• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft HoloLens Project Designer Killed in Drunk Driving Hit-and-Run

Microsoft’s promising new HoloLens project suffered a truly unfortunate set back recently as one of it’s project designers, Mike Ey (30), was involved in a fatal hit-and-run incident this past Saturday morning.
According to news reports Mike was hit from behind by Robert Malsch on State Route 520 in Redmond, WA. Narrowly missing another driver before ploughing into Mr. Ey’s vehicle it was also reported that Malsch’s vehicle was driving over 100 mph. Seen running from the scene Mr. Malsch was later apprehended by police and is now facing with vehicular homicide and felony hit and run charges.
04baa1409j7m.jpg

Source: http://www.kirotv.com/news/news/suspected-drunk-driver-court-after-allegedly-causi/nkMdH/
via http://canadianonlinegamers.com/201...designer-killed-in-drunk-driving-hit-and-run/

edit: video:
www.kirotv.com/videos/online/video-friends-remember-man-killed-in-hit-and-run/vDJQN2/

Rest in peace (lock if old)

Wow, that's so sad. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Yet again, more proof that, if you are going to drink, never get behind the wheel of a vehicle.

Damerman

fuck...

RIP...

it stings more when its a young and smart person, while the irresponsible person who took the life gets to live.

soultron

Banned
RIP

Being taken from this world by a drunk driver is unfair. Hope his family, friends, and colleagues find solace.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
RIP.

Our country needs a "one strike, you're out" policy for drunk driving. It is inexcusable.

ramine

Unconfirmed Member
Poor man. So sad to lose good people to such accidents. Such a big loss for tech. My thoughts go to his friends and family.

red731

WTF this is terrible. Such a downer on all the other amazing shit today :(

Tell me about it. Nearly the same thing happened to, if I remeber correctly, one or two collegues of Palmer Luckey from Oculus.

ed: Spaghetti, yeah...VR is cursed...

Top Bottom