rest tho.

If he's talking the XBOS......................

Yep. Exactly this. Would love for VFXveteran to chime in on this.

Predicted response:

“Just add more ram, bro”

Last edited:
It's not going to be better. Don't kid yourself.

The game uses a very large amount of RAM. The most I've seen is 12GB of VRAM and 22GB of System RAM.

And the fastest SSD in the world won't change that.

Having said that, the simple fact that the game is currently running on DX11 and not DX12 means that there's a TON more optimization that can still be done.... and will be done. So performance is only going to get better with time.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I can see it working on the Series X especially if gets dumbed down for a controller and the game gets DX12. It could maybe even work on the Series S if they turn down the resolution and turn off a lot of features.

But NO way can I see this game on the XB1, unless it looks like this:

848066.jpg

Last edited:

VFXVeteran

Banned
You guys are getting worked up over nothing. He never mentioned the visuals as something that will be better. Maybe they'll have special Xbox fireworks or something when you fly over Seattle. Don't sweat it.

VFXVeteran

Banned
I can see it working on the Series X especially if gets dumbed down for a controller and the game gets DX12. It could maybe even work on the Series S if they turn down the resolution and turn off a lot of features.

But NO way can I see this game on the XB1, unless it looks like this:

848066.jpg

XSX has no hope of running this flight sim as is on the PC. The 2080Ti has no hope really (it bogs down below 30FPS easily over cities). The sim was meant for the Ampere line of cards.. specifically the 3090.

PerfectDark

Banned
So great that just before release they pulled it from Xbox One and removed the release date and just said PC only. A game they talked about on Xbox One for the last year.

The only game and only reason I had Xbox One X, S a month ago.

MS is like Trump with everything they tell you is a flat out lie. They sound just like him.

"We have the best people in the world working at MS"

"Nobody does what we do for gamers"

"This game is a Xbox exclusive" Releases on PC 3 months later, then PS4 9 months after that.

"Halo next gen will blow you away" Show the game on a high end gaming PC and looks like a Xbox 360 game.

"We are investing in tons of new devs and studios" No new game in sight and next gen has nothing period.

Same as politics. One sucks less then the other but they both suck.

rob305

So great that just before release they pulled it from Xbox One and removed the release date and just said PC only. A game they talked about on Xbox One for the last year.

The only game and only reason I had Xbox One X, S a month ago.

MS is like Trump with everything they tell you is a flat out lie. They sound just like him.

"We have the best people in the world working at MS"

"Nobody does what we do for gamers"

"This game is a Xbox exclusive" Releases on PC 3 months later, then PS4 9 months after that.

"Halo next gen will blow you away" Show the game on a high end gaming PC and looks like a Xbox 360 game.

"We are investing in tons of new devs and studios" No new game in sight and next gen has nothing period.

Same as politics. One sucks less then the other but they both suck.
065.gif

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Trolling?

Not really. I know MSFS like my back pocket, and I can guarantee that not a single aspect of the game will be better on Xbox One. It'll be a miracle if it won't be too much worse.

Mind you, the person being interviewed isn't exactly working on the technical side of the sim, so it's not surprising that he's giving what's essentially a marketing spiel. Funny that this site thought it was newsworthy at all, but knowing their habit of spinning out irrelevant news from their mediocre interviews, I'm not surprised.

Journey

Banned
Not really. I know MSFS like my back pocket, and I can guarantee that not a single aspect of the game will be better on Xbox One. It'll be a miracle if it won't be too much worse.

Mind you, the person being interviewed isn't exactly working on the technical side of the sim, so it's not surprising that he's giving what's essentially a marketing spiel. Funny that this site thought it was newsworthy at all, but knowing their habit of spinning out irrelevant news from their mediocre interviews, I'm not surprised.

Wait, Xbox One... nm, thought we were just talking about Series X/S.

Neo_game

It's not going to be better. Don't kid yourself.

The game uses a very large amount of RAM. The most I've seen is 12GB of VRAM and 22GB of System RAM.

And the fastest SSD in the world won't change that.

Having said that, the simple fact that the game is currently running on DX11 and not DX12 means that there's a TON more optimization that can still be done.... and will be done. So performance is only going to get better with time.

The game is obviously not optimized and RAM requirements on PC are inflated like most PC games. So I would not read too much into it. This game should have been a launch title for the Xbox as a showcase game at least it will look great in photo mode.

giphy.gif

"Some things" "might" be better...

giphy.gif

The game is obviously not optimized and RAM requirements on PC are inflated like most PC games. So I would not read too much into it. This game should have been a launch title for the Xbox as a showcase game at least it will look great in photo mode.

There is no photo mode in MSFS2020. Every shot you've seen is in-game exactly as it looks when playing. You can move the camera around like a drone, and can stop your plane from moving forward, but the world doesn't pause when you do so.

A 2080Ti can just about hold a stable 30FPS on PC.

And Xbox is supposed to better this?

How many hits on a meth filled Moroccan shisha would it take to get to this level of spin.

30 FPS are enough for a flight simulator (I say this as someone who loves 60 fps and hopes that every next-gen game will have a 60 fps mode).

With DX12 and further optimization, the XSX could definitely reach similar fidelity levels in the game as a 2080Ti today.

They'll probably scrap the support for the old Xbone.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

There is no photo mode in MSFS2020. Every shot you've seen is in-game exactly as it looks when playing. You can move the camera around like a drone, and can stop your plane from moving forward, but the world doesn't pause when you do so.
Maybe download size, cuz...why would you need such detailed models....

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Bettter hurry up with the release because its the only reason for me to get an Series X at launch.

93xfan

Banned
30 FPS are enough for a flight simulator (I say this as someone who loves 60 fps and hopes that every next-gen game will have a 60 fps mode).

With DX12 and further optimization, the XSX could definitely reach similar fidelity levels in the game as a 2080Ti today.

They'll probably scrap the support for the old Xbone.

or make it streaming only

Last edited:

lmimmfn

Improved loading screens? Maybe a pong game between loads like the old C64 loaders

Last edited:

Neo_game

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I know but console usually run on medium settings. Not a fan of photo mode can be included to have highest assests, better DOF etc ... They can use it for advertising but saying in-engine or whatever like we see in racing sims.

Top Bottom