• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Earnings: 1.2 million Xbox One's shipped in Jan-Mar, 5.1M total (3.9+1.2)

bob page

Microsoft just released their official earnings for the first quarter of 2014 (January through the end of March).

In the report, they noted that 1.2 million Xbox One's were sold in during the period (2 million total Xbox units).

Microsoft sold in 2.0 million Xbox console units, including 1.2 million Xbox One consoles.

http://www.microsoft.com/investor/E...s/PressReleaseAndWebcast/FY14/Q3/default.aspx

Mod Edit:

For Oct-Dec, they sold-in (shipped) 3.9 million: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/01/microsoft-reports-3-9-million-xbox-one-shipments-in-2013/

In its quarterly earnings report today, Microsoft announced that it shipped 3.9 million units of the Xbox One to retailers worldwide from its launch in late November through the end of 2013.

So let's see they have 5M shipped through April correct?

That puts us at 800K difference and they're selling about 400K monthly so thats 400k on shelves?

How's that math?

Carl

So around 4.2 million sold total?

Isn't sold-in shipped? So you're adding 1.2 million shipped to the last sold number? Unless i'm wrong

Thought this was just the same as the shipped number we got last week. 3.9 million shipped at end of december + 1.2 million shipped Jan - March = ~5 million.

This really explains the TF firesale.

I tried to tell people. There's probably 800k Titanfall bundles or something almost as nuts. 1.2m is even more than I was expecting though :eek:

Isn't sold-in shipped? So you're adding 1.2 million shipped to the last sold number? Unless i'm wrong

Thought this was just the same as the shipped number we got last week. 3.9 million shipped at end of december + 1.2 million shipped Jan - March = ~5 million.

Yup. I forgot they already announced it :lol

This will be an informative thread to be sure.

4.2 million total from 2013- this reports final recorded date...5 million stated shipped, so about 800k on shelves?

Hrm.

KoopaTheCasual

Is this good?
Ehhhh, its okay all things considered. It's not setting charts on fire like PS4, but it's beating the 360, but its also selling less as time goes on (since we know that the XB1 sold worse week-by-week in March, compared to February).

MS needs to get extremely aggressive if they want to turn this trend around.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
It's still selling a fair amount but less than what I would have figured and the PS4 is doing laps around it right now.

Really wonder what other aces they have left up their sleeve after Titanfall. Hard to imagine an actual price cut not happening in the very near future.

koutoru

Wouldn't they have said 2 million if it was amount sold to retailers?
If they're saying 1.2 million, these seem like amount sold through to customers.

LegoArmo

That's a lot of Ones on shelves. Explains the retailer price drops.

I imagine they over shipped the Titanfall bundle expecting it to be more of a system seller.

On one hand kudos for them figuring out how to actually supply consoles unlike the 360 shorts, but wow at the amount unsolds.

People comparing to the 360/PS3 are ignoring a simple fact.

So here's an interesting question

In the same timeframe, Sony has sold 7M to consumers, MS sold 5M to retailers

Even assuming that PS4 is completely sold out which it isn't really, unless MS has a drastically lower production contract than Sony, where are those 2M other XB1's?

Biker19

Banned
800,000 units on store shelves, not a good look.

Uh-Oh. Looks like we're about to see a repeat after December where Microsoft had shipped about 4 million Xbox One consoles during November & December while only 3 million Xbox One's have been sold to consumers during those months.

4.2 million sold to customers then?
well, looks like the Xbox One will have to wait until the holidays to pass Wii U
(or maybe it'll clip it after September)

Top Bottom