• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • The Politics forum has been nuked. Please do not bring political discussion to the rest of the site, or you will be removed. Thanks.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - Xbox Series X vs Xbox Series S Graphics Comparison

Abriael_GN

Feb 26, 2019
Italy
twinfinite.net
True, it does not have to worry about animations.

It also has to "worry" about animations. You know, Aircraft have moving parts. Do people think all the gauges in the cockpit move by willpower and a pinch of magic dust?

The mental gymnastics some go through in order to discount the relevance and the achievements of this sim is absolutely hilarious.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2020
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
It also has to "worry" about animations. You know, Aircraft have moving parts. Do people think all the gauges in the cockpit move by willpower and a pinch of magic dust?

The mental gymnastic some go through in order to discount the relevance of this sim is absolutely hilarious.

To be clear, in my post that he replied to, I was speaking of character animations. Obviously objects in simulations move. That isn't discounting the relevance of this sim. Or, at least, that wasn't my intent. It is discussing differences in graphical aspects.

Last edited:

Abriael_GN

Feb 26, 2019
Italy
twinfinite.net
To be clear, in my post that he replied to, I was speaking of character animations. Obviously objects in simulations move. That isn't discounting the relevance of this sim. Or, at least, that wasn't my intent. It is discussing differences in graphical aspects.

And what exactly makes you think character animations are more of a "worry?"

Abriael_GN

Feb 26, 2019
Italy
twinfinite.net
I don't know that they are any "more" of a worry than anything else. Character animations are simply not present. It was a general observation.

And other animations are present, so that's pretty much inconsequential.

I don't know many games that put you in front of something like this, and each of these gauges is consistently animated.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Sep 25, 2020
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
And other animations are present, so that's pretty much inconsequential.

I don't know many games that put you in front of something like this, and each of these gauges is consistently animated.

Yep. There is a lot going on there and it certainly is impressive.

Last edited:

Magic Carpet

Apr 2, 2020
27 GB update? So much for that thing called preloading.
I wanted to play when I got home but now I got to wait till later tonight.
"Smart" delivery huh

eNT1TY

Jul 7, 2019
My Valve Index is due for delivery in 2 days, gives me time to get all patched up. Am so stoked to try FS in VR, though scared to see what performance is like. For reference Elite Dangerous blew my mind in VR in regards to sense of presence, this is going to be on a whole different plane of existence... :messenger_sunglasses:

Edit: whoops, meant to post on review thread

Last edited: