• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Flight Simulator launches August 18 for PC

Mista

Banned

Microsoft Flight Simulator will launch for PC via the Microsoft Store and Xbox Game Pass on August 18, publisher Microsoft and developer Asobo Studio announced. The Xbox One version is planned for release at a later date.

Here is an overview of the game, via Microsoft:
About

Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises. From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft in an incredibly realistic world. Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet. Enjoy flying day or night and face realistic, challenging weather conditions.

Key Features

• The world at your fingertips. Take to the skies and experience the joy of flight in the next generation of Microsoft Flight Simulator.
  • Explore the world. Travel the world in amazing detail with over 2 million cities, 1.5 billion buildings, real mountains, roads, trees, rivers, animals, traffic, and more.
  • Earn Your Wings. Hone your pilot skills in a variety of aircraft from light planes to commercial jets with an experience that scales to your level with interactive and highlighted instrument guidance and checklists.
  • Test Your Skill. Fly day or night with live real-time weather including accurate wind speed and direction, temperature, humidity, rain, and lighting.
And here is an overview of each edition:
Standard ($59.99)

Includes the base game.

Deluxe ($89.99)

The Deluxe Edition includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator plus five additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and five additional handcrafted international airports.

Additional aircraft:

• Diamond Aircraft DA40-TDI
  • Diamond Aircraft DV20
  • Textron Aviation Beechcraft Baron G58
  • Textron Aviation Cessna 152 Aerobat
  • Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk
Additional airports:

• Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Netherlands)
  • Cairo International Airport (Egypt)
  • Cape Town International Airport (South Africa)
  • O’Hare International Airport (USA)
  • Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport (Spain)
Premium Deluxe ($119.99)

The Premium Deluxe Edition includes everything from Microsoft Flight Simulator plus 10 additional highly accurate planes with unique flight models and 10 additional handcrafted international airports.

Additional aircraft:

• Diamond Aircraft DA40-TDI
  • Diamond Aircraft DV20
  • Textron Aviation Beechcraft Baron G58
  • Textron Aviation Cessna 152 Aerobat
  • Textron Aviation Cessna 172 Skyhawk
  • Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner
  • Cirrus Aircraft SR22
  • Pipistrel Virus SW 121
  • Textron Aviation Cessna Citation Longitude
  • Zlin Aviation Shock Ultra
Additional airports:

• Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Netherlands)
  • Cairo International Airport (Egypt)
  • Cape Town International Airport (South Africa)
  • O’Hare International Airport (USA)
  • Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport (Spain)
  • Denver International Airport (USA)
  • Dubai International Airport (United Arab Emirates)
  • Frankfurt Airport (Germany)
  • Heathrow Airport (United Kingdom)
  • San Francisco International Airport (USA)
Gematsu

Kuranghi

Rubbish graphics, wait for <insert console> version which will run at 8K@120hz with 1.9 trillion individually ray-traced vapour droplets in each cloud.

Man, this is so great, beautiful, take THAT thread about stylised graphics being better! Ha-HA!

Kuranghi

Its funny to think that in reality if you did many of the things they are doing in this trailer you'd be shot down in seconds.

Just fleeing up past the Burj Khalifa, Dubai airforce isn't happy haha

ManaByte

Will obviously play it on PC since I have GamePass but I can't wait for the Series X version to play this on my big screen in 4K.

Skyr

Would have never expected it to release that early.

And I just put my 1080ti up for sale lol..
Well I will enjoy screenshots of you guys until my 3080ti arrives...

mitchman

Gold Member
Gonna need some HOTAS recommendations lads...
Thrustmaster released some accurate Airbus licensed throttles and sticks recently. Outside of that, it's a matter of how much you're willing to pay. My recent setup is a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick at USD $500 or so. Premium+ quality, really heavy but won't slip. I hear good things about the X56 too.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I'm sure it will come to Steam at some point. I bet they think the game will be a nice carrot for Gamepass. I'd expect it to come to Steam later though.

True, but they are really back and forward on Steam. At one point they talk about supporting them, next they skip them.

Stuart360

True, but they are really back and forward on Steam. At one point they talk about supporting them, next they skip them.
Well they have released most/all of their current gen games onto Steam already. You have to remember this is a big franchise in the PC space, its very popular, or used to be anyway. This game could bring a ton of PC gamers to Gamepass.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This game is really awesome, ok I'm sharing a couple of capture because I know some people here can't wait to play this. But please don't report me <3

joUW1c.png
joU8x1.png
joUipK.png
joUjFZ.png
joUZBm.png
joUI0P.png

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Wish this came on PS5 but we know it'll never happen.

You really don't want to play this on any console. You think you do, but you actually don't.

This game is really awesome, ok I'm sharing a couple of capture because I know some people here can't wait to play this. But please don't report me <3

I would honestly remove these man. Your nickname is all over the screen, and while being kicked from the alpha now may not be as bad, it may negatively impact future alphas and betas since the Microsoft insider thing is common among all.

Last edited:

HeadsUp7Up

I was going to wait on AMDs next gen CPUs and GPUs to come out to build a new computer to play this but it's looking like my i5-4570 and GTX970 will have to do for a while. Maxed out (I hope) 1080p here I come!

HeadsUp7Up

Thrustmaster released some accurate Airbus licensed throttles and sticks recently. Outside of that, it's a matter of how much you're willing to pay. My recent setup is a Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick at USD $500 or so. Premium+ quality, really heavy but won't slip. I hear good things about the X56 too.
I need recommendations for prices peasants can afford. So less than $100 and I'm willing to go used if need be.

Last edited:
Top Bottom