• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Ending Xbox 360 Production

I've been looking to get a new model of a PS3 and can find very little stock at absurd prices. Has Sony said anything officially?

I was hoping for a super slim model for 100 euros, like they did with the PS2. They seem to be shafting the consumer by keeping the price high and not giving backwards compatibility.

TLDR: Has Sony ended the supply of PS3 to Europe?

Ignored ;(

Lima

What's so bad about the E?

Looks like shit, is build like shit and is missing optical out etc.

Honestly the same is true for PS3. The last slim model they released with the top loader is a bunch of horse shit too. The best one for both is the first slim revision they have done.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Me too. Might be the nostalgia talking, but subsequent updates never managed to be better than the blades. Great interface.

It's not nostalgia, it's true. The only thing Blades sucked at was digital purchases/drill-downs. NXE was supposed to fix this with better library management but it was a pain in the ass and other updates to make it in line with Windows 8/10 haven't fixed it either.

Blades was simple and to the point. Eject Drive->Put disc in->Play. Or flip one/two over to friends/store and check there for purchases/messages.

Occam

I've been looking to get a new model of a PS3 and can find very little stock at absurd prices. Has Sony said anything officially?

I was hoping for a super slim model for 100 euros, like they did with the PS2. They seem to be shafting the consumer by keeping the price high and not giving backwards compatibility.

No, distribution hasn't ended. The main reason for the high price is CELL. Given how much sales have slowed down, PS3 may never hit 100 EUR while it's still in production.

MrNelson

Banned

Why is there no $100 price point?
Cell

Why is there no backwards compatibility?
Cell

Less "shafting the consumer" and more "not feasible".

Keep track of all your video content for those on 360 still. Over 300 dollars worth of video content I own I can't play on my Xbox one when I called they said they needed proof to give me a refund. The commerce that Microsoft website that you can see your purchases only allows you to go back to 2013 it's kinda shady Microsoft doesn't keep records of content you bought so now they said they see my licenses but I need to provide proof to get them back. Someone needs to make a thread about this it's not right that content you buy as far back as 2012 they don't allow you to see records of.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Keep track of all your video content for those on 360 still. Over 300 dollars worth of video content I own I can't play on my Xbox one when I called they said they needed proof to give me a refund. The commerce that Microsoft website that you can see your purchases only allows you to go back to 2013 it's kinda shady Microsoft doesn't keep records of content you bought so now they said they see my licenses but I need to provide proof to get them back. Someone needs to make a thread about this it's not right that content you buy as far back as 2012 they don't allow you to see records of.
Errr, I can still see my licences in the Films and TV app under Collection.
It's tied to your account, make sure that Xbox Live is 100% up, it cluld be due to that.

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
nope. the 360 AV port was removed and replaced with a headphone jack port (i'm not even kidding) and comes with a cable with a headphone jack on one end and a RWY RCA jacks on the other.

41Sst%2BGeo6L._SX425_.jpg

If you want VGA you either have to get some sort of HDMI to VGA splitter/adapter or get the Slim right before the E.

It's more accurate to call it a TRSS jack. Similar analogue jacks are usually used for audio, but not always. Given the focus of the system has always been HD and since 2007 digital video over HDMI, it's not too surprising even if it means VGA (and I guess component if nobody makes them) no longer work.

Shame about the removal of the 5th USB port that the S had too.

Edit: Oh and optical audio.

KAP151

Apart from the god awful red ring disaster, the console was pretty amazing.

Fantastic games, controller and online.

/salute

Top Bottom