• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator has already sold one million copies on the PC

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Microsoft_Flight_Simulator_Screenshot_2020.08.25_-_02.01.29.96.png

Asobo Studio has announced that Microsoft Flight simulator has already sold over one million copies on the PC. Do note that this number is for sold copies, not for those that have played the game. So yeah, this number does not include the Xbox GamePass users.
As Asobo’s CEO told MadInfinite:​
“We have already sold more than a million copies of Flight Simulator, and it should sell even more due to the very good feedback we received.”​
Asobo promises to support Microsoft Flight Simulator for 10 years. From what we know, the team is currently testing a VR build for this flight sim game. Moreover, Asobo may implement a DX12 renderer and Ray Tracing effects in the future.
Lastly, Asobo’s CEO stated that his team is working on two projects; one with Focus Home Interactive and another with Microsoft. Focus Home Interactive published Asobo’s previous game,

“Too niche”
“Gamepass devalues games”
Etc etc etc

If I’m being honest, I don’t know the exact reason why all these games that are on Gamepass still sell as well as they do. I can only assume GP is the gateway through which people try these games, and once people like what they try they purchase the game. It’s all about the exposure.

Schmick

“Too niche”
Etc etc etc

If I’m being honest, I don’t know the exact reason why all these games that are on Gamepass still sell as well as they do. I can only assume GP is the gateway through which people try these games, and once people like what they try they purchase the game. It’s all about the exposure.
I suppose the GP version is the Standard version only.

That said, I've assumed that any MS published will never leave GP.

JimboJones

Further proof that Gamepass doesn't really affect actual full purchases. People forget that when subbed to GP you get a discount on full game purchases as long as they are in the library of games. If anything it's doing what other devs have been saying, it gave the a shit ton more exposure and resulted in a shit ton more sales.

GP doubters get KO'd once again.

That and the "pc versions aren't viable because piracy argument."

“Too niche”
Etc etc etc

That's basically it. I think the old adage is that if someone likes something enough, they'll pay for it, even if they can get it for "free".

I'm guessing the vast majority who played the game on GP liked it so much they wanted to own the game outright seeing how it more than justified itself as a value worth purchasing.

I will say though that even I'm kind of surprised a flight sim is doing so well. Maybe previous entries have done around this level of marketplace performance and I'm unaware? Nice to see it though; shows that gamers really do have a wide palette of gaming tastes and that devs don't need to always focus on the usual elements to make a hit.

keraj37

Bought it on steam.
Tried to install it 3 days straight.
No luck, the download was stuck at some point.
So I returned the game.
I will try once more, when they fix it.

Top Bottom