• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft E3 Conference Date Announced

jbug617

Banned
Microsoft will host its E3 press conference on Monday, June 13 at 9:30 a.m. PT, the company announced.

In an e-mail invite sent to press, Microsoft said: “We’re excited to return to E3 this year where we’ll showcase more games and experiences coming later in 2016 and beyond, starting with our briefing at 9:30 AM PDT on Monday, June 13.”
http://gematsu.com/2016/04/microsoft-dates-e3-2016-press-conference

Maybe we will finally see footage of Recore and new game announcements.

So 5:30pm GMT?
And I guess its safe to assume Sony will go for later in the evening USA time meaning 1am or 2am GMT the morning of the Tuesday.

Need to book that day off.

Trago

*Calls in sick that day*

I expect a huge first party focus like last year. And some actual release dates.

daveo42

Banned
I might actually miss the morning conference this year unless it is a slow day at work. Hmm. Anyway...seems like we are getting into the full swing of E3 now that conference times are getting announced.

Volotaire

Usual time. Looking forward to it.

I might actually miss the morning conference this year unless it is a slow day at work. Hmm. Anyway...seems like we are getting into the full swing of E3 now that conference times are getting announced.

In past years, times and dates are usually announced towards the end of April. However, as we know, EA and Bethesda were unusually early in releasing their information and plans this year.

RowdyReverb

I guess this is the first E3 that wasn't partially spoiled by ntkrnl a couple years ago. Looking forward to going in blind

Bsigg12

I have Mondays off for this quarter so that works out nicely. Gonna workout in the morning and coming home and watch this while I eat. Should be a good one.

Halo Wars 2
Sea of Thieves
Recore
Forza spinoff 3 (Horizon 3)
Everything PC related
Maybe something Halo 5 related

rrc1594

Now that MS is also putting games on PC. What are some IPs you think they would greenlit for sequel because it has more of a chance of selling?

Sony's will likely be earlier this year since EA announced EA Play on June 12th. Probably means no conference on the 13th. So we will have Microsoft, Ubisoft, and then Sony. Bethesda's will likely be the night before and Nintendo will likely do a Nintendo Direct the following morning.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Would be satisfied with:

- Upgraded console
- ReCore footage
- Crackdown footage/details
- Banjo 3 announcement
- Jet Force Gemini announcement
- Scalebound footage

Plum

So 5:30pm GMT?
And I guess its safe to assume Sony will go for later in the evening USA time meaning 1am or 2am GMT the morning of the Tuesday.

Need to book that day off.

I have one of my A2 exams that day!

Thankfully, the exam is at 1:45pm and it really is one of the easier ones so I'm not too worried. I've done it the past two years with exams at 9am and that hasn't affected my results (got a B and an A respectively).

E3 is a great break in the middle of exam season I feel. Having Nintendo's NX goodness/badness after it most likely is just the icing on the cake.

And so it begins! The best time of the year, filled with games, hype and a healthy scooping of cringe. Gotta love that cringe!

I hope all the pressers this year start from 9.30 onwards. Means I get get home from work in time to watch live.

Lucreto

Usually time, usual place.

Hopefully Sony takes EA's old spot so EU fans don't have to wait until 2am or 3am to watch it.

I have laser eye surgery planned that day so I will miss it.

Plum

Hopefully Sony takes EA's old spot so EU fans don't have to wait until 2am or 3am to watch it.

That didn't occur to me, now I'm really hoping this happens. The one-two punch of EA and Ubisoft some of the past few years has been dire.

Chris1

Pretty excited for MS E3 this year, expecting some good stuff considering how little we know about their 2017+

It's insane how little we know about their games after 2016. Usually we have a rough idea about most of the games coming out what year ~2 years in advance, but right now the only thing we know coming in 2017 is Scalebound which was originally a 2016 game.

Not sure what to expect either which makes it all the more exciting. Only thing I can think of is Dead Rising 4 and Halo 3 anniversary (which won't be shown till next E3 anyways).

Sorry to kill the hype, but it's actually nine weeks :p.

Hype officially dead.

I think this is the first year I can say I'd be content if Microsoft didn't show Banjo.

Take a guess why.

both.png

jbug617

Banned
I'm sure Phil will also be on the PC conference also. Wouldn't be surprised if they hold off showing Halo Wars 2 until that conference.

Top Bottom