• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 | We Don't Need Roads

Solarstrike

em7jAgL.jpg

4k option(s) available

-Next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises
-From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft
-Incredibly realistic world
-Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet
-Fly day or night
-Realistic, challenging weather conditions
-For XBOX systems, PC Windows 10

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci

9DMZikK.jpg

q312yb5ezdx31.jpg

vBXlprT.jpg

Official site:
Microsoft Flight Simulator Home

Flight simulation news & communities, Airshows, and accessories:

Flight Simulator Community
VKB Controllers
Worldwide Airshows

Last edited:

womfalcs3

Banned
Killer app.

You will fly but never land properly.

Even real-life pilots use assisted landing tools to land (e.g., radio beacons that guide the plane down to the runway). Hope this has that... I don't remember if the 1998 version had this since I was a kid and oblivious.

Last edited:
Still cheaper than a $50,000 pilots license + $100,000 ultra-light.

A proper home simulator + this would be less than $10,000.

It's definitely an amazing deal.

But... a recreational pilots license for an ultra light can be achieved in under $10k FYI. And you can rent planes for ~$200 for 1 - 2 hours on the weekend (at my local airfield, anyway). There's no need to throw down $150,000 . Normal people can fly if they want to.

Flight Sim X on PC is great for RL training btw. I can't wait for the new version!

Last edited:
It's definitely an amazing deal.

But... a recreational pilots license for an ultra light can be achieved in under $10k FYI. And you can rent planes for ~$200 for 1 - 2 hours on the weekend (at my local airfield, anyway). There's no need to throw down $150,000 . Normal people can fly if they want to.

Flight Sim X on PC is great for RL training btw. I can't wait for the new version!

Normal people can't fly Jumbo Jets on 9 hour routes. This is a way to do so. I praise the existence of simulators. Paying $50 for a new jet is nothing, they are very well modeled.

Last edited:
Normal people can't fly Jumbo Jets on 9 hour routes. This is a way to do so. I praise the existence of simulators. Paying $50 for a new jet is nothing, they are very well modeled.

I completely agree, mate. I'm a huge fan of flight sims. But why not do both? :messenger_beaming:. Flying is a great skill to learn.

Last edited:
Nah its too dangerous. You can get some of the thrill of flying without risking your life. Ultra lights are death traps. Fly into an invisible random pocket of cool air and instantly fucked.

Last edited:
Nah its too dangerous. You can get some of the thrill of flying without risking your life. Ultra lights are death traps. Fly into an invisible random pocket of cool air and instantly fucked.
Well, you could die a quick death after binning an ultra light airplane in unlikely circumstances... or you could die of a Doritos induced heart attack whilst rubbing one out to some Nier Automata cosplay on Deviant Art.

One of those options would be easier for your mother to explain to the relatives :messenger_grinning_smiling: .

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
One of my friends just got his licence, took him about 6 months and a little bit of money to smash it out in that time. I know about 3 people with it now but even though I know its unlikely the Ultra lights do scare the fuck out of me. I'm sure I would feel a lot comfier if I was the controls.

I am so amped for this, I will build a new rig just to maximise this out along with a proper setup I think. It's something I've wanted to do since I was young admiring the original setups in PC Powerplay when I was kid, now its back and I can afford it. Game on.

tr1p1ex

was the highlight of the conference. it stuck out amongst a sea of sequels/clones.

...although guess it's a sequel too. lol. But I can't remember when the last one came out.

Last edited:
I always thought MS should have brought this on the XBO a while ago. I hope they make it compatible with the CH flight controls.

Could be a silent killer app. A lot of aviation enthusiast would pick up an xbox for this.

Stuart360

It will be interesting to see how the XB1 version stacks up to this footage. Obviously it will be 30fps, but texture quality of these graphics look like you will need some serious vram.

I haven't played MS Flight Simulator in years, but this is definitely going to be a day 1 purchase for my on the PC! I just really hope they have VR support with it, I can't wait!

Forsete

Wow, so they developed it in 5 months? /s

Seriously though, Xbox Game Studios is more of a collection of development studios or publisher if you like. There must be a team or teams somewhere that have developed it.

Hopefully some of the original devs from FSX are in there.

Solarstrike

Recently picked up a Gladiator MKII stick on Amazon. Trying to polish up my old sim skills in preparation for this game, along with IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Britain and Xplane11. Have to say it's a great stick. Solid, weight-y feel to it; doesn't slide around on the desk when in use. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a reasonably priced, high quality flight stick. It's pretty much plug-in and play and away you go for XPlane11. However, for Battle of Britain, remapping buttons will take a bit of time. In regards, i really wish there was a database of sorts where people could upload/share their button .configs file for the many different sticks and configuration(s) in the wild. Maybe there is?

Also going to plug a great website that's been around for ages. Flightsim has been the source for flight simulation enthusiasts for many years. They cover a gambit of topics in relation and have a fantastic community. I'll add it to the opening post. Thanks all for the thread support and feel free to share your flight sim stories, configurations, flight system set-ups and recommendation(s), air-show pictures (it's airshow season again!). Let's make this a great home base for all. See you in the skies!

Last edited:
Recently picked up a Gladiator MKII stick on Amazon. Trying to polish up my old sim skills in preparation for this game, along with IL-2 Sturmovik: Battle of Britain and Xplane11. Have to say it's a great stick. Solid, weight-y feel to it; doesn't slide around on the desk when in use. I highly recommend it for anyone looking for a reasonably priced, high quality flight stick. It's pretty much plug-in and play and away you go for XPlane11. However, for Battle of Britain, remapping buttons will take a bit of time. In regards, i really wish there was a database of sorts where people could upload/share their button .configs file for the many different sticks and configuration(s) in the wild. Maybe there is?

Also going to plug a great website that's been around for ages. Flightsim has been the source for flight simulation enthusiasts for many years. They cover a gambit of topics in relation and have a fantastic community. I'll add it to the opening post. Thanks all for the thread support and feel free to share your flight sim stories, configurations, flight system set-ups and recommendation(s), air-show pictures (it's airshow season again!). Let's make this a great home base for all. See you in the skies!

Do you think this will be supported on XB1??

pr0cs

If ever there was a game that could actually benefit from the 'powah of the clouds' it's Flight sim, accurate world data could make this game a lot of fun, I just worry it will suffer from 'DLC everything' syndrome.

Solarstrike

Do you think this will be supported on XB1??

Still too early to tell. I would think though, there will be compatible keyboard/mouse/flight stick option(s) shortly before the game releases on the console and PC which are specific to the game. There are a few flight sticks on the market currently which are specific for console gaming. Amazon has a few. I wouldn't risk buying something that wasn't going to work (using the Gladiator MK II on XBox). Unless of course, you are a tinkerer/modder and can figure out how to make it work. I am reading on the XBox support page however, to use a keyboard/mouse along with the XBox is something the developer of the specific game has to enable.

Reference, Microsoft support:
Keyboard and mouse for XBox?

DiscoJer

Still cheaper than a $50,000 pilots license + $100,000 ultra-light.

A proper home simulator + this would be less than $10,000.

This is actually one of those things that has changed dramatically over the last 30 years. My father was by no means rich, but back in the 1980s he used to have an airplane (single engine Piper) that he would fly for fun on weekends.

And it was no uncommon for high schoolers to take flying lessons. Which put me off flying.

Last edited:
Looks amazing and if MS brought back a modern day Sidewinder stick I would have a heart attack. Those things were the best bang for your joysticks ever made.

This is a good addition and I’m glad it was announced. But, a part of me is still triggered cause they didn’t announce a new Crimson Skies.😑

FASA Studio has been dead for over a decade. Believe me I want another Mechwarrior, Mechassault game more than anyone. I still get pissed at MS for shutting that studio down.

Crimson skies is a textbook example of wasted potential. Why this has never become a regular series is beyond me.

MS shut down the studio that made it back in like 07. The same studio that made MechAssault 1&2 also. If MS had nurtured FASA instead of shutting them down they would be a studio that could rival Insomniac, Guerilla, and Naughty Dog for Microsoft first party games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom